Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I see you’re falsely claiming I’m dishonest as well. Is that the new schtik with the trolls? Did y’all have a meeting and settle on that strategy?
Evidently you're also dishonest with yourself.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
Evidently you're also dishonest with yourself.
Sounds like projection on your part, Christ denier. How else could you ignore all the passages and verses in the Bible about Jesus’ divinity, including statements from Jesus Himself.

T

Moves
06 Mar 18

Sounds like projection on your part, Christ denier. How else could you ignore all the passages and verses in the Bible about Jesus’ divinity, including statements from Jesus Himself.
In this respect, it is not unlike the Old Testament in that God informed Jews of the Mosaic law, Jews could not keep it without error, and God allowed Jews to atone for their sins (failure to keep the law) by sacrificing animals.

The fact of the matter is that vicarious atonement was abrogated by God as revealed by the late OT prophets. That you refuse to acknowledge this fact is even more evidence of your dishonesty.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

[b]In this respect, it is not unlike the Old Testament in that God informed Jews of the Mosaic law, Jews could not keep it without error, and God allowed Jews to atone for their sins (failure to keep the law) by sacrificing animals.

The fact of the matter is that vicarious atonement was abrogated by God as revealed by the late OT prophets. That you refuse to acknowledge this fact is even more evidence of your dishonesty.[/b]
Are you able to cite verses to back that up? Because I believe God did away with repeated and what had become perfunctory sacrifice of animals to atone for sins by Jesus Christ’s one-time sacrifice.

The New Testament is pretty clear on what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross and it’s prophesied in the Old Testament as well.

T

Moves
06 Mar 18

Are you able to cite verses to back that up? Because I believe God did away with repeated and what had become perfunctory sacrifice of animals to atone for sins by Jesus Christ’s one-time sacrifice.

The New Testament is pretty clear on what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross and it’s prophesied in the Old Testament as well.

I have. And you've participated on threads where I have. More dishonesty? What a surprise.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

[b]Are you able to cite verses to back that up? Because I believe God did away with repeated and what had become perfunctory sacrifice of animals to atone for sins by Jesus Christ’s one-time sacrifice.

I have. And you've participated on threads where I have. More dishonesty? What a surprise.[/b]
You seem to love accusing me of being dishonest. Sounds like projection as a coping mechanism.

How else could you deny/ignore all the evidence for Jesus Christ’s divinity? You refuse to answer questions about it because your position is untenable.

Sad!

T

Moves
06 Mar 18
2 edits

You seem to love accusing me of being dishonest. Sounds like projection as a coping mechanism.

How else could you deny/ignore all the evidence for Jesus Christ’s divinity? You refuse to answer questions about it because your position is untenable.

Sad!

I don't "ignore all the evidence". I refuted your so-called "evidence" on the "Jesus Identifies Himself As God" thread. It's there for all to see.

I even gave you a chance to make your best case with whatever you might deem as the most definitive passage that Jesus claimed to be God and you refused.

Your dishonesty continues...

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

[b]How else could you deny/ignore all the evidence for Jesus Christ’s divinity? You refuse to answer questions about it because your position is untenable.

I don't "ignore all the evidence". I refuted your so-called "evidence" on the "Jesus Identifies Himself As God" thread. It's there for all to see.

I even gave you a chance to make your best ...[text shortened]... ever you might deem as the most definitive passage that Jesus claimed to be God and you refused.[/b]
That’s hardly all the evidence and you haven’t denied what’s there at all.

But I’m not going to argue about whether you have or haven’t. Anyone who’s interested can read the verses and passages and make up his or her own mind.

As you like to say, let Jesus’ words speak for themselves.

T

Moves
06 Mar 18

That’s hardly all the evidence and you haven’t denied what’s there at all.

But I’m not going to argue about whether you have or haven’t. Anyone who’s interested can read the verses and passages and make up his or her own mind.

As you like to say, let Jesus’ words speak for themselves.
And they'll see that:
<<I even gave you a chance to make your best case with whatever you might deem as the most definitive passage that Jesus claimed to be God and you refused.>>

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

And they'll see that:
<<I even gave you a chance to make your best case with whatever you might deem as the most definitive passage that Jesus claimed to be God and you refused.>>
I know you love to cherry pick, but the passages and verses of Jesus’ own words exist together.

T

Moves
06 Mar 18
1 edit

I know you love to cherry pick, but the passages and verses of Jesus’ own words exist together.
And as you noted in the OP:
<< Some are fairly direct; others are interesting in their ambiguity.>>

As I've already pointed out: even there you acknowledged that at best it is only "fairly direct" and many are ambiguous.

As i'd also already pointed out: with the "son of God" and "one" with God claims don't hold water,

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

And as you noted in the OP:
<< Some are fairly direct; others are interesting in their ambiguity.>>

As I've already pointed out: even there you acknowledged that at best it is only "fairly direct" and many are ambiguous.

As i'd also already pointed out: with the "son of God" and "one" with God claims don't hold water,
I addressed your comments regarding my opening post in the thread you’re referencing.

And, as I said and you have previously said, let Jesus’ words speak for themselves. I’m sure I’ll be posting more verses and passages in that thread in the near future.

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The irony here of course is that I’m not Romans, so you can’t convince me otherwise. This would be equivalent to you admitting that a lot of sane patients leave you convinced that they are mad thanks to you.
The irony is, you don't understand irony.

Whoosh!

Moves
06 Mar 18

Ghost’s patients are more nuts when they leave a session with him than when they arrived
Mocking people with mental health issues now?

Nice.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Mocking people with mental health issues now?

Nice.
No, mocking your abilities as a mental health professional. I have nothing but pity for your patients.