Good sci-fi is about the present

Good sci-fi is about the present

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Revelation is about the future, not history so it cannot be “historically accurate.”
So, the claim that "John" had a "vision" of Jesus, who was dead, while the writer was alone on an island is, according to you, "not history so it cannot be historically accurate"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, the claim that "John" had a "vision" of Jesus, who was dead, while the writer was alone on an island is, according to you, "not history so it cannot be historically accurate"?
The Apostle John’s vision was a vision of the future. How can the future events in his vision be historically accurate. They haven’t happened yet.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Island of Patmos
I don't see how it matters what the writer claimed or what others claimed about his location.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The Apostle John’s vision was a vision of the future. How can the future events in his vision be historically accurate. They haven’t happened yet.
Once again, do you believe it is "historically accurate" that "John" had a "vision" of Jesus while the writer was alone on an island?

Moves
01 Feb 22

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
Once again, do you believe it is "historically accurate" that "John" had a "vision" of Jesus while the writer was alone on an island?
Yes.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
How can the future events in his vision be historically accurate. They haven’t happened yet.
The claim that someone actually had this "vision of the future" and that the details of it were correctly recorded is either [1] "historically accurate" or [2] we have absolutely no way of knowing.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The Apostle John’s vision..
Is the writer's identity a "historical fact"?

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
Are the things described in Matthew 27:52–53 historical facts?
If they are "historical facts", where are they reported, aside from in Matthew?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
The claim that someone actually had this "vision of the future" and that the details of it were correctly recorded is either [1] "historically accurate" or [2] we have absolutely no way of knowing.
A vision of the future is not history. It’s bizarre to question whether a vision of the future is “historically accurate.”

And since the person who had the vision is the same one who recorded it, yeah, I’d say he recorded it accurately.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
If they are "historical facts", where are they reported, aside from in Matthew?
I’d have to look into that. I’ll get to it before the weekend.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Feb 22

@fmf said
Is the writer's identity a "historical fact"?
Yes.

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
A vision of the future is not history. It’s bizarre to question whether a vision of the future is “historically accurate.”
Whoosh

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said

And since the person who had the vision is the same one who recorded it, yeah, I’d say he recorded it accurately.
Would you say the same of Frank R. Paul?

F

Moves
01 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
And your faith is founded on assertions like this?