For the Trilobites

For the Trilobites

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

Oh look, the trolls are giving each other happy thumbs. Isn’t that cute?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t think I ever said I “studied” the theory of evolution. I said I looked into the evidence for macroevolution and found (like everyone else) that it’s practically non-existent.

Do you know the difference between “studied” and “looked into?”

And you put “studied” in quotes as though I said it when I very much doubt I did.

In fact, I’d wager you can’t find a single post where I said that.
Sure sure, 'looked into' rather than 'studied'. Maybe if you looked into it a little more deeply you'd have a better idea of what you're talking about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Sure sure, 'looked into' rather than 'studied'. Maybe if you looked into it a little more deeply you'd have a better idea of what you're talking about.
You couldn’t cite any evidence for macroevolution and you apparently looked into it as well 😉

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22
2 edits

@pb1022 said
You couldn’t cite any evidence for macroevolution and you apparently looked into it as well 😉
There are fine sequences of mammalian fossils which cover the last 60 or so million years. How do you explain those without recourse to evolution? Does god just pop up every now and then create new species? Is that what you believe? And he does so by altering a previously existing species just a little?

Here's the Smithsonian page on the evolution of whales again, perhaps you should have a look at it this time:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-did-whales-evolve-73276956/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
There are fine sequences of mammalian fossils which cover the last 60 or so million years. How do you explain those without recourse to evolution? Does god just pop up every now and then create new species? Is that what you believe? And he does so by altering a previously existing species just a little?
<<There are fine sequences of mammalian fossils which cover the last 60 or so million years.>>

Please elaborate.

How many? Where were they found? What makes them transitional fossils?

You gotta go beyond the surface, champ.

And I’m not suggesting you have to answer those questions, but find an article that backs up your opinion.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said

Here's the Smithsonian page on the evolution of whales again, ...[text shortened]... look at it this time:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/how-did-whales-evolve-73276956/
I’ll look at it later today.

I responded to your post before you changed it to include the link.

Thanks

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said
<<There are fine sequences of mammalian fossils which cover the last 60 or so million years.>>

Please elaborate.

How many? Where were they found? What makes them transitional fossils?

You gotta go beyond the surface, champ.

And I’m not suggesting you have to answer those questions, but find an article that backs up your opinion.
You've never even heard of trilobites, so I'm pretty sure you haven't even looked at the surface. You should try reading some actual stuff about evolution and give the creationist websites a miss for a change, chump.

Your repeated demands for "transitional" fossils reveals your almost complete ignorance of the current state of the theory of evolution. Darwin is an important step along the way, but you're a good half-a-century out of date.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
You've never even heard of trilobites, so I'm pretty sure you haven't even looked at the surface. You should try reading some actual stuff about evolution and give the creationist websites a miss for a change, chump.
I don’t read creationist websites, champ.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
I don’t read creationist websites, champ.
That's another obvious lie, chimp.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
That's another obvious lie, chimp.
You’re projecting.

You got caught telling two big whoppers - that you read the Gospels “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist and that you looked “extensively” into the Holy Bible - and now you’re trying to put the stink of dishonesty that’s on you onto someone else.

Not gonna work.

Keep your stink, champ. You earned it. I don’t want it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You’re projecting.

You got caught telling two big whoppers - that you read the Gospels “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist and that you looked “extensively” into the Holy Bible - and now you’re trying to put the stink of dishonesty that’s on you onto someone else.

Not gonna work.

Oh, and I forgot…

You also said you can only tolerate reading the Gospels in small quantities.

So to summarize that enormous whopper from you:

You claimed to have read the Gospels, which you don’t believe and which you can only tolerate in small quantities, “a whole bunch of times” after becoming an atheist.

That is one huge whopper.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
You’re projecting.

Not gonna work.

You may choose to believe that I lied, but you can't demonstrate it. You, conversely, have been proven a liar several times over the past couple of weeks. I daresay you interpret the bible so it allows you to lie, eh chump? Maybe you just 'looked into' the commandments? Lol.

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
You may choose to believe that I lied, but you can't demonstrate it. You, conversely, have been proven a liar several times over the past couple of weeks. I daresay you interpret the bible so it allows you to lie, eh chump? Maybe you just 'looked into' the commandments? Lol.
He did this to me for months on end, refusing to believe an atheist would do a degree in Theology. Best not to feed the troll.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He did this to me for months on end, refusing to believe an atheist would do a degree in Theology. Best not to feed the troll.
He's not even a very good troll, just risible now.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@avalanchethecat said
Like I said: Keep your stink of dishonesty. Don’t try to pass it off to someone else.

You earned that stink of dishonesty with that huge whopper of you reading texts you find false and objectionable “a whole bunch of times.”

That is one huge whopper 😂