Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Sigh its hard in my specific field to find even a handful of persons who could understand the concepts that I would cover in my thesis. Id probably need to publish it and wait ten years or more before the scientific community caught up 😛
Too right, I reckon my 'BS-O'meter' would blow a gasket reading your thesis. Anyhow, come on Mr Empirics, you have a chance to change the world here. What are you waiting for?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Too right, I reckon my 'BS-O'meter' would blow a gasket reading your thesis. Anyhow, come on Mr Empirics, you have a chance to change the world here. What are you waiting for?
Mr. Empirics?

I just busted a gut!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
26 Sep 13
1 edit

aOriginally posted by divegeester
Well you are wrong again, because most humans don't live past 100 years so no one has to wait 2000 years.
Wow, I never would have known that if you hadn't pointed it out.
Your insights are amazing.
I notice you didn't actually talk about the charge that 2000 years has gone by with no return of your precious JC in sight. And that will be unchanged 2000 years from now, 20,000,000 years from now for the simple reason that A) He didn't die on the cross, he was let down and slathered in ALOE, a healing lotion, and B) three days later, miraculously reappearing, then realizing he best not hang around Jerusalem or the Roman's will figure it out, hightails out of town with instructions to have them make up a BS tale to keep his particular scam going. And here we are 2000 years later, the scam permanently in place.

How many MORE centuries will go by before people actually figure out the scam?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by JS357
OK then you should direct your complaint to sonhouse. My only point was that sonhouse did not lump all people of faith together.
sonhouse says he is in a war, my complaint was with sonhouse.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Wow, I never would have known that if you hadn't pointed it out.
Your insights are amazing.
I notice you didn't actually talk about the charge that 2000 years has gone by with no return of your precious JC in sight. And that will be unchanged 2000 years from now, 20,000,000 years from now for the simple reason that A) He didn't die on the cross, he was l ...[text shortened]... tly in place.

How many MORE centuries will go by before people actually figure out the scam?
Well, you haven't figured out anything. You are just repeating some old speculations that have been dismissed by the intelligent logical thinkers of the past. You got anything knew?

The Instructor

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
26 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Well, you haven't figured out anything. You are just repeating some old speculations that have been dismissed by the intelligent logical thinkers of the past. You got anything knew?

The Instructor
Anything knew{sic}.
LOL

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Anything knew{sic}.
LOL
Well, do you?

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Sep 13

The Instructor
Just exactly how do you dismiss the charge this dude is coming back but hasn't in 2000 years? That is a fact. Every day that goes by is one day closer to the next 2000 years. The only way you can 'dismiss' it is to say, all you flapping atheists out there, you are full of BULL, my lord is coming back, don't care WHAT you say. Isn't that about it?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
sonhouse says he is in a war, my complaint was with sonhouse.
Kelly
I am not in a war, I want OUT of the war. The war is being carried out by creationists trying by political means with pseudoscience you tube video's to disprove evolution by whatever means they can. This is weaponized pseudo science in action, trying to gain converts in their desperate attempt to win legal battles to try to force creationism to be taught along side evolution in a science class. That is only phase one of their agenda.

Fortunately, the judges so far have proven to be hip to their tricks. I hope is stays that way. The US is far down the list of education in the world stage. Forcing creationism to be taught in a science class can ONLY have the effect of putting us that much further behind the rest of the world.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
27 Sep 13

I am not in a war, I want OUT of the war. The war is being carried out by creationists trying by political means with pseudoscience you tube video's to disprove evolution by whatever means they can. This is weaponized pseudo science in action, trying to gain converts in their desperate attempt to win legal battles to try to force creationism to be taught al ...[text shortened]... nce class can ONLY have the effect of putting us that much further behind the rest of the world.
You are not in a war you want out of, really?
I'm a creationist, I'm not at war with anyone, nor do I want to put
my foot on anyone's throat. You should look at the language in this
thread, and tell me you are part of something very bad just because
you disagree with a matter of faith.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
27 Sep 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
You are not in a war you want out of, really?
I'm a creationist, I'm not at war with anyone, nor do I want to put
my foot on anyone's throat. You should look at the language in this
thread, and tell me you are part of something very bad just because
you disagree with a matter of faith.
Kelly
Matter of faith. That is the crux of the problem. They want this matter of faith to become LAW and that I will fight tooth and nail. This goes WAY beyond a mere matter of faith. If they stayed with this matter of faith among themselves there would be no problem but when they start tying up the courts with frivolous lawsuits trying to FORCE that creationism down the throats of schools, that goes WAY beyond a simple matter of faith. Hey, if you want to believe in 3000 year old fairy tales be my guest, just don't try foisting it on the school system.
You obviously have no problem with that, you WANT those bastards to win.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Sep 13

Matter of faith. That is the crux of the problem. They want this matter of faith to become LAW and that I will fight tooth and nail. This goes WAY beyond a mere matter of faith. If they stayed with this matter of faith among themselves there would be no problem but when they start tying up the courts with frivolous lawsuits trying to FORCE that creationism ...[text shortened]... on the school system.
You obviously have no problem with that, you WANT those bastards to win.
I hate breaking it to you, but you have faith about a lot of topics too!
I do believe that forcing your will upon others is also something you want
to do as well. It just appears that when you do it, it is okay, when others
attempt it, it is not. I guess being able to agree to disagree is becoming
a loss art in these days. I don't send my kids to public school so what
goes on there I really don't it worry too much about. I'm more concern
about the drug use, gang activity, shootings, teacher student sex, under
age sex, unwanted pregnancies than I am some class teaching what they
believe happened billions or thousands of years ago.
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Sep 13
2 edits

Just exactly how do you dismiss the charge this dude is coming back but hasn't in 2000 years? That is a fact. Every day that goes by is one day closer to the next 2000 years. The only way you can 'dismiss' it is to say, all you flapping atheists out there, you are full of BULL, my lord is coming back, don't care WHAT you say. Isn't that about it?
As I have already told you, it has not been 2000 years yet. We have about 18 years to go. But Jesus said that no one knows the day or hour of his coming.

“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Now learn this parable from the fig tree: When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves, you know that summer is near. So you also, when you see all these things, know that it is near—at the doors! Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away.

But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be."

(Matthew 24:29-39 NKJV)

Notice He says certain things will happen first and "this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place." I take that to mean not the generation he was speaking to, but the generation living immediately after the great tribulation that He predicted.

Remember that the questions concerned when would the destruction of the temple take place, which he had already answered, and another concerning the sign of His coming and the end of the age. What I quoted above concerned the sign of His coming and end of the age. I don't believe He was saying that both the destruction of the temple and the end of the age with His coming were going to happen within the same generation.

The apostle Peter also warned us about people coming that would say what you are saying now.

Scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NKJV)

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
28 Sep 13
1 edit

As I have already told you, it has not been 2000 years yet. We have about 18 years to go. But Jesus said that no one knows the day or hour of his coming.

[b]“Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. Then ...[text shortened]... nue as they were from the beginning of creation.”

(2 Peter 3:3-4 NKJV)

The Instructor[/b]
Oh, pardon my ass, 18 years off. Well, that makes it ALL better then.

OF COURSE JC would say something like 'you won't know just when I am coming back', that keeps the scam going for however many thousands of years your religion is in power.

2000 years minus 18 from now will make ZERO change in the schedule. Meanwhile, assuming we keep up our scientific civilization, we probably will inhabit a good portion of the galaxy, even at half the speed of light we can have colonies 1000 light years away by then and the word would have been spread just a bit on the thin side don't you think?

It is only the duped ones like yourself that keeps the scam going.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Sep 13

Diversion for the morning. Oxford Math Professor John Lennox comments on Richard Dawkins and Atheism:

John Lennox on A Game Plan for Life