Free Will revisited

Free Will revisited

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 18
2 edits

3min

c

Moves
26 Aug 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4arOKZvuZK4 3min
As the creator of the thread, you should comment first.
Stop being lazy.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Aug 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
As the creator of the thread, you should comment first.
Stop being lazy.
OOps yes I agree. Please forgive me, I'm just excited yo be able to link stuff.

I believe we are free to align our will with the will of the universe. The above vid touches on some of the issues associated with free will

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
27 Aug 18

I believe we are free to align our will with the will of the universe. The above vid touches on some of the issues associated with free will
What is the will of the universe?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Aug 18

Originally posted by @secondson
What is the will of the universe?
It is known as the will of the Lord in Christian terms.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Aug 18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4arOKZvuZK4 3min
If within the scope of our existence there exists a being, any being, which can perceive all past, present, and future events with certainty then there is no free will. Only a false perception of free will would exist to those who cannot perceive past, present, and future events.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
27 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @caissad4
If within the scope of our existence there exists a being, any being, which can perceive all past, present, and future events with certainty then there is no free will. Only a false perception of free will would exist to those who cannot perceive past, present, and future events.
It is a problem to be sure!! However to not have free will would mean that our choices would not really be our own. . To choose to conform our will to the divine is the most constrictive and ego diminishing act one could undertake. However, more than faith, trust in your (higher) self that this the way that has opened the hearts of all who have truly wanted to understand their destinies , their way back home.

Once again I speak form experience but do not expect anyone to take my word for it. All I can say is that those who are motivated by selflessness, who never forget even the smallest piece of truth they themselves have seen , will be shown the way.

No accidents. No coincidences, The universe has planned for us down to the last detail. How could it be otherwise?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Aug 18

[b]It is a problem to be sure!! However to not have free will would mean that our choices would not really be our own. . To choose to conform our will to the divine is the most constrictive and ego diminishing act one could undertake. However, more than faith, trust in your (higher) self that this the way that has opened the hearts of all who have truly wanted to understand their destinies , their way back home.
Simply because a being has knowledge of the past, present and future is, in itself, not necessarily an indication of divinity. Watching a rat make his way thru a maze would seldom make one divine.
From our limited perspective, our choices will always appear (to us) to be choices.

Moves
27 Aug 18
1 edit

You have a choice to poke your eye out with a fork or to not poke your eye out with a fork.

I can predict the choice you will make, but does that mean you are without free will?

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Aug 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
You have a choice to poke your eye out with a fork or to not poke your eye out with a fork.

I can predict the choice you will make, but does that mean you are without free will?
If there exists a being (or many beings) who has knowledge of past, present and future then free will is an illusion. Or perhaps it is a delusion.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Aug 18

Does it mean you have the power of prophecy?

Moves
27 Aug 18
4 edits

Let’s suppose then that not only can I predict accurately, because of my knowledge of you, which decision you will make, but I also know which decision you will make through prophesy. I am not determining your decision I just see which decision you will make.

You are still free to choose.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Aug 18

Let’s suppose then that not only can I predict accurately, because of my knowledge of you, which decision you will make, but I also know which decision you will make through prophesy. I am not determining your decision I just [b]see which decision you will make.

You are still free to choose.[/b]
I have explained this twice already but you do not comprehend my statements.

Moves
27 Aug 18

Originally posted by @caissad4
I have explained this twice already but you do not comprehend my statements.
I understand your statements. You seem to think they are conclusive?

w

Moves
27 Aug 18

I grew up with universe, I was a good friend of universe, and trust me, you are no Mr. Universe.

Got it?