God, the Creator

God, the Creator

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
25 Oct 16
3 edits

Originally posted by chaney3
Weak post, because God still created it.

God created both good and evil.
However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created was good. One of the good things God made was creatures who had the freedom to choose good. In order to have a real choice, God had to allow there to be something besides good to choose. So, God allowed these free angels and humans to choose good or reject good (evil). When a bad relationship exists between two good things we call that evil, but it does not become a “thing” that required God to create it.

Perhaps a further illustration will help. If a person is asked, “Does cold exist?” the answer would likely be “yes.” However, this is incorrect. Cold does not exist. Cold is the absence of heat. Similarly, darkness does not exist; it is the absence of light. Evil is the absence of good, or better, evil is the absence of God. God did not have to create evil, but rather only allow for the absence of good.

God did not create evil, but He does allow evil. If God had not allowed for the possibility of evil, both mankind and angels would be serving God out of obligation, not choice. He did not want “robots” that simply did what He wanted them to do because of their “programming.” God allowed for the possibility of evil so that we could genuinely have a free will and choose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

https://gotquestions.org/did-God-create-evil.html

Moves
25 Oct 16

Nobody will admit that God is the creator of everything. And everything includes sin and evil.

What are you afraid of?????
'Everything' also includes bed.

Go to it.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
25 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke

Go to it.
Chaney won't take the bad with the good. If he doesn't go to sleep (his choice) he will blame God for his headache the next morning, because according to him God created everything including his headache. The fact that God gave him the ability to choose to go to bed is irrelevant to him.

F

Moves
25 Oct 16

God created good and evil. God created sin.
I am asking you, on what basis do you make these claims?

F

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
Chaney won't take the bad with the good.
I think you'll find chaney3 will take any attention from Christians he can get, good or bad.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 16

Nobody will admit that God is the creator of everything. And everything includes sin and evil.

What are you afraid of?????
Go back and read chaney3 pull your head out of your butt and you'll see more than one of
us has given you the answers.

Moves
25 Oct 16

Dive, FMF and KellyJay:

God created everything, which includes sin and evil.

End of story. If God is the Creator, you cannot have it any other way. He either created all, or....Lucifer outranked Him at some point.
What part of my explainaton (which I provided twice) do you not understand?

Moves
25 Oct 16

Dive, FMF, KellyJay,

Who created evil? If not God, then who? It just happened?

Nonsense. God created sin and evil for an unknown purpose.
What part of the explainaton I've provided twice do you not understand?

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

Go to it.
You are an atheist, and I resent your post.

Since you do not believe God exists and that He created everything, you cannot offer any substance here but a weak joke.

If evil exists, it's because God created it. Why? I don't know.

Moves
25 Oct 16

You are an atheist, and I resent your post.

Since you do not believe God exists and that He created everything, you cannot offer any substance here but a weak joke.

If evil exists, it's because God created it. Why? I don't know.
Not a joke. Solid advice.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16
2 edits

Not a joke. Solid advice.
Why? Because I am offering my opinion?

I have grown tired of hearing how we humans are merely filthy sinners who need to beg God for forgiveness. For what?

If sin and evil exist, it's because God created it, and the narrative may be incorrect.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
However, evil is not a “thing” like a rock or electricity. You cannot have a jar of evil. Evil has no existence of its own; it is really the absence of good. For example, holes are real but they only exist in something else. We call the absence of dirt a hole, but it cannot be separated from the dirt. So when God created, it is true that all He created w ...[text shortened]... oose whether or not we wanted to serve Him.

https://gotquestions.org/did-God-create-evil.html
I disagree with your notion that evil is merely the absence of good. Evil is a direct action.

Hitler may not have pursued good, but it's only his evil 'actions' that made him Hitler.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

And the free will debate does not prove any less that if sin exists, God created it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 16

Why? Because I am offering my opinion?

I have grown tired of hearing how we humans are merely filthy sinners who need to beg God for forgiveness. For what?

If sin and evil exist, it's because God created it, and the narrative may be incorrect.
Fine don't ask God for forgiveness, continue blaming him for your actions, spout off how
its all His fault for all of your choices. You want to be self-righteous by saying you have
clean hands and are not responsible for your actions someone else is, so be it.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Fine don't ask God for forgiveness, continue blaming him for your actions, spout off how
its all His fault for all of your choices. You want to be self-righteous by saying you have
clean hands and are not responsible for your actions someone else is, so be it.
I am not blaming God, please stop saying that.

God created everything, including sin and evil.

I am suggesting that the story we know is wrong.