1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:03
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Demonstrably untrue.

Humans are, every one of them, unique in all the world, and for all time.

And even though identical twins start with the same combination of DNA, they still begin to diverge into unique beings even before they are born.
    No his beliefs about God are about as common as they come.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:262 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Show where I ever said I'm an annihilationist.
    When you first admitted that you had posted before as sumydid, 2-3 months ago. You said you didn't believe in eternal torture but believed in annihilation.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:27
    Or is that your troll strategy. Make a false claim about someone and then when challenged on it, fall back to "my buddies here in the forum can judge for themselves." Cue the clapping seals. You're a joke. Now go PM your buddies and tell them you need rescuing because you made a mess of yourself again.
    People can judge for themselves how on target my take on your posting is.
  4. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:35
    Originally posted by @fmf
    When you first admitted that you had posted before as sumydid, 2-3 months ago. You said you didn't believe in eternal torture but believed in annihilation.
    Excellent. Now all we need is a quote. Or how about I refresh your memory.

I said I lean toward annihilation, and I know that on more than one occasion--possibly including within that very comment--I've said that I'm not 100% certain either way.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:42
    Excellent. Now all we need is a quote. Or how about I refresh your memory.

I said I lean toward annihilation, and I know that on more than one occasion--possibly including within that very comment--I've said that I'm not 100% certain either way.
    Well, if you think you telling atheists about how you lean towards annihilation is going to make them want to be the kind of Christian you are and "praise" your god figure, I think you haven't - as you claim - been talking to "atheists for 20 years".

I think you have just said that to give your nonsensical view of what atheism is a sort of anecdotal-evidence reinforcement when, in fact, it just sounds like the sort of thing Christians say to each other in a sing-to-the-choir way, and not something they have actually tried out on real non-believers.
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:56
    No. And you say "admitted" as if I ever had anything to hide. Typical.

In response to your utterly false charge which you later apologized for, you said that when I was here under my old name, I was one of the biggest advocates of eternal torture in the entire forum. I told you were were wrong because that's not a position I've ever taken.
  7. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 05:59
    Well, if you think you telling atheists about how you lean towards annihilation is going to make them want to be the kind of Christian you are and "praise" your god figure, I think you haven't - as you claim - been talking to "atheists for 20 years".

I think you have just said that to give your nonsensical view of what atheism is a sort of anecdotal-evidenc ...[text shortened]... n a sing-to-the-choir way, and not something they have actually tried out on real non-believers.
    If I ever receive praise from the likes of you, it's definitely time for me to do some self-reflection because clearly I've gone wrong somewhere. You might be the least interesting, least pleasant conversationalist I've ever come across on the internet. I believe that at least one reason you exist is to show the rest of us exactly how not to be. I guess in some twisted sense, you should be thanked for that.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:13
    In response to your utterly false charge which you later apologized for, you said that when I was here under my old name, I was one of the biggest advocates of eternal torture in the entire forum. I told you were were wrong because that's not a position I've ever taken.
    OK, so the position you take is annihilationism and not eternal torture.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:151 edit
    If I ever receive praise from the likes of you, it's definitely time for me to do some self-reflection because clearly I've gone wrong somewhere. You might be the least interesting, least pleasant conversationalist I've ever come across on the internet. I believe that at least one reason you exist is to show the rest of us exactly how not to be. I guess in some twisted sense, you should be thanked for that.

These personal remarks are not as interesting as you talking instead about your peculiar views on what you think it might take for atheists to"praise" a god or gods.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 06:471 edit
    You are coming across as another angry militant Christian who is unable to adequately and coherently discuss their beliefs because they haven’t thought through the consequences of them.

One thing is for certain, FMF ruffles feathers, he has ruffled your feathers. He is surgeon-like in his sometimes relentless persuit of the truth of a matter or a forum situation, he can be cutting and acerbic and even scornful when confronted with the blatant dishonesty and unprincipled behaviour in here at times. But your remarks about him just sound like the ruffling of your feathers.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 07:01
    I'm not advocating the eternal torture position, but I'm curious. On what grounds do you make that claim about a "creator god." Is your claim based on facts (please list them) or is it based on your feelings and desires?
    I want to hear you advocate against eternal torture for the thoughts in your head. Because christianity says believe or suffer forever. This can't be news for you, so you are lying and pretending.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 07:051 edit
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Because christianity says believe or suffer forever. This can't be news for you, so you are lying and pretending.
    Correction: some of Christianity says this and some doesn’t.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 10:262 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Correction: some of Christianity says this and some doesn’t.
    I do know that. It's called cherry-picking. Bible or not, this isn't rocket science.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 10:45
    I do know that. It's called cherry-picking. Bible or not, this isn't rocket science.
    You have something against “cherry picking”?
  15. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 13:36
    Annihilation is an official doctrine and there are verses to support it. I've already said. I'm not sold 100% either way. Annihilation makes more sense to me. If I had to go with what I want to believe, it would be that. Whether I adhere to eternal torture or annihilation, it has no bearing on my salvation. So I don't feel pressed to pick one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree