guns vs. homos

guns vs. homos

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
I have met plenty of educated conservative Americans who fiercely defend their right to own guns and who disapprove of homosexuality. Haven't you?
Usually the educated ones ARE the "party bosses".

F

Moves
10 Apr 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Usually the educated ones ARE the "party bosses".
I have met numerous ordinary educated conservative Americans who were not "party bosses" and who 'liked guns' and 'disliked homosexuals'. Are you saying that you haven't?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
10 Apr 16

Originally posted by FMF
Yes, I get that you are saying you don't care about what people do in private. And I am not asking about the bestowing of some enhanced status on homosexuals on account of their private sexual activities. If you look again, you'll see I have not been asking you about those things.

Instead, I am asking you if you are the sort of person who would speak in defe ...[text shortened]... the status of homosexuals in the community on the basis of what those homosexuals do in private?
Are you asking me if I go to where ever the picketers are and confront them on one man's right to put his penis into another man's anus?

F

Moves
10 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Are you asking me if I go to where ever the picketers are and confront them on one man's right to put his penis into another man's anus?
No, not really. What I am curious about is whether you actually do or say anything related to your views on the privacy of others, like for example when you encounter prejudice and discrimination on the part of people in your community who most certainly do want to undermine the status of others - and seek to do so publicly, and do so when talking to you - and are actively engaged in this because of what homosexuals do in private.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
10 Apr 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
I know, right? Go figure.

BTW, I'm not sufficiently convinced this is solely a 'Christian' thing. More of a 'redneck' thing. And by 'redneck', I mean uneducated, politically conservative Americans who don't mind their party bosses keeping them under their thumb with their platform politics.
It's not solely a Christian thing, but there is a large group of vocal Christians that hold both views. Most of my family thinks this way.

"Christian" is supposed to mean "follower of Christ". Yet what did Christ say to the disciple who used a weapon on his behalf? "Put down your sword." And he healed the man wounded by that disciple.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Apr 16
1 edit

How so, what?
How so does it follow that what you said in your above post relates to .... ahh forget it.

You're intelligent enough to understand

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Apr 16

One, I don't know (nor do I want to know) what they (or anyone else, for that matter) do/does in the privacy of their own homes.
Two, if they're getting any type of solace in this life, I'm in support.
Three, what I consider the 'musts' of life among other people is probably pretty close to what others consider in the same light, i.e., live a quiet life of peace with as many people as possible and all that entails.
Four, I only hate the Irish.
What made you hate the Irish? I have 4 Irish grandparents so I guess you must hate me sight unseen.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
11 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
What made you hate the Irish? I have 4 Irish grandparents so I guess you must hate me sight unseen.
Freaky no more hates the Irish than he believes the Earth is flat. He is merely a practitioner of 'hand-grenade humour.'

Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was in fact an Irish astronaut.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
11 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Freaky no more hates the Irish than he believes the Earth is flat. He is merely a practitioner of 'hand-grenade humour.'

Indeed, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he was in fact an Irish astronaut.
Did you hear about the proposed Irish manned mission to the sun?
Mission Control in Dublin were asked what they proposed to do about solar radiation.
They replied;
"Don't be daft - we'll be going at night."

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

An Irish asstronaught

w

Moves
13 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Why is it that American Christians insist homosexuals must stop their buggering because of STD risk/deaths, yet insist on everyone keeping a small armory of guns despite all the shootings?
When have any Christians insisted that gays stop having sex?

I can't think of any.

Conversely, I don't favor giving gun owners special rights others don't have who are not gun owners.

If people want to go around killing themselves with whatever "gun" they wish to use they are free to do so.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
13 Apr 16

An Irish asstronaught
I see what you did there.

GENS UNA SUMUS

Moves
16 Apr 16

An Irish asstronaught
Does the "gh" not detract from the impact of your pun?

F

Moves
16 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by finnegan
Does the "gh" not detract from the impact of your pun?
He may have been thinking of the anglicized "Connaught"...?