Future?

Future?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jul 10

What do you think is the future of humanity?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
16 Jul 10

Originally posted by galveston75
It's either gonna involve some pretty spectacular technological breakthroughs or a rather dramatic reduction in population in the not too distant, I fancy.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jul 10

In the future all of humanity will become Jehovah Witnesses. Thats the only way we can get salvation. Those who refuse to become JWs will be destroyed.

g

Pepperland

Moves
16 Jul 10

Originally posted by Rajk999
In the future all of humanity will become Jehovah Witnesses. Thats the only way we can get salvation. Those who refuse to become JWs will be destroyed.
LOL!

priceless.

Cape Town

Moves
16 Jul 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
It's either gonna involve some pretty spectacular technological breakthroughs or a rather dramatic reduction in population in the not too distant, I fancy.
Why the dramatic reduction? Do you believe the earth cannot sustain its current population?

Ming the Merciless

Royal Oak, MI

Moves
16 Jul 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
Why the dramatic reduction? Do you believe the earth cannot sustain its current population?
Eventually the sun will explode.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jul 10

Originally posted by rwingett
Well before the sun explodes then...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
17 Jul 10

If we're still around when the next Glacial Maximum happens, large parts of North America and Europe could be in trouble.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
17 Jul 10
1 edit

Whatever God says it will be. Obviously!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
17 Jul 10

Originally posted by twhitehead
No i'm sure it could if it were a stable population. I don't think it is stable though. I think we'll carry on multiplying until we outstrip our ability to support the population and then we'll crash, and I think there's every chance that it could be quite messy.

Cape Town

Moves
17 Jul 10

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
No i'm sure it could if it were a stable population. I don't think it is stable though. I think we'll carry on multiplying until we outstrip our ability to support the population and then we'll crash, and I think there's every chance that it could be quite messy.
Many large countries have a stable population. I believe much of Europe, USA, China and others have a birthrate that does not sustain the population.
What sort of timeline do you predict this crash?
Why should it get quite messy? Why wouldn't we simply adjust? If the issue is food, the vast majority of people could live on less food than they do now. If the price goes up, we will economize. Also, if the price goes up, we will grow more food. There are buffers that would slow down any effects.
Or were you thinking of other effects like global warming?

d

Moves
17 Jul 10

If we don't stop polluting Earth...the not so far away future look's pretty nasty to me: more floods (not biblical but natural 🙂 ), hurricanes and other life forms disappearing.
As for "spiritual" future the long going debates between different religions and atheist will continue forever and I'm sure that no fraction will win this fight.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Jul 10

Well from a biblical viewpoint the immediate future doesn't look so good for mankind, but the earths future has some very good assurancess from god towards a good future.
Matt 6:10 says "that the earth will be included as part of his Kingdom".
Matt 5:5 says "the meek and mild tempered will inherit the earth".
Ps 37:29 says "the righteous will live upon it forever".
EC 1:4 says " it is standing to time indefinite".
Isa 45:18 says "God formed it to be inhabited".

So for those that believe God and what he tells us, we can have faith that the earth will be protected by him forever.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
17 Jul 10

Originally posted by rwingett
By that time we will have settled other planets.

d

Moves
17 Jul 10

Well from a biblical viewpoint the immediate future doesn't look so good for mankind, but the earths future has some very good assurancess from god towards a good future.
Matt 6:10 says "that the earth will be included as part of his Kingdom".
Matt 5:5 says "the meek and mild tempered will inherit the earth".
Ps 37:29 says "the righteous will live ...[text shortened]... what he tells us, we can have faith that the earth will be protected by him forever.
So, we are again at this: the bible is true because is the bible. Do you have a good news for me? ...since I don't believe in god and bible.