Falsity of the Quaran Bible and Torah

Falsity of the Quaran Bible and Torah

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
25 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Who is "we"? What is it that you think "we" haven't "ever" learnt? Why are you trying to be enigmatic?
Are you saying that you thought I meant you and me when I said "we"? Why would I ask that? That doesn't fit the context whatsoever.

The question is clearly rhetorical. It's a paraphrase of a Pete Seeger lyric. The we refers to society.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
Who is "we"? What is it that you think "we" haven't "ever" learnt? Why are you trying to be enigmatic?
I'm trying to establish how you might feel it appropriate to respond to my rhetorical question "When will we ever learn...?" with "Actually I have absolutely no idea what you consider you have learnt or still need to learn, let alone whether you will 'ever learn' it."

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Errors in false religion.

I have never attributed falsity to Jesus Christ for the man that he truly is - preacher, compassionate, and knowledgeable.

Evidence for my comments can be easily acquired if true spirituality is embraced and the consciousness is raised to the transcendental platform – because with higher knowledge comes the ability to determine ...[text shortened]... have and never will.
However I am very passionate towards false authorities misguiding mankind.
All i can say is that you talk a lot of nonsense. The Veda has no authority and the stuff you believe in is absolute luaghable. You have no evidence that your Veda book and its contents is older and better and perfect!!! Infact you are going on so much about the Bible that you must be the anti-christ!

This is the last warning. Stop your crap talk about the Bible and Jesus Christ and keep up with your own little creapy world.....PHSYCO!!!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 11

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by Nicksten
All i can say is that you talk a lot of nonsense. The Veda has no authority and the stuff you believe in is absolute luaghable. You have no evidence that your Veda book and its contents is older and better and perfect!!! Infact you are going on so much about the Bible that you must be the anti-christ!

This is the last warning. Stop your crap talk about the Bible and Jesus Christ and keep up with your own little creapy world.....PHSYCO!!!
Well, lets examine your holy book then. Lets see, your god assigns a value of 50 shekels to a man, but only 35 to a woman. So you call your god HIM, HE. Can you explain to me what having male genitalia has to do with a god, why would it need them? And then to go on IN WRITING that those with female parts are penalized?

Oh, yeah, another one: EVERYONE is born into sin.

So when does the sinning start? Like at conception? Exactly at birth? Is it in sin while in utero? When the arms first appear? Or is it later, perhaps biting too hard on mommies breast?

Yessir, some insane god you have there. I think I can do without, thank you very much.

And you think DASA is bonkers.....

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Vedas came into existence about 3000 years ago. May be they are more ancient. The Vedic culture that Dasa talks about degenerated, after the Mahabharat wars, into believing in the efficacy of animal sacrifices for propelling one into heaven and suchlike things. Goutam Buddha almost dealt a death blow to the Vedic practices and culture by his system. For ...[text shortened]... s, it is a time tested religion and culture. Young Indians are massively into the Hindu thought.
Vedas are eternal.

Bhagavad Gita was spoken 5000 years ago.

However Bhagavad Gita is eternal also - because it was spoken many times throughout the course of the manifestation of the material cosmos.

5000 years ago was not the first time Bhagavad Gita was spoken.

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Vedas are eternal.

Bhagavad Gita was spoken 5000 years ago.

However Bhagavad Gita is eternal also - because it was spoken many times throughout the course of the manifestation of the material cosmos.

5000 years ago was not the first time Bhagavad Gita was spoken.
How old do you or your holy books think the universe is?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
Don't you think he'll come up with some 5000 year old Vedas that shows the universe to be 13.7 billion years old?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Some facts: i ) India is likely to displace Japan as the 3rd biggest economy in the world in 2011-12 financial year itself i.e.by March 2012 in terms of purchase power parity. ii ) India is the largest producer of milk in the world. iii ) Indian middle class at 800 million is the largest middle class in all democracies. iv ) While corruption is widepread ...[text shortened]... wntrodden backward classes have already become the part of mainstream India. I can go on and on.
I think India also has the atomic bomb, right?

F

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Green Paladin
I'm trying to establish how you might feel it appropriate to respond to my rhetorical question "When will we ever learn...?" with "Actually I have absolutely no idea what you consider you have learnt or still need to learn, let alone whether you will 'ever learn' it."
It's the intimacy and sheer presumption of your "we" that I find odd. I may have learned and know far more than you. Or I may know far less and may be, for all intents and purposes, a member of the lumpen class, for want of a better word. So your "When will we ever learn...?" seems like an extraordinary shot in the dark. 😀

F

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Green Paladin
Are you saying that you thought I meant you and me when I said "we"? Why would I ask that? That doesn't fit the context whatsoever.

The question is clearly rhetorical. It's a paraphrase of a Pete Seeger lyric. The we refers to society.
😴

What "support for ahosyney" were you talking about?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
There we go .. you worship or idolize both the sun and the cow.
The sun is just another big ball of fire and there are countless billions of them all over the universe.
The cow is just another animal meant for human consumption and they are being eaten all over the world. I would also say that I have seen Hinud's give cows better treatment than humans. I ...[text shortened]... If thats the kind of lifestyle of culture which you are propagating then good luck to you ...
It appears to me from reading Genesis that God considered the Sun a
special "big ball of fire" with a special purpose. It almost forgets to
mention that God made the stars also. I suppose you are referring to
some of these stars as "suns". I think you should rethink this idea in
view of what the Holy Bible says.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Well, lets examine your holy book then. Lets see, your god assigns a value of 50 shekels to a man, but only 35 to a woman. So you call your god HIM, HE. Can you explain to me what having male genitalia has to do with a god, why would it need them? And then to go on IN WRITING that those with female parts are penalized?

Oh, yeah, another one: EVERYONE is ...[text shortened]... ve there. I think I can do without, thank you very much.

And you think DASA is bonkers.....
The HOLY BOOK of Christians is both a historical document and a document that provides a standard for living righteously. It depends on the speaker, the context, and mostly which Covenant is involved.

Because several thousand years ago a shekel amount was assigned to "vows" -- and the men were made to pay MORE out of their pocket than the women, has absolutely no bearing or context upon how a Christian should live his/her life.

You are entitled to despise the God of the Bible. I wouldn't expect anything less. But do try to speak thoughtfully and honestly.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
The HOLY BOOK of Christians is both a historical document and a document that provides a standard for living righteously. It depends on the speaker, the context, and mostly which Covenant is involved.

Because several thousand years ago a shekel amount was assigned to "vows" -- and the men were made to pay MORE out of their pocket than the women, has abso ...[text shortened]... the Bible. I wouldn't expect anything less. But do try to speak thoughtfully and honestly.
I doubt if there is an honest bone in his body.

P.S. Just joking. Ha, Ha, He, He, Haw!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by googlefudge
This particular cosmic manifestation is 160 trillion years old.

How ever this particular universe as observed at present is not.

But since it was manifested it has suffered partial annihilations and consequent re-creations.

Pin-pointing the age of this universe is elusive because what reference point shall we use.............the beginning of Brahma's life or the beginning of his new day - or from the last partial annihilation of this universes or ...... so you can see that one may arrive at different figures determined by the reference point used.

I would not worry to much about this - because it is far more important to understand how to get relief from our suffering condition permanently - and this is what we should be discussing.

You may use these figures to understand the age of the universe but again I say what reference point shall we use.

This cyclical time of the Puranas operates only within the material cosmos. Beyond the material cosmos lies the spiritual sky, or brahmajyoti. Innumerable spiritual planets float in this spiritual sky, where material time, in the form of yuga cycles, does not act.

Each yuga cycle is composed of 4 yugas. The first, the Satya-yuga lasts 4800 years of the demigods. The second, the Treta-yuga, lasts 3600 years of the demigods. The third, the Dvapara-yuga, lasts 2400 years of the demigods. And the fourth, Kali-yuga, lasts 1200 years of the demigods (Bhagavata Purana 3.11.19). Since the demigod year is equivalent to 360 earth years (Bhaktivedanta Swami 1973, p. 102), the lengths of the yugas in earth years are, according to standard Vaishnava commentaries, 432,000 years for the Kali-yuga, 864,000 years for the Dvapara-yuga, 1,296,000 years for the Treta-yuga, and 1,728,000 years for the Satya-yuga. This gives a total of 4,320,000 years for the entire yuga cycle. One thousand of such cycles, lasting 4,320,000,000 years, comprises one day of Brahma, the demigod who governs this universe. A day of Brahma is also called a kalpa. Each of Brahma's nights lasts a similar period of time. Life is only manifest on earth during the day of Brahma. With the onset of Brahma's night, the entire universe is devastated and plunged into darkness. When another day of Brahma begins, life again becomes manifest.

Each day of Brahma is divided into 14 manvatara periods, each one lasting 71 yuga cycles. Preceding the first and following each manvatara period is a juncture (sandhya) the length of a Satya-yuga (1,728,000) years. Typically, each manvantara period ends with a partial devastation. According to Puranic accounts, we are now in the twenty-eight yuga cycle of the seventh manvatara period of the present day of Brahma. This would give the inhabited earth an age of 2.3 billion years. Interestingly enough, the oldest undisputed organisms recognised by palaeontologists - algae fossils such as those from the Gunflint formation in Canada - are just about that old (Stewart 1983, p. 30). Altogether, 524 yuga cycles have elapsed since this day of Brahma began. Each yuga cycle involves a progression from a golden age of peace and spiritual progress to a final age of violence and spiritual degradation. At the end of each Kali-yuga, the earth is practically depopulated.