Homo Christians

Homo Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
I do not condemn people to hell. I condemn their actions as I am told to do.
But you weren't told that by Jesus, were you? So how are you a Christian?

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
But you weren't told that by Jesus, were you? So how are you a Christian?
I'm a Christian precisely because I follow the entire Bible, not just the parts that make me feel warm and cuddly inside.

My Lord Jesus sponsored the entire Bible.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

I'm a Christian precisely because I follow the entire Bible, not just the parts that make me feel warm and cuddly inside.

My Lord Jesus sponsored the entire Bible.
So say you. How does that entitle you to disregard what he specifically says in the Gospels?

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

So say you. How does that entitle you to disregard what he specifically says in the Gospels?
I don't disregard it. How can you make this outlandish claim?

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
15 Mar 05

If you read the whole thread, you would see that my best friend turned away from homosexuality when he became a Christian, as is proper and right.

So where exactly is my hypocrisy?
Formost, I must apologize for not expounding. I have read the thread entire, but failed to convey my point completely. I shall explain.

I do not believe Christ condemned actions the way you condemn them my friend. I also seriously doubt that your friend was brought into Christianity by fire and brimstone sermons telling him he was going to hell.

As such, I think it hypocritical that you give your friend as an example and quote the Lord when you are a person of condemnation. Christ himself said that he came not to judge, but to save. Did he preach fire and brimstone? I think not. I think he did not go around telling everyone that were in the wrong, but rather simply showed them the right.

There is a fine but poignant difference between telling people they are wrong and telling them what is right. 😉

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05
1 edit

I don't disregard it. How can you make this outlandish claim?
I've given two examples of Jesus' words that your little fundamentalist cult disregards.

One, 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

You are constantly judging people in these forums, every day.

Two, with God all things are possible.

You deny this and seek to add words that Jesus didn't use. "Except contradiction".

Therefore, I say you are no Christian i.e. follower of Christ's teachings.

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

I've given two examples of Jesus' words that your little fundamentalist cult disregards.

One, 15 Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man.

You are constantly judging people in these forums, every day.

Two, with God all things are possible.

You deny this and seek to add words that Jesus didn't use. ...[text shortened]... ion".

Therefore, I say you are no Christian i.e. follower of Christ's teachings.
And I say you're talking about something you have no concept of.

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
Formost, I must apologize for not expounding. I have read the thread entire, but failed to convey my point completely. I shall explain.

I do not believe Christ condemned actions the way you condemn them my friend. I also seriously doubt that your friend was brought into Christianity by fire and brimstone sermons telling him he was going to hell.

As ...[text shortened]... poignant difference between telling people they are wrong and telling them what is right. 😉

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John

The words of Jesus the Christ.

N
The eyes of truth

elsewhere

Moves
15 Mar 05

And I say you're talking about something you have no concept of.
I happen to have read the bible, and althouth no1 was mistaken about the identity of John the apostle, his point here seems to be valid.

Nyxie

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
15 Mar 05
1 edit

3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world ...[text shortened]... are wrought in God. John

The words of Jesus the Christ.

...and you have missed the point entire. I could expound upon this once again, but I do believe that if you are going to quote scripture, you should acknowledge the validity of no1's post and its scriptural basis. My point runs close to his, and my post here would be redundant of his.

Don't get me wrong, no1 can be a real 2 bit lawyer and all that entails, but he also got you pegged lad. I tell you with the kindness of a brother, you would do well to consider what he has said here. It is far better to be wrong and seek the truth and to be wrong and try to make perceive that wrong as right. But, as you will lad. You speak as a man, and so I shall leave your divine well being up to you.

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Nyxie
I happen to have read the bible, and althouth no1 was mistaken about the identity of John the apostle, his point here seems to be valid.

Nyxie
Agreed.

The Apologist

Moves
15 Mar 05

Originally posted by Omnislash
...and you have missed the point entire. I could expound upon this once again, but I do believe that if you are going to quote scripture, you should acknowledge the validity of no1's post and its scriptural basis. My point runs close to his, and my post here would be redundant of his.

Don't get me wrong, no1 can be a real 2 bit lawyer and all that en ...[text shortened]... ut, as you will lad. You speak as a man, and so I shall leave your divine well being up to you.
You people might have a point if that was ALL RB and I did was condemn. But we share what is wrong in the eyes of God and how to make it right.

If you did not know what was wrong, how would you stop it?

R
Track drifter ®

Hoopnholler, MN

Moves
15 Mar 05

You people might have a point if that was ALL RB and I did was condemn. But we share what is wrong in the eyes of God and how to make it right.

You do not know what god see's through her eyes. You cannot contemplate it, you cannot immagine it. God will speak to those who are ready, in her own way! God speaks to me through the wind blowin through the trees under the moon. You know the word of god, but do you know God?

RTh

O
Digital Blasphemy

Omnipresent

Moves
15 Mar 05

Darfius, I want you to understand that what I am about to say is not meant to be unkind.

We do not need the likes of you and RB telling us what is right and wrong.

Every man is responsible for figuring that out himself. As you yourself have said, a mans relationship with God is personal. A man can neither make nor break another mans spiritual relationship.

If you have something orignal or insightful to say, I and many others here would be happy to hear it. However, doing nothing but preaching does little in the way of gleaning mutual understanding, nor in winning any hearts and minds.

I hope you will see reason brother. The Lord wishes us to share our faith, not pound it into others heads redundantly.

Best Regards,
Omnislash

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 Mar 05

You don't have the "Eyes of God" so you don't know what is wrong in His eyes. Jesus already told you that with God all things are possible and it is not for man, even a divine man, such as Jesus to judge his follow man. But you ignore his teachings but still have the nerve to call yourself a Christian!

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, and cometh not to the light, lest his works should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth the truth cometh to the light, that his works may be made manifest, that they have been wrought in God.

You cut this passage off because it says the works of a man matter and Jesus was clear what was required: love and charity toward your fellow man. You don't have it, Darfius as your hate-filled posts show. I have a sneaking suspicion that if Jesus was around today, you'd get tossed out of the temple.