Government, man's replacement for God

Government, man's replacement for God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
17 Jan 20

@secondson said
A week or two.
Revolution “in a week or two”.

I see.

Moves
17 Jan 20
1 edit

@secondson said
Is the "will of the people" too complicated for you?
Oh dear. Here’s what you said:

“The way our constitution is written, any "law" passed by tyrants that goes against the will of the people is "an attempt to supersede God's commandments.”

Within the context of this claim by you, how do you define “the will of the people”?

w

Moves
17 Jan 20

@divegeester said
Revolution “in a week or two”.

I see.
Speaking of Revolution, perhaps you can answer my question since the other poster split and refused to answer.

Was the American Revolution justified?

For that matter, was the French Revolution justified?

Is any revolution justified?

F

Moves
18 Jan 20
2 edits

@secondson said
Leave it to you to ask ignorant questions.
Just to be clear. It was you who mentioned "guns" and "revolution".

You feel your religious beliefs and the U.S. constitution authorize you to kill government officials or employees or elected representatives, or their defenders, or to support/contribute to/assist with such killings, at a time of your choosing [where the exact timing depends on your personal, subjective opinions and notions regarding "tyranny" and "freedom"]?

Just to be clear. Is that the long and short of your concept of "revolution" ~ and why you mentioned "guns" ~ in the U.S. in the C21st?

F

Moves
18 Jan 20
1 edit

@whodey said

American Revolution? Yes.

French Revolution, justified? Yes.

Russian Revolution, justified? Yes. Did it pan out well? No.

Indonesian Revolution, yes, expelling the Dutch was justified after a war fought over sovereignty and self-determination.

People need to call each instance how they see it on a case by case basis.

Which side would I have supported if I'd lived through the chapters of history listed above?

I can but surmise and then make assertions based on retrospect and current beliefs.

F

Moves
18 Jan 20

@secondson said
No man! We're talkin' revolution, with guns. It won't take long.
What killings will you support? Do you have any names of people you believe should be killed?

F

Moves
18 Jan 20
1 edit

@whodey said
Rereading my post, there are so many things I would like to add as a response as to why Christians voted for Trump, but I think this man says it best.

He Fights. by Evan Sayet

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #Never Trumpers) constantly ask me if I'm not bothered by Donald Trump's lack of decorum.

They ask if I don't think his tweets are "beneath the digni ...[text shortened]... an be undignified at times.
I don't care. I can't spare this man.

He fights for America!
If Trump loses in November 2020, will you support "We're talkin' revolution, with guns" action if there is any? What bearing do your Christian principles have on your answer to this?

Moves
18 Jan 20

@whodey said
Speaking of Revolution, perhaps you can answer my question since the other poster split and refused to answer.
That’s three questions, which one are you referring to?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 20

@fmf said

Indonesian Revolution, yes, expelling the Dutch was justified after a war fought over sovereignty and self-determination.

Which side w ...[text shortened]... isted above?

I can but surmise and then make assertions based on retrospect and current beliefs.
I agree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 20

@whodey said
And lastly, IF you believe that abortion is genocide like I do, then how could you ever vote for a Nazi? As a result, the entire DNC platform has divorced voters like myself.

So be it!
It's rancorous venom like this that makes you one of the most unpleasant posters to try to have an actual conversation with.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jan 20

@whodey said
Rereading my post, there are so many things I would like to add as a response as to why Christians voted for Trump, but I think this man says it best.

He Fights. by Evan Sayet

My Leftist friends (as well as many ardent #Never Trumpers) constantly ask me if I'm not bothered by Donald Trump's lack of decorum.

They ask if I don't think his tweets are "beneath the digni ...[text shortened]... an be undignified at times.
I don't care. I can't spare this man.

He fights for America!
And, it's your alignment with far-right nutjobs like this that practically force me to call you not only unChristian, but inhumane as well.

People like you who assume that Christians and liberals are antipodes are the ones who keep this bizarro dichotomy intact.

w

Moves
18 Jan 20

@suzianne said
It's rancorous venom like this that makes you one of the most unpleasant posters to try to have an actual conversation with.
The truth is a double edged sword.

Shrug. Most times it hurts.

w

Moves
18 Jan 20

@divegeester said
That’s three questions, which one are you referring to?
Just wondered what your view on the topic of revolution was.

w

Moves
18 Jan 20
1 edit

@fmf said

I'm conflicted on the topic of revolution. On the one hand, to free a populace from abject oppression it often seems like it can only come by force On the other hand, once that power is overthrown it seems like we revert back to the same problems as before the revolution. Case in point was the American Revolution. Here we had a group of men risk their very lives to be free from the tyrannical hand of England but then once they get their little government create the Alien and Sedition laws that made it illegal to speak out against the state. If it were not for Thomas Jefferson, the laws would have stayed in place, and even at that, when in power he used some of those provisions for his own political expediency before doing away with most of them. What was left over FDR used to lock up innocent Japanese Americans.

Having said all that, the citizens got lucky with Jefferson in the wings to correct most of the problem. He easily could have been absent as the US would have been a much darker place to live.

But why did Americans go to war in the first place? Was it not because they felt as though they were not represented by their government? Yet, half of Americans now feel this way every Presidential election, not matter who wins. This is primarily due to power being centralized by the Progressive movement. States, whether conservative or liberal, should be allowed to decide their own matters as was originally designed.

w

Moves
18 Jan 20

@fmf said

All 3 revolutions were initiated because of wrongs to the citizens of those countries, yet all governments are guilty of "wrongs" as well. So are all citizens justified to throw off their current governments?