Fear

Fear

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Fiery
Eternity
Abhorrent
Righteousness
righteousness is never abhorrent. just sayin

Moves
07 Feb 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
It’s a little tongue in cheek

F

Moves
07 Feb 18

There are people in this community who seem to believe billions of people being permenantly burned in a supernatural furnace for having had the wrong religion - or no religion - while they were on earth is some kind of pinnacle of righteousness, so I think the notion of righteousness can indeed manifest itself in utterly depraved and abhorrent ways.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
It’s a little tongue in cheek
Yep.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @fmf
There are people in this community who seem to believe billions of people being permenantly burned in a supernatural furnace for having had the wrong religion - or no religion - while they were on earth is some kind of pinnacle of righteousness, so I think the notion of righteousness can indeed manifest itself in utterly depraved and abhorrent ways.
the righteous know themselves and have no problem embaressing themselves at times. telling truth cant come back at you.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18
1 edit

the righteous know themselves and have no problem embaressing themselves at times. telling truth cant come back at you.
What's interesting is that many Christians have to create a distorted, highly ideological definition of "righteous" in order to apply some sanctifying KY jelly to the otherwise not-really-disguised groupist misanthropy that they want to insert up us! 😀

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
08 Feb 18
2 edits

What's interesting is that many Christians have to create a distorted, highly ideological definition of "righteous" in order to apply some sanctifying KY jelly to the otherwise not-really-disguised groupist misanthropy that they want to insert up us! 😀
when you live it you know. you know not to judge, just hold a mirror up to the leaches ._.

anyone that tries to compare themselves to jesus is delusional.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Feb 18

Flipflop
Envy
Always
Regrettable.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Feb 18

Again with the furnace. /facepalm

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
08 Feb 18

Get serious.

Ask any Christian. It sure does in this forum, all the time, mainly from people who don't want to hear it.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
Again with the furnace. /facepalm
You should perhaps say this to the Christians who propagate the 'burning' non-believers theology: "Again with the furnace".

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
08 Feb 18

Depraved and abhorrent righteousness? Probably the most skewed oxymoron I've ever heard.

Can't imagine how a mind can twist truth out from that.

F

Moves
08 Feb 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @secondson
Depraved and abhorrent righteousness? Probably the most skewed oxymoron I've ever heard.

Can't imagine how a mind can twist truth out from that.
Whoosh.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
08 Feb 18

Whoosh.
I know what you were trying to say though.

Some, it seems, are unable to reconcile the idea of a loving God with the idea that the same God will cast billions into outer darkness for all eternity.

It's just one of those conundrums that will be resolved in the afterlife, except by those who know now.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
08 Feb 18

Originally posted by @secondson
I know what you were trying to say though.

Some, it seems, are unable to reconcile the idea of a loving God with the idea that the same God will cast billions into outer darkness for all eternity.

It's just one of those conundrums that will be resolved in the afterlife, except by those who know now.
It is not a conundrum. The two are simply incompatible.