Gay marraige? What would God say?

Gay marraige? What would God say?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
13 May 05
2 edits

Originally posted by Nemesio

As for the arsenokoitai ...

Anyway, you raise essentially the same thing I did: is what St Paul
considered to be homosexuality (the sort of cultic, orgiastic
homosexuality of Greco-Roman culture) analagous to modern
homosexuality ...[text shortened]... ion of it (or its theoretical
sinfulness) still apply?

Nemesio
As far as definitions go, I suppose that any woman who enjoys the arsenokoitai of any other woman in her leisure time, or any man who takes the proverbial 'it' up the arsenokoitai should cover it.

Anyway, I agree- those Greeks were terribly immoral by today's standards. These days, as I understand it, homosexual practices have become very savoury indeed. Sure, for the birds it's mainly growing beards, and for the blokes it's mostly criticising other people's curtains in a sarcastic, fruity tone.

No depravity there!!!

😀

SJEG

K

Moves
13 May 05

Originally posted by Conrau K
The bible is divinely inspired, supposedly. Many of the other bookd 'burnt' were considered aporcryphal. And if you thinks homosexuality is wrong then dont practise it, if you feel its right i don't think God cares. GOd sent his only son to be crucified for our own sake. If he loves us that much then this subject should not be an issue.
If God is all powerful and all knowing, how did he get himself into a situation where he had to sacrifice is only son?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 May 05

Originally posted by K0hler
If God is all powerful and all knowing, how did he get himself into a situation where he had to sacrifice is only son?
That really was a stupid remark.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 May 05

Originally posted by Conrau K
That really was a stupid remark.
How so? It seems a reasonable question; got an answer?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
13 May 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
How so? It seems a reasonable question; got an answer?
#1, occasionally when the Terri Schiavo case was going on I would ask people who were against her being "starved " by her husband if they had the same level of anger at God for allowing his son to die. Those were short conversations.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 May 05

Because God gave free will to mankind. The ability to choose what is right and wrong. Through Moses God gave the law, through Jesus he gave truth and through his dying gave us salvation from our sins. Jesus is the living beread whivh gives life to everything and to ensure that his poeple could be saved he died to make a new covenant. A covenant in which he was the new lamb that could take away the sins of the world.
Jesus' death was fulfillment of the scripitures and was inevtiable because of his teachings, Jesus could not have taught to the poeple if he did not want to be crucified.

T

Moves
15 May 05
2 edits

Jesus was not starved, (when being cruficied you die of suffocation in case you didnt know) Terry Shaivo was.

s

Et in Arcadia ego...

Moves
15 May 05

Suffocation?? Care to elaborate?

I knew of back breaking pain, from nervous damage, loss of blood, dehydration, exposure, starvation... but suffocation?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
15 May 05

Originally posted by kirksey957
#1, occasionally when the Terri Schiavo case was going on I would ask people who were against her being "starved " by her husband if they had the same level of anger at God for allowing his son to die. Those were short conversations.

Are you really that ignorant, uninformed and stupid ?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
15 May 05

If you really want to know an anwer to that question you'll have to find it yourself. Any answer given by somebody else will not do.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 May 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe

Are you really that ignorant, uninformed and stupid ?
My ignorance, uninformedness and stupidity are here to give you a reason to get up in the morning. Glad to be of service.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
15 May 05

My ignorance, uninformedness and stupidity are here to give you a reason to get up in the morning. Glad to be of service.

for instance why do you write "starved" instead of starved without " " in your post ?

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
15 May 05

for instance why do you write "starved" instead of starved without " " in your post ?
Because the word starved has connotations of abuse in this case. My opinion is that she was not abused by the withholding of food and water, but as you know we will disagree on that. There is no reason to begin a new thread on her.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 May 05
1 edit

Actually, she wasn't "starved by her husband" at all; the Court determined that her wishes were she would have not wanted to be fed by a feeding tube under the circumstances. Her husband's wishes were legally irrelevant; so if you're going to say Kirksey was misinformed, you should correct him on that point. "Starve" can mean to die from lack of food or to suffer extreme hunger according to my dictionary; Terri couldn't have food or suffer at all in her physical condition, so starve doesn't fit the definitions in Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
15 May 05
2 edits

Because the word starved has connotations of abuse in this case. My opinion is that she was not abused by the withholding of food and water, but as you know we will disagree on that. There is no reason to begin a new thread on her.
Kirk: " ...... occasionally when the Terri Schiavo case was going on I would ask people who were against her being "starved " by her husband if they had the same level of anger at God for allowing his son to die. Those were short conversations."

I can imagine why these were short conversations. What you said was firstly outrageous and above all lacking all necessary understanding. Secondly it was a very manipulating question.

Anyone who asks such a question should become aware of this.

Sometimes I find your version of Christianity more offensive and misleading than RBHill's. On top of that your brand of Christianity (liberal) is selfserving and leading people completely astray. You don't believe in God but you ask God to believe in you.