Good sci-fi is about the present

Good sci-fi is about the present

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Looks like you talked yourself into a corner.
Not at all. You've made your assertions, and it's OK. I don't find any of them credible.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Do you believe the Apostle John had a relationship with Jesus Christ?
I have no way of knowing. The Gospels were written decades after the supposed events in question.

Moves
01 Feb 22

Am zam biyoko.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22
1 edit

@fmf said
I have no way of knowing. The Gospels were written decades after the supposed events in question.
I think you should do an objective investigation of the reliability of the Gospels and of the author of Revelation.

Rather than remaining mired in “I have no reason to believe” and “I have no way of knowing” excuses, why don’t you do an investigation of those two subjects and become better informed?

You obviously like to debate. Wouldn’t you like to be able to debate more substantively?

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Rather than remaining mired in “I have no reason to believe” and “I have no way of knowing” excuses, why don’t you do an investigation of those two subjects and become better informed?

You obviously like to debate. Wouldn’t you like to be able to debate more substantively?
I am not "mired" in anything. And I have no need for "excuses". My perspectives are well enough informed for my own satisfaction.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Wouldn’t you like to be able to debate more substantively?
Well, it's just a discussion in this case. I am not asking anyone to believe or disbelieve the veracity of the Book of Revelation. I am just interested in the assertions that people like you and KellyJay make about such things.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I think you should do an objective investigation of the reliability of the Gospels and of the author of Revelation.
Thank you for your advice.

Moves
01 Feb 22
1 edit

Moves
01 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
From Rev 22
“Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense with me, to repay each one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
Who is doing the casting into the lake of fire?

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
I’d have to look into that. I’ll get to it before the weekend.
This dodge again.

Definitely won’t be a historical fact.

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You can’t explain the accuracy of Old Testament prophecies any other way - or the scientific facts that were thousands of years ahead of mankind’s knowledge at the time.
Specific examples please?

Moves
01 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
Am zam biyoko.
Oh do shut up, you’re like a 5 year old trying to get attention in the adult conversation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven removed their quoted post
You sound like someone who doesn't like anyone being able to tell you what to do, and both of our opinions are just that, opinions.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
I disagree. I see the Bible as literature.

Are the things described in Matthew 27:52–53 historical facts?
Being out of the norm does not discount them as real, so yes, if an eyewitness saw them. Every book written is literature, every scientific set of data has to be interpreted no different than scripture does when we ponder its meaning. The truth of data and the meaning behind scripture will remain truth accepted or not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
Is it a "historical fact" that John-somebody-or-other had a "vision" of the already-60-years-dead Jesus, while he was alone in is his house on the island-of-something-or-other, and that these are objective truths that form the basis of the "historically accurate" Book of Revelation
When you read history, things that people say occurred, there are many things to consider. The NT has more going for it than any ancient text there in the realm of copies, copies written in the different languages, copies very close to the time of the events that they occurred in, little things only an eye witness would know versus someone who was making it up, witness that were tortured to recant and wouldn't on events they claimed they lived through which is different than believing a story they heard. So yes, historically, John's vision, I believe, actually occurred as written.