Flood evidence?

Flood evidence?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Jun 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Man has several meanings for "kind". But the meaning in Genesis,
which I referred to as the "biblical kind" prevents animals and plants
from reproducing outside of that "biblical kind". Within the "biblical
kind" there ar variants that man sometimes calls "species". But even
if two different species within a "biblical kind" are able to mate,
the spec ...[text shortened]...
that impossible, without His intervention. Does that help you to
understand?
Right, take a population of foxes and split them in two so their genes cannot mix. Come back in a few million years and their DNA will have diverged so much they will be unable to inter-breed. A new 'kind' will have evolved right there.

Agree or not agree, that is the question. If not why not?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Right, take a population of foxes and split them in two so their genes cannot mix. Come back in a few million years and their DNA will have diverged so much they will be unable to inter-breed. A new 'kind' will have evolved right there.

Agree or not agree, that is the question. If not why not?
I haven't got a few million years to test it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Jun 11
1 edit

[b]Pehaps biologist will be able to find out someday.

They have 'found out', you just choose to ignore what they found out because it doesn't fit with your religious beliefs.[/b]
Putting all religious beliefs aside and try using common sense and all the obvious laws that all life follows and you have the answer. But man as usual wants to follow their own theories and thoughts and plans and leave God out of the picture and all you come up with is the silly theories we see today that STILL have no proof no matter how they twist the words around.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Jun 11

In the case of the dogs/canines something has occurred which makes some not able to breed with others and it seems to be a chromosome difference. What and why did this happen? Geographical separation? something? I believe these canines all are related and I guess we can call them a group or kind but what do we attribute this difference to? There is an answer.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

Originally posted by menace71
In the case of the dogs/canines something has occurred which makes some not able to breed with others and it seems to be a chromosome difference. What and why did this happen? Geographical separation? something? I believe these canines all are related and I guess we can call them a group or kind but what do we attribute this difference to? There is an answer.

Manny
I can only say God made it that way.
So, I give up! What is the answer?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Jun 11

I can only say God made it that way.
So, I give up! What is the answer?
We can say God created all things but the scientific answer is not all of the canines can interbreed because of chromosomes and the differences in them. I liken it to trying to use the wrong key to try and unlock something it's close but no cigar. I guess my issue is a lot of creationist/theist/Christians (including myself at times) are unwilling to look at any scientific data or dismiss it if it seems to contradict the bible. Some do so to the point of absurdity. If we are indeed seeking truth science should not make us lose faith.

Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. "Albert Einstein"

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

We can say God created all things but the scientific answer is not all of the canines can interbreed because of chromosomes and the differences in them. I liken it to trying to use the wrong key to try and unlock something it's close but no cigar. I guess my issue is a lot of creationist/theist/Christians (including myself at times) are unwilling to look a ...[text shortened]... ience without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind. "Albert Einstein"

Manny
So true. HalleluYah!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

We must stay alert to these theories masquerading as science,
like evolution, which josephw identified as a strong delusion.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
02 Jun 11

like evolution, which josephw identified as a strong delusion.
Well religious fools once thought the earth was flat!! Religious fools once thought the whole universe revolves around the earth!!

Manny

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Jun 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Putting all religious beliefs aside and try using common sense and all the obvious laws that all life follows and you have the answer. But man as usual wants to follow their own theories and thoughts and plans and leave God out of the picture and all you come up with is the silly theories we see today that STILL have no proof no matter how they twist the words around.
The common sense thing to do would surely be to read some books on evolution. I always find it curious that the most vocal naysayers against evolution on these boards haven't even read a book on the topic between.

Have you ever heard of thesitic evolution?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Jun 11
1 edit

I haven't got a few million years to test it.
That's right, but we can see what would happen by looking at Manny's Canid example. The members of the Canid family that diverged fairly recently, ie. wolfs, dogs, dingoes, coyotes and the golden-jackal can still interbreed. The members of the Canid family which diverged further back in time along the family tree ie. foxes, black-striped jackal et al cannot interbreed with the others.

Cape Town

Moves
02 Jun 11

like evolution,
You can say "the scientists got it wrong", or you can say "science isn't always right", but to say the Theory of Evolution isn't science, only shows your own ignorance of what the word 'science' means. (or you are lying, which is actually more probable).

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

Well religious fools once thought the earth was flat!! Religious fools once thought the whole universe revolves around the earth!!

Manny
It was not just the religious that thought these things. It was
most all of the people at that time. So to just point to the religious
for that belief is not fair. It was not the religious that put forward
the idea of spontaneous generation of life from the ground, which
was believed to be a fact by the scientifically minded at one time.
And there are other ideas believed to be true by scientist that turned
out to be false. But the religous seem to be the ones blamed for all
false beliefs as a way of building up support against religion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

That's right, but we can see what would happen by looking at Manny's Canid example. The members of the Canid family that diverged fairly recently, ie. wolfs, dogs, dingoes, coyotes and the golden-jackal can still interbreed. The members of the Canid family which diverged further back in time along the family tree ie. foxes, black-striped jackal et al cannot interbreed with the others.
So, what does that prove?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
02 Jun 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
You can say "the scientists got it wrong", or you can say "science isn't always right", but to say the Theory of Evolution isn't science, only shows your own ignorance of what the word 'science' means. (or you are lying, which is actually more probable).
I think it is more probable that my ingnorance is due to my retarded
brain, which science has given me by millions or billions of years of
evolution.