Gay marraige? What would God say?

Gay marraige? What would God say?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 May 05

I am conflicted by the scriptures teachings. God describes the union of male and female as sacred and the human body as a sacred temple of God that should not ne defiled. Yet Jesus teaches that what you permit on Earth will be permitted in heaven and what you prohibit on Earth will be prohibited in heaven (Matthew 18. 18). Paul the apostle also tells us to make up our minds in honour of the lord and that we should not judge poeple because God has accepted that person(Romans 14). Then again Paul also tells us that God has given sinners hearts over to filthy thingd and they will do filthy things with each other(Romans 1. 24.)
I'm confused.

Outkast

With White Women

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Conrau K
I am conflicted by the scriptures teachings. God describes the union of male and female as sacred and the human body as a sacred temple of God that should not ne defiled. Yet Jesus teaches that what you permit on Earth will be permitted in heaven and what you prohibit on Earth will be prohibited in heaven (Matthew 18. 18). Paul the apostle also tells us to ...[text shortened]... to filthy thingd and they will do filthy things with each other(Romans 1. 24.)
I'm confused.
Welcome to life!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05

I am conflicted by the scriptures teachings. God describes the union of male and female as sacred and the human body as a sacred temple of God that should not ne defiled. Yet Jesus teaches that what you permit on Earth will be permitted in heaven and what you prohibit on Earth will be prohibited in heaven (Matthew 18. 18). Paul the apostle also tells us to ...[text shortened]... to filthy thingd and they will do filthy things with each other(Romans 1. 24.)
I'm confused.
Confused... you are reading a book thousands of years outdated.

ES

U
Solacriptura

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Confused... you are reading a book thousands of years outdated.

ES
It is very old indeed, however the truths held in it are still as valid today as the day the were written.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Una
It is very old indeed, however the truths held in it are still as valid today as the day the were written.

Yup, stone that woman... would ya?!

ES

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Una

Yes, and the falsehoods are just as pernicious.

l

London

Moves
08 May 05

I'm confused.
Mt 18:18 is said to Peter and has been traditionally understood by the Church as the authority to absolve sins.

Rm 14:3 asks Christians who are well-grounded in the faith to show charity towards Christians who are scrupulous (e.g. in dietary matters or matters of fasting) because they are not as well-grounded in the faith.

No conflicts here.

U
Solacriptura

Moves
08 May 05

Yup, stone that woman... would ya?!

ES
Stone what woman?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by Una
Stone what woman?
From Deuteronomy, chapter 22
Bible, King James. Deuteronomy, from The holy Bible, King James version

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new2?id=KjvDeut.sgm&images=images/modeng&data=/texts/english/modeng/parsed&tag=public&part=22&division=div1

19: And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
20: But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
21: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
22: If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
23: If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
24: Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
25: But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:

f

Moves
08 May 05

From Deuteronomy, chapter 22
Bible, King James. Deuteronomy, from The holy Bible, King James version

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new2?id=KjvDeut.sgm&images=images/modeng&data=/texts/english/modeng/parsed&tag=public&part=22&division=div1

19: And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of t ...[text shortened]... ield, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
He who is without sin throw the first stone

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
He who is without sin throw the first stone
I'm not throwing any stones. Never had, never will. Follow the conversation please.

ES

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
08 May 05
1 edit

Originally posted by bbarr
Yes, and the falsehoods are just as pernicious.

Now that's not very Buddha-like, is it Bbarr ?

By the way what does Buddhism say about gay "marriage" ?

f

Moves
08 May 05

I'm not throwing any stones. Never had, never will. Follow the conversation please.

ES
Never said you was, Just pointing out that we are not to judge

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
08 May 05

Originally posted by flyUnity
Never said you was, Just pointing out that we are not to judge
Don't tell me about it, I'm just debating a point about a book that I feel is outdated. OK?

ES

f

Moves
08 May 05

Don't tell me about it, I'm just debating a point about a book that I feel is outdated. OK?

ES
And Im debating my point ok?