God, the Creator

God, the Creator

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by chaney3

You are an atheist, and I resent your post.
Is there anything you don't resent?

You resent the post of an atheist, you resent God, you resent the devil, you resent the bible, you resent Jesus, you even resent frigging crop circles.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Is there anything you don't resent?

You resent the post of an atheist, you resent God, you resent the devil, you resent the bible, you resent Jesus, you even resent frigging crop circles.
You have studied the Bible very much along with University study. You came away an atheist.

You believe in nothing Ghost!

At least I am trying.

Moves
25 Oct 16

You have studied the Bible very much along with University study. You came away an atheist.

You believe in nothing Ghost!

At least I am trying.
What part of my explaination did you not understand?

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by divegeester
What part of my explaination did you not understand?
Sorry Dive. I have reviewed posts and have not found where you supplied a reason that if God created all, sin and evil were included.

No disrepect here.

God created everything. Which includes temptation and sin. As in chess, we may all be pawns.

Moves
25 Oct 16

Sorry Dive. I have reviewed posts and have not found where you supplied a reason that if God created all, sin and evil were included.

No disrepect here.

God created everything. Which includes temptation and sin. As in chess, we may all be pawns.
One is on page 2 post 13.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

God is responsible and sovereign.
Evil isn't created since it is an outcome of thoughts and intent.
God has taken responsibility in Christ.

What's your point?
I disagree.

You are placing blame on us, when we had nothing to do with it.

Moves
25 Oct 16
1 edit

I disagree.

You are placing blame on us, when we had nothing to do with it.
How is what I said "placing the blame" on you?

You are accountable for your own thoughts.

l

Moves
25 Oct 16

No disrepect here.

Chaney3,

Perhaps this article can put things into perspective for you...

https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/who-created-sin/

God is not the author of sin, God does not tempt as he cannot be tempted. To believe that God created temptation and sin is a lie.

James 1:13-15English Standard Version (ESV)

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

In a nutshell (and as outlined in the article) we mere mortals give into temptation and create sin, not God.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

How is what I said "placing the blame" on you?

You are accountable for your own thoughts.
Don't you think Dive, that each person would want to do good?

My point is that sin and evil are out of our control. God created it for an unknown reason.

c

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by leunammi
Chaney3,

Perhaps this article can put things into perspective for you...

https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/who-created-sin/

God is not the author of sin, God does not tempt as he cannot be tempted. To believe that God created temptation and sin is a lie.

[b]James 1:13-15English Standard Version (ESV)

13 Let no on ...[text shortened]... l (and as outlined in the article) we mere mortals give into temptation and create sin, not God.[/b]
To say that humans created sin is something I will not entertain.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 16

I am not blaming God, please stop saying that.

God created everything, including sin and evil.

I am suggesting that the story we know is wrong.
According to what, your feelings?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Oct 16

You didn't respond to several posts I gave you that pointed to why and how it started, why
is that?

l

Moves
25 Oct 16

Sin does not exist until you give into temptation. Again...

James 1:13-15English Standard Version (ESV)

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. 14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desire when it has conceived gives birth to sin, and sin when it is fully grown brings forth death.

You may want to reconsider your stance, it is not correct in light of what the Bible says.

Moves
25 Oct 16

Don't you think Dive, that each person would want to do good?

My point is that sin and evil are out of our control. God created it for an unknown reason.
I'm aware of what your point is and I've pointed out to you, three times now, how and why you are incorrect.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
25 Oct 16

Originally posted by leunammi
Sin does not exist until you give into temptation. Again...

[b]James 1:13-15English Standard Version (ESV)

13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am being tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted with evil, and he himself tempts no one. [i]14 But each person is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desire. 15 Then desi ...[text shortened]... i]

You may want to reconsider your stance, it is not correct in light of what the Bible says.[/b]
That is not the whole story. God while not actually tempting anyone, can and does facilitate temptation and sin.

Read over the parts of the Bible which tells the stories of Moses and Pharaoh, and of Job. Read the parts which tell of how God helps those that are 'His' to resist sin.

God facilitates, sometimes in a positive way and sometimes negative.