Getting past eternal torture

Getting past eternal torture

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
divegeester's soul is "desperately in danger"? Why?
We all stand before God condemned unless we are right with God through Jesus Christ. So the danger is for us all if we neglect so great a salvation!

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
We all stand before God condemned unless we are right with God through Jesus Christ. So the danger is for us all if we neglect so great a salvation!
You've explained already that your god figure is not going to take any action against you or the "evil" you do because you believe in Jesus. Why doesn't this apply to divegeester too? Has he rubbed you up the wrong way?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

You've explained already that your god figure is not going to take any action against you or the "evil" you do because you believe in Jesus. Why doesn't this apply to divegeester too? Has he rubbed you up the wrong way?
It applies to everyone equally, why wouldn't it apply to dive?

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

It applies to everyone equally, why wouldn't it apply to dive?
If your god figure is not going to take any action against divegeester - or the "evil" you claim he does - because he believes in Jesus ~ as you believe is the case with you ~ then what's with the daft "...The warning was real, really, real, desperately, without a doubt monsterably, your eternal soul is desperately in danger real!..." histrionics?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 18
1 edit

The warning was real, really, real, desperately, without a doubt monsterably, your eternal soul is desperately in danger real! How Jesus talked about it was just as I described it.
No one is asking you if there was a warning or not. Tell you what, let’s agree that there was a warning Ok, can we move on from the warning now? Ok good...

Now, was Jesus speaking metaphorically (about this warning), using metaphors (about this warning), OR was he speaking literally about the warning. Was he warning using REAL things, or was he warning using metaphors?

Ok let’s see how this goes...

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
No one is asking you if there was a warning or not. Tell you what, let’s agree that there was a warning Ok, can we move on from the warning now? Ok good...

Now, was Jesus speaking metaphorically (about this warning), using metaphors (about this warning), OR was he speaking literally about the warning. Was he warning using REAL things, or was he warning using metaphors?

Ok let’s see how this goes...
You did read what I wrote earlier didn't you? The removing of body parts portion of His
statement was a metaphor. Hell was not, it is mention elsewhere by different people, it is
very real.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 18
1 edit

Hell was not (a metaphor) , it is mention elsewhere by different people, it is
very real.
In that case as you are determined to hold on to your beloved doctrine of death by this rational, tell me how many times does something have to be “mentioned” for it to be real, literal?

The removal of body parts is “mentioned” more than once as a strategy for avoiding sin.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

In that case as you are determined to hold on to your beloved doctrine of death by this rational, tell me how many times does something have to be “mentioned” for it to be real, literal?

The removal of body parts is “mentioned” more than once as a strategy for avoiding sin.
It is written in scripture dive, if you want to show me how the lake of fire doesn't mean
what it says, by all means do it. We are discussing scripture, not opinions, we can walk
away from each other in disagreement, but the Word isn't changing to suit us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

With respect to removal of body parts, quote the text so we can look at all of them!

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

if you want to show me how the lake of fire doesn't mean
what it says, by all means do it.
OK, then. What does the "Lake of Fire" mean exactly? What is its nature? What happens there?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18
2 edits

OK, then. What does the "Lake of Fire" mean exactly? What is its nature? What happens there?
It is a lake of fire that is also referred to as the second death, a fire that burns of sulfur,
prepared for devil and his angels and others to be cast in are the beast, the false prophet,
death, hades, and anyone whose names are not written in the book of life where the
torment will be day and night forever and ever.

F

Moves
29 Jul 18

It is a lake of fire that is also referred to as the second death, a fire that burns of sulfur,
prepared for devil and his angels and others to be cast in are the beast, the false prophet,
death, hades, and anyone whose names are not written in the book of life where the
torment will be day and night forever and ever.
And it's a metaphor for complete and permanent destruction and annihilation?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 18

It is written in scripture dive, if you want to show me how the lake of fire doesn't mean what it says, by all means do it.
What are you on about... I have been doing this very thing for years and years.

I have started countless threads on it over the years I’ve been here, some of which ran to hundreds and hundreds of posts.

In response to you dishonesty claiming you didn’t know where I stood on the matter, I started this Thread 177498 a few weeks ago which ran to six hundred posts, the OP citing 7 points of contention against your revolting erroneous doctrine, including scriptural defences, mortality defences and logical incoherences.

KellyJay, have you ever stopped to read and truly consider anything I’ve written on the subject? Are we going to be here in another few weeks when you dishonestly ask me your question again?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Jul 18
2 edits

With respect to removal of body parts, quote the text so we can look at all of them!
Sure, here are three, a nice trinity for you with two translations to boot.

Mathew 5:29 KJV
“And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for. thee that one of thy members should perish, and. not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

LITERAL OR METAPHOR?

Mark 5:29 New International Version
And if your eye causes you to stumble, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell

LITERAL OR METAPHOR?

And of course Mathew 18:8

Now, will you accept that cutting of body parts is LITERAL because there are at least three (I’m sure there are more) “mentions” of doing it?

No you won’t. Why? Because you are stubborn and spiritually wedlocked to your doctrine of death.

Start chopping your bits off mate!!!!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Jul 18

If your god figure is not going to take any action against divegeester - or the "evil" you claim he does - because he believes in Jesus ~ as you believe is the case with you ~ then what's with the daft [b]"...The warning was real, really, real, desperately, without a doubt monsterably, your eternal soul is desperately in danger real!..." histrionics?[/b]
Everyone’s sin is going to be paid for either by the sinners themselves, or by Christ our salvation who became sin for us taking our sins upon Himself. So no evil deed or wicked act thought or word will be left unaccounted for and delt with!