Happy Easter

Happy Easter

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
not worthy
You can't carry out Christ's commands because you are not worthy?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You can't carry out Christ's commands because you are not worthy?
yes

Moves
20 Apr 14

yes
What makes you think that you are not worthy to carry out the simple but important task of remembrance as commanded by Christ?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

What makes you think that you are not worthy to carry out the simple but important task of remembrance as commanded by Christ?
need effhims holy water

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

need effhims holy water
But earlier on this thread you said that you could participate but chose not to. Now you are saying you cannot participate because you are unworthy. Which is it?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

But earlier on this thread you said that you could participate but chose not to. Now you are saying you cannot participate because you are unworthy. Which is it?
unworthy no holy water

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14

OK Jeester Ill cut you some slack! Christ gave the command to whom? To those that were in a covenant with him for a Kingdom, is that not the case?

Moves
20 Apr 14

OK Jeester Ill cut you some slack! Christ gave the command to whom? To those that were in a covenant with him for a Kingdom, is that not the case?
Thank goodness you cut me that slack.

Moves
20 Apr 14

people can be at an event an observe it can they not. I have not disobeyed anyone, I observe the occasion.
Why do you choose to observe when you can participate?

rc

Moves
20 Apr 14

Why do you choose to observe when you can participate?
First of all let us establish with whom Christ made an agreement ( a covenant) with for a Kingdom.

Moves
20 Apr 14
1 edit

First of all let us establish with whom Christ made an agreement ( a covenant) with for a Kingdom.
You said earlier in this thread that you participation in the emblems of the Lord's evening meal was a matter of your choice, so this is not a complicated issue robbie; why do you choose not to comply with Christ's command to participate?

F

Moves
21 Apr 14

sure there is nothing but it does not negate what it is, personally believe? oh dear, i know you dont really do evidence but this should put to flight the rather flimsy assertion that my argument is based on personal belief,

http://www.answering-christianity.com/abdullah_smith/cross_pagan_origins.htm

as for me i will continually draw attention ...[text shortened]... spective of how much holy water they are prepared to sprinkle on them in order to sanctify them.
I have started a thread to look at this theologian's work that you have introduced me to. Thread 158903. Maybe you have further thoughts on his text that you asked me to read.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 14
2 edits

You said earlier in this thread that you participation in the emblems of the Lord's evening meal was a matter of your choice, so this is not a complicated issue robbie; why do you choose not to comply with Christ's command to participate?
If you can answer the question that has been posed to you (twice), you would understand why divesgeester.

rc

Moves
21 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I have started a thread to look at this theologian's work that you have introduced me to. Thread 158903. Maybe you have further thoughts on his text that you asked me to read.
No i dont think that would be appropriate as i do not accept everything that he says.

Moves
21 Apr 14

If you can answer the question that has been posed to you (twice), you would understand why divesgeester.
Christ said "Do this in remembrance of me". You say that you can partake but choose not to. You also say that it is not a big deal either way. You admit that you are choosing not to partake.

In short you are not only disobeying Christ's command, you are also making light of the sacrifice that it symbolises by saying it's "not a big deal either way".

I'm sure you have been busily looking up some convoluted JW dogma to support your untenable position.