1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:10
    @fmf said
    Thanks. I am not sure the poster of the thread's OP is going to buy into what you are saying. Clearly, I have to.
    It pertains to the tightrope we walk that tolerant pluralistic people tolerate intolerant monistic people, but they don't tolerate us and would exterminate us if they had the power.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:12
    @moonbus said
    It pertains to the tightrope we walk that tolerant pluralistic people tolerate intolerant monistic people, but they don't tolerate us and would exterminate us if they had the power.
    sonship has stated, several times, that it would be better to be dead than to be an atheist like me.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:162 edits
    @fmf said
    sonship has stated, several times, that it would be better to be dead than to be an atheist like me.
    Well, what that means is that belief in God is vital to sonship, and he cannot imagine his life without this belief. It's nothing to do with you.

And, yes, I'll take you up on those beers. In some hemisphere or other.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:221 edit
    @moonbus said
    Well, what that means is that belief in God is vital to sonship, and he cannot imagine its not being vital to you. That shows his lack of imagination; it's nothing to do with you.

And, yes, I'll take you up on those beers. In some hemisphere or other.
    I'll put 1200 pounds behind the bar.

Edit: I didn't say that.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 18:26
    @moonbus said
    Well, what that means is that belief in God is vital to sonship, and he cannot imagine its not being vital to you. That shows his lack of imagination; it's nothing to do with you.
    A lack of imagination. An absence of empathy. And a stark I'd-rather-be-dead way of processing the presence of a dissenter.

It adds up to a definite whiff of dehumanization.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 19:05
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I'll put 1200 pounds behind the bar.

Edit: I didn't say that.
    That's ok, I didn't look behind the bar.
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 19:06
    @fmf said
    A lack of imagination. An absence of empathy. And a stark I'd-rather-be-dead way of processing the presence of a dissenter.

It adds up to a definite whiff of dehumanization.
    How people deal with, or fail to deal with, dissent is a litmus test of mental resilience.
  8. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 19:24
    @dj2becker said
    Good to see the atheists are standing up for each other at least.
    Nothing new here. Christians are quite possibly the worst group ever at 'sticking together'.

You lot seem to enjoy telling other Christians that they're doing it wrong, much more than telling off atheists.
  9. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    20 Apr '19 19:34
    @bigdoggproblem said
    Nothing new here. Christians are quite possibly the worst group ever at 'sticking together'.

You lot seem to enjoy telling other Christians that they're doing it wrong, much more than telling off atheists.
    It cracks me up when one sort of Christians accuses some other sort of Christians they're not any sort of Christians at all. Reminds me of the Dr. Seuss story about the sneaches on beaches.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 03:19
    @bigdoggproblem said

And yet Dive accuses all the Christians of not calling each other out enough.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 11:02
    @FMF

After reading some of your persistant rot, I wrote I would rather be dead than to have a mind that thought like yours.

The LAST time I wrote anything about that I modified it. I said I would be willing to have that awful mind of your IF I knew that Jesus would one day shine into my heart.

I said to trade places with anyone would be tolerable if Christ the Savior was coming to me.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 11:07
    @BigDoggProblem

The Gospel of Jesus has penetrated nearly every culture on the earth.
    Every language, people, tribe, tongue, nation, ethnicity on earth virtually has had some response to the message of Jesus.

You don't have a more universally appealing message then the good news of salvation in Jesus Christ.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 11:152 edits
    @FMF

Lying now?
    I process plenty of presence of dissenters.

Incidentally to be unregenerate is to be spiritually DEAD. So if I did think there was no God and THOUGHT I was without sin, chances are I would be unregenerated and therefore would all by physically BE dead.

And you, being dead in your offenses and sins ....

With such a thought process one would very likely be deadened in spirit and conscience - "dead in trespasses and sins".

But I had argued, debated, dialogues with one dissenter or another here for over a decade.

Here comes a question for .. "clarification".
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 11:16
    @sonship said
    After reading some of your persistant rot, I wrote I would rather be dead than to have a mind that thought like yours.

The LAST time I wrote anything about that I modified it.
    You modified it. You said something a bit different on the most recent occasion. Good for you. Did it make you less joyless?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '19 11:581 edit
    @FMF

You modified it. You said something a bit different on the most recent occasion. Good for you. Did it make you less joyless?

It made my elation with His salvation even more increase.
    I could be anyone if Christ came to save me.

However I had too look again at that demented photo representing FMF.
    And a sadness re-occurred that people could love such self distortion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree