1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 04:321 edit
    @fmf said
    I don't see how Israel Folau's words can be characterized as "hate speech"; misanthropic, yes perhaps, but not "hate speech". I think for the speech to be truly "hateful", it would have to incite some consequence that was substantially detrimental or damaging to the target. I don't think we have a right NOT to be outraged or NOT to be offended by someone else's beliefs or stated ...[text shortened]... nding the expression of certain ideas as "hate speech" in many cases is an assault on "free speech".
    SecondSon has accused me of posting hateful words on many occasions, his latest accusations were on the 9th April when he said this:

@secondson said:
    Your mind is so polluted with hatred against anyone that believes what the Bible says that you can't refrain from the constant slinging of your vitriolic bile and contempt.

And then on the 14th April

@SecondSon said:
    Every single post of your, divegeester's and FMF's are filled with a continuous barrage of hate speech, ad hominem attacks, ridicule and vile cruel vitriol.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 04:432 edits
    @divegeester said
    SecondSon has accused me of posting hateful words on many occasions, his latest accusations were on the 9th April when he said this:

@secondson said:
    Your mind is so polluted with hatred against anyone that believes what the Bible says that you can't refrain from the constant slinging of your vitriolic bile and contempt.

And then on the 14th April ...[text shortened]... h a continuous barrage of hate speech, ad hominem attacks, ridicule and vile cruel vitriol. [/quote]
    1.Are you saying Second Son is not entitled to his opinions?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 04:44
    @dj2becker said
    Are you saying Second Son is not entitled to his opinions?
    Of course not, how did you pull that out of my post?
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 04:45
    @divegeester said
    Of course not, how did you pull that out of my post?
    Are you implying there is no evidence to support his opinions?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 06:22
    @dj2becker said
    Are you implying there is no evidence to support his opinions?
    If it’s something that interests you then post some evidence or start a thread on it. I’m not interested in you Daniel Becker.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 09:10
    The club officials have announced that the rugby player will be fired because of what he said.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 09:35
    @dj2becker said
    Do you believe it’s ok for Rugby Australia to stipulate what it’s employees are and aren’t allowed to believe and which opinions they are or aren’t allowed to voice?
    I don't think it is so much about what he 'believes', as what he says in public. As an employee, he has to follow certain restrictions on speech as set forth by his employer.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Apr '19 09:40
    @suzianne said
    I don't think it is so much about what he 'believes', as what he says in public. As an employee, he has to follow certain restrictions on speech as set forth by his employer.
    Of course he does. He is being paid to honour a commercial contract. If he wants to exercise his right to free speech then go ahead and resign from your contract and preach away.

All this for a wrong doctrine anyway, what an idiot.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree