Getting past eternal torture

Getting past eternal torture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
So you mean there is no pain and suffering for people who don't believe "Jesus is
the Way to God"?
The goal is not for us to avoid pain and suffering, it is to be restored to God.
If all you care about is avoiding pain and suffering it isn't love motivating you to God.
Avoiding pain and suffering is purely a selfish act.

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
The goal is not for us to avoid pain and suffering, it is to be restored to God.
If all you care about is avoiding pain and suffering it isn't love motivating you to God.
There either there is pain and suffering for people who don't believe "Jesus is the Way to God" or there isn't? And either people who believe "Jesus is the Way to God" avoid the pain and suffering that they believe is the fate of non-believers or they don't.

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

What is the purpose of inflicting the pain and suffering then?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 18

There either there is pain and suffering for people who don't believe "Jesus is the Way to God" or there isn't? And either people who believe "Jesus is the Way to God" avoid the pain and suffering that they believe is the fate of non-believers or they don't.
My answer was simple and to the point, if it is beyond you so be it.

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

Do people who believe "Jesus is the Way to God" in order to avoid pain and suffering face "damnation" for their selfish act?

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

My answer was simple and to the point, if it is beyond you so be it.
It isn't "beyond" me. I get what you are claiming. I am probing at your rather furtive way of expressing yourself which either points to a basic incoherence in what you are claiming or you don't really understand what you are saying.

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

The judgment of God is going to ensure nothing wicked and evil goes into the Kingdom of God that He is setting up that is eternal.
What action do you believe your Christian God is going to take against your wickedness and "evil"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Can you give a reason why “torture” is not a good adjective for being supernaturally kept from dying and being burnt alive with endless torment and gnashing of teeth for eternity?
I guess you can't KellyJay 😵

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 18

What action do you believe your Christian God is going to take against your wickedness and "evil"?
Jesus Christ took all of our sins upon Himself for us all, those that turn to Him putting their faith in Him are forgiven not for our sake, but for His. We have nothing to brag about in this it’s all about God’ Love Mercy and Grace.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 18
1 edit

Jesus Christ took all of our sins upon Himself for us all, those that turn to Him putting their faith in Him are forgiven not for our sake, but for His. We have nothing to brag about in this it’s all about God’ Love Mercy and Grace.
I find it an endless source of amusement how you wait ages before posting, until I've actually posted a reply to you, and then you immediately post after me so you can demonstrate how you are ignoring me. 😵

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

Forgiving you for the"evil" things you do is the opposite of "taking action against" them.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 18

Forgiving you for the"evil" things you do is the opposite of "taking action against" them.
The Father sent the Son to become sin for us by taking on all of our sins, so He, not us, paid the price for our sins. In 30 years you learn nothing of this? He paid the price and without Him we stand before God guilty of every thing we have done, every evil word spoken, every thought and all those times that we should have done and said things and didn’t. 30 years man were you asleep in church the whole time?

F

Moves
23 Jul 18

The Father sent the Son to become sin for us by taking on all of our sins, so He, not us, paid the price for our sins. In 30 years you learn nothing of this? He paid the price and without Him we stand before God guilty of every thing we have done, every evil word spoken, every thought and all those times that we should have done and said things and didn’t. 30 years man were you asleep in church the whole time?
You're typing out stuff that isn't addressing the content of my post: forgiving you for the"evil" things you do is the opposite of "taking action against" them. Forgiving you for the"evil" things you do is NOT taking action against them. Address this.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jul 18
1 edit

You're typing out stuff that isn't addressing the content of my post: forgiving you for the"evil" things you do is the opposite of "taking action against" them. Forgiving you for the"evil" things you do is NOT taking action against them. Address this.
KellyJay’s replies are generally a stream of platitudes and dogmatic churchy-speak which may, but usually does not, address the content of the post he is responding to. I think that he believes that in doing this he is somehow engaging in meaningful discourse.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
23 Jul 18

We are forgiven because of the actions God took, I suppose you are still blind to that!