Hermetism

Hermetism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P

Moves
12 Apr 09

Originally posted by duecer
I would classify it as more of a philosophy
What would you define as being the specific difference?

g

Pepperland

Moves
12 Apr 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
What's wrong with mormonism and scientology?
they're both retarded.

P

Moves
12 Apr 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
they're both retarded.
As opposed to christianity? I don't see how you can think one is retarded and the more accepted religions are somehow not.

They all depend beliefs that aren't founded in evidence.

w

Moves
13 Apr 09

Originally posted by PsychoPawn
As opposed to christianity? I don't see how you can think one is retarded and the more accepted religions are somehow not.

They all depend beliefs that aren't founded in evidence.
You have to admit, Scientology is pretty retarded. ๐Ÿ˜›

g

Pepperland

Moves
13 Apr 09

Originally posted by whodey
The story of "moroni" and the golden plates is equally retarded.

I think mormons should rename themselves "morons".

rc

Moves
13 Apr 09

i actually read the book, by Mr.Hubbard, i found it in a launderette when i was a student. the idea seems to be, that we have aberrations of the mind and that these can be fixed subconsciously, or they are the result of subconscious activity, i cannot remember which, for it was such a long time ago, i was left with the impression that while the 'ideas', may have been plausible, someone somewhere was making a lot of money out of it.

P

Moves
13 Apr 09

I'm not saying that the claims of Scientology's faith are not far fetched or logical, I'm just saying they're just as fact based as the other faiths that we tend to have more respect for.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
i actually read the book, by Mr.Hubbard, i found it in a launderette when i was a student. the idea seems to be, that we have aberrations of the mind and that these can be fixed subconsciously, or they are the result of subconscious activity, i cannot remember which, for it was such a long time ago, i was left with the impression that while the 'ideas', may have been plausible, someone somewhere was making a lot of money out of it.
Dianetics is only part of Scientology. The really weird stuff is not in there.

He wrote a lot more than one book.

Zellulรคrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
14 Apr 09

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Dianetics is only part of Scientology. The really weird stuff is not in there.

He wrote a lot more than one book.
Where is the really weird stuff located?

The weirdest books of his I read were a an incomprehensible tome on org management and a truly sickening, half-hearted volume of art criticism.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
14 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Where is the really weird stuff located?

The weirdest books of his I read were a an incomprehensible tome on org management and a truly sickening, half-hearted volume of art criticism.
Officially, you have to pass into the inner circles to find out. However stuff has leaked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_opera_in_Scientology_doctrine

One example is where the cover art for Dianetics came from. It is an exploding volcano. Well, Scientologists believe that this sort of Galactic Satan Alien took a bunch of people incomprehensible ages ago, threw them in a volcano and then nuked them, causing their souls great trauma. These souls possessed some apes and led to human evolution. The trauma is the cause of all the psychological screwups, quirks, inefficiencies, and even mental and physical illnesses humanity experiences (but don't use the word psychology - to Scientologists, psychologists are frauds and agents of Xenu, the aforementioned Galactic Satan).

I might have butchered some details, but yeah...that sort of stuff.

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
15 Apr 09

*loads snub nose* Finished yet?

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
16 Apr 09

One dark night, Nazrudin the Mullah was on his hands and knees under a lamp searching for something. A group of his neighbors came over to see what was happening.

"What have you lost, Nazrudin?", said one of his neighbors." "My door key."
The others got down on their hands and knees and searched for the key. After a long unsuccessful search, one said: "We've looked everywhere. Are you sure you dropped it here?"

Nazrudin looked him in the eye and answered: "Of course I didn't drop it here. I dropped it outside my door."

"Then why are you looking for it here!" One snapped.
"Obviously!" He said. "Because there's more light here."

T
Fast above

Slow Below

Moves
16 Apr 09

Originally posted by Scriabin
One dark night, Nazrudin the Mullah was on his hands and knees under a lamp searching for something. A group of his neighbors came over to see what was happening.

"What have you lost, Nazrudin?", said one of his neighbors." "My door key."
The others got down on their hands and knees and searched for the key. After a long unsuccessful search, one said: " ...[text shortened]... here!" One snapped.
"Obviously!" He said. "Because there's more light here."
*Puts snubnose to Nazrudin's temple*

Talk your way out of this one f****r!

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
16 Apr 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
*Puts snubnose to Nazrudin's temple*

Talk your way out of this one f****r!
One day, while Nasrudin was visiting the capital city, the Sultan took offense to a joke that was made at his expense. He had Nasrudin immediately arrested and imprisoned; accusing him of heresy and sedition. Nasrudin apologized to the Sultan for his joke, and begged for his life; but the Sultan remained obstinate, and in his anger, sentenced Nasrudin to be beheaded the following day. When Nasrudin was brought out the next morning, he addressed the Sultan, saying "Oh Sultan, live forever! You know me to be a skilled teacher, the greatest in your kingdom. If you will but delay my sentence for one year, I will teach your favorite horse to sing."

The Sultan did not believe that such a thing was possible; but his anger had cooled, and he was amused by the audacity of Nasrudin's claim. "Very well," replied the Sultan, "you will have a year. But if by the end of that year you have not taught my favorite horse to sing, then you will wish you had been beheaded today."

That evening, Nasrudin's friends were allowed to visit him in prison, and found him in unexpected good spirits. "How can you be so happy?" they asked. "Do you really believe that you can teach the Sultan's horse to sing?" "Of course not," replied Nasrudin, "but I now have a year which I did not have yesterday; and much can happen in that time. The Sultan may come to repent of his anger, and release me. He may die in battle or of illness, and it is traditional for a successor to pardon all prisoners upon taking office. He may be overthrown by another faction, and again, it is traditional for prisoners to be released at such a time. Or the horse may die, in which case the Sultan will be obliged to release me."

"Finally," said Nasrudin, "even if none of those things come to pass, perhaps the horse can sing."

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 Apr 09

Originally posted by Thequ1ck
*loads snub nose* Finished yet?
YUR WEPUNS CANNUT HURT MY THETAN