Flood evidence?

Flood evidence?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 May 11

Originally posted by twhitehead
But you cannot claim to see results that have something to do with kinds, when you don't know what a kind is.
Buddy I give up. I've said all I can say. There is actually info on the that you can search for yourself on the internet. Go for it and see if you can figure it out.........

Cape Town

Moves
27 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Buddy I give up. I've said all I can say. There is actually info on the that you can search for yourself on the internet. Go for it and see if you can figure it out.........
I am already convinced that you are contradicting yourself over and over and don't really know what you are talking about. Considering that I am not particularly interested in going to look it up on the internet. I would probably find a whole lot of other people as equally confused about it as you are.
I on the other hand did enough biology in school to understand how life really works, not how fundamentalists want it to work in the hope of somehow verifying the validity of their favorite book.
My only concern is that you can't seem to see the circularity of your arguments.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 May 11

I am already convinced that you are contradicting yourself over and over and don't really know what you are talking about. Considering that I am not particularly interested in going to look it up on the internet. I would probably find a whole lot of other people as equally confused about it as you are.
I on the other hand did enough biology in school to ...[text shortened]... vorite book.
My only concern is that you can't seem to see the circularity of your arguments.
Well when we need to know how life REALLY WORKS I'm sure you'll be the one that get's our deepest questions.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 May 11

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand it totally. Also my grammar and mechanics are horrible at times. 😉 I think and I say think that a "KIND" would be for example Canines which I have no answer why certain ones within the "KIND" can't reproduce.
When I get home tonight I will try to research this a bit further. Hybrids however sometimes seem to be a stronger animal like the case of the Mule. Donkey and Horse cross correct? There must be some limiting factor why the hybrids can't reproduce.

BTW was was the OP? LOL

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 May 11

I on the other hand did enough biology in school to ...[text shortened]... vorite book.
Maybe, you went to a school with biased teachers that did not
give you the full truth.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
27 May 11

I know I believed in evolution when I was younger because that is what they taught as fact in public schools here in California. I just don't buy it anymore at least not the picture of the Monkey like creature that eventual walks up right and is man.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 May 11

Originally posted by menace71
I know I believed in evolution when I was younger because that is what they taught as fact in public schools here in California. I just don't buy it anymore at least not the picture of the Monkey like creature that eventual walks up right and is man.

Manny
You know I can easily understand why ones who don't have a biblical backgound when being raised would gravitate to the idea of evolution as it's really the only other option that anyone would have to try and find out the answers to the question of where we came from. It's something we all want to know. I know I have a million questions about creation and hope to find out even a small amount of the answers someday.
And it's also in our nature to want to have the answers now and see the proof now but with creation it's just not possible and that's where faith comes in. Faith is a hard one for so many.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
27 May 11
1 edit

I'll be the first to admit I don't understand it totally. Also my grammar and mechanics are horrible at times. 😉 I think and I say think that a "KIND" would be for example Canines which I have no answer why certain ones within the "KIND" can't reproduce.
When I get home tonight I will try to research this a bit further. Hybrids however sometimes seem to ...[text shortened]... miting factor why the hybrids can't reproduce.

BTW was was the OP? LOL

Manny
Yes it is confusing to me too but apparently God has certian stops or rules even within the "Kinds" that the scriptures speak of that we don't understand. Again ones here on the forum are looking for an exact rule or explination but I sure don't have it....

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
27 May 11

Not according to the link ThinkOfOne has furnished us with which is about Lonnie Thompson. He mentions two samples (both from nearly the same place) that are dated about 5000 years. He then mentions another sample that is about 50,000 years old.
Why are you focusing on the one same that is in doubt over the
two samples that are not in doubt? The majority of the evidence
is with the two samples isn't it?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
You know I can easily understand why ones who don't have a biblical backgound when being raised would gravitate to the idea of evolution as it's really the only other option that anyone would have to try and find out the answers to the question of where we came from. It's something we all want to know. I know I have a million questions about creation and ...[text shortened]... n it's just not possible and that's where faith comes in. Faith is a hard one for so many.
My family was Catholic maybe not practicing but my mom diffidently believed in a creator. I also had a evangelical (protestant) Christian living next to me growing up. I always kinda believed in both evolution and a creator when I was young but the biggest crisis came for me at 18 when I became a Christian myself.
These days years later I find myself asking some hard questions and truth should be the ultimate goal even if if not what I want to hear.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 May 11

My family was Catholic maybe not practicing but my mom diffidently believed in a creator. I also had a evangelical (protestant) Christian living next to me growing up. I always kinda believed in both evolution and a creator when I was young but the biggest crisis came for me at 18 when I became a Christian myself.
These days years later I find myself ask ...[text shortened]... questions and truth should be the ultimate goal even if if not what I want to hear.

Manny
If you believe in both evolution and a creator, I suppose God, then
you must have a limited definition of evolution. Would you tell us
what that definition is for evolution that allows for God as the
designer and maker.

Cape Town

Moves
28 May 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Why are you focusing on the one same that is in doubt over the
two samples that are not in doubt? The majority of the evidence
is with the two samples isn't it?
No. The 50,000 year old sample is not 'in doubt'. Its age is not known exactly, but neither is the exact age for the other two samples. Further, the samples do not contradict each other, so there is no need for a vote amoungst the samples.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
28 May 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
If you believe in both evolution and a creator, I suppose God, then
you must have a limited definition of evolution. Would you tell us
what that definition is for evolution that allows for God as the
designer and maker.
I'm realizing that evolution is it's classic sense just does not seem to fit the data we see. However Creationist do use erroneous arguments like that of the fossil record. I've been guilty of this even. Example the transitional species issue. First point fossilization take a special set of conditions so if there are / were transitional species in the fossil record I don't think it would be as plentiful as some argue in the creationist model. My argument against evolution at least in my mind is why would God use such a poor system? If God did use evolution it would not change that he was the creator of it all at least for me. My would say I don't believe in classic evolution as
posed to me in public school back during my teenage years. I just don't believe this all happened by accident I have to believe in a creator "God" for my sanity. Sorry if I did not answer your question. I however will look at evidence in any direction with an open mind. I think creationist are guilty at times to use any argument even when it flies in the face of known science or physics. There are a lot of theories but a big part of science is known.

Manny

Cape Town

Moves
28 May 11

Example the transitional species issue.
The most common error in this regard is the belief in punctuated species on a large scale. In reality every species, is always a transitional species between its past and its future. All life, is always in a state of chance.

I just don't believe this all happened by accident I have to believe in a creator "God" for my sanity.
Would you say the same thing about canyon formation, star formation, and many other processes in nature?
Do you find the results of evolution improbable? If so, you probably don't understand it fully.
If on the other hand, you believe God created it and guided it for other reasons, then I have no argument with that.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 May 11

I'm realizing that evolution is it's classic sense just does not seem to fit the data we see. However Creationist do use erroneous arguments like that of the fossil record. I've been guilty of this even. Example the transitional species issue. First point fossilization take a special set of conditions so if there are / were transitional species in the fossi ...[text shortened]... nce or physics. There are a lot of theories but a big part of science is known.

Manny
True. We, including scientist, don't know the full truth.
Even the Book of Truth, the Holy Bible, does not give us
all the truth, but only what we need. Jesus said the Holy Spirit
would guide us to all truth, as I remember. I did not look up
the reference, but I'm sure it is in the Holy Bible.