Here to save the day

Here to save the day

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
10 Oct 18

@rwingett said
Yes.

But if god is not omniscient, then it could have been an honest mistake on his part.
Either:

God created evil, and did it on purpose.

OR

God is NOT all knowing, and could make a mistake here and there.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
What would be some of the regulatory details that would enforce the rejection of "mammon"? Perhaps a few examples?
This would have been an example of Christian anarchism. A stateless collection of autonomous, decentralized communities that relied on the word of god as their guiding principle. The closest approximation of this today would be the Hutterite communities of western Canada and the US. If there are any people who live as god intended, it is they.

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
Either:

God created evil, and did it on purpose.

OR

God is NOT all knowing, and could make a mistake here and there.
Yes, that about sums it up.

If I were a theist I think I would opt for the latter.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@rwingett said
This would have been an example of Christian anarchism. A stateless collection of autonomous, decentralized communities that relied on the word of god as their guiding principle. The closest approximation of this today would be the Hutterite communities of western Canada and the US. If there are any people who live as god intended, it is they.
Any examples of what I would not be allowed to do?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
Any examples of what I would not be allowed to do?
I can't say for sure, but posting on Redhotpawn forums is probably frowned upon.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@rwingett said
I can't say for sure, but posting on Redhotpawn forums is probably frowned upon.
So people sharing opinions and ideas freely would be proscribed, for example?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
So people sharing opinions and ideas freely would be proscribed, for example?
No, not at all. At least not if they were shared in a manner that did not involve advanced technology. For that is of the devil. A correct reading of the bible will tell you that the use of technology was mankind's original sin.

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@rwingett said
No, not at all. At least not if they were shared in a manner that did not involve advanced technology. For that is of the devil. A correct reading of the bible will tell you that the use of technology was mankind's original sin.
What year/era/developmental stage would you go back to ~ so to speak ~ in terms of medical technology, medicine, healthcare, surgical techniques etc.?

F

Moves
10 Oct 18

@rwingett said
A correct reading of the bible will tell you that the use of technology was mankind's original sin.
Will the constitution of these collectives be based on someone or other's "correct reading of the bible"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Oct 18

@rwingett said
I can see why you have chosen not to live this life or join one of these communities yourself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 18

@divegeester said
Are you aware that to “Ming” means to smell bad?

Well never mind that... my suggestion is “charitable attonement” whereby those people who do good works can atone for doing various evils via various good works. And how would that be measured.

Oh and welcome back.
You’ve got quite a bit to atone for what with your boozing, drunkenly groping women and puffing cigarettes with Kiddo.

Maybe you can start your atoning by cleaning your room.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 18

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
On second thoughts: I'm not interested.
wtf?😵

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 18

@fmf said
On second thoughts: I'm not interested.
tiger hears that a lot from the pub trollops. Only it’s their first thought, not their second.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Oct 18

@karoly-aczel said
wtf?😵
Easy there, champ.