16 Jan '22 16:39
    @fmf said
    Gosh.
    Gee.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 16:58
    @josephw said
    I wouldn't be surprised to one day hear Rajk say he's the reincarnation of Jesus.

After all some think they're becoming God. Rajk appears to think he already is.
    Is that what your church preaches... when you quote Christ you think you are God and judging people.

It is no wonder your church doctrine is so much rubbish
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 17:28
    @josephw said
    Not interesting how you quote scripture at Christians as an accusation.
    Why you gotta hate on a popular Christian pastime?! 😖
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 17:301 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Is that what your church preaches... when you quote Christ you think you are God and judging people.

It is no wonder your church doctrine is so much rubbish
    I didn't say that.

Apparently you can't follow a simple conversation without scrambling up what was said. You seem only capable of twisting everything to fit you bigoted bias.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 19:57
    @kellyjay said
    Matthew 15:19
    For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander.

Truth matters, and running each other down isn't helpful.

Ephesians 4:32
    Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Romans 11:22
    Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward ...[text shortened]... but God's kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off.
    Great post. Let's see if it works.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 21:18
    @galveston75 said
    Great post. Let's see if it works.
    Today, I had someone point out that Judas spent time with Jesus, who washed his feet and saw on the things Jesus did, and still, Judas betrayed Him. When we know what is right and still do wrong, we need more than our will to change; we need the Savior.
  7. Standard memberFilthyHerman
    Lover of Great Apes
    Brasov Zoo
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 21:38

Removed by poster

8. Standard memberFilthyHerman
    Lover of Great Apes
    Brasov Zoo
    Moves
    16 Jan '22 21:39
    Sometimes I post and then reading through decide it’s a bit unfair, sorry.
  9. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 00:28
    @kellyjay said
    Today, I had someone point out that Judas spent time with Jesus, who washed his feet and saw on the things Jesus did, and still, Judas betrayed Him. When we know what is right and still do wrong, we need more than our will to change; we need the Savior.
    It's complicated. I wonder what Messianic Jews might say about the story of Judas, assuming they turn things over the way other Jews do, to reveal nuances and countervalences.

E.g., if Judas had not betrayed Jesus, would Jesus have been crucified?

If not Judas, then who, and would they also have had free will? Did Judas?

Could this be a parallel to the omnicient G*d setting a trap in the Garden of Eden that He must have known Adam and Eve would fall for?

Maybe a way out of this could be to think that G*d, instead of intentionally and knowingly making us spiritually malformed, made us just as we are, but basic or with a starter kit, with an option to upgrade.

In the Christian framework I think we should be willing to forgive G*d as soon as He offers an apology.

What if G*d turns out to be not as perfect as we little pipsqueaks of Earth imagine Him to be with our abstract pipsqueak mentations?

What if G*d also needs some forgiveness and understanding?
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 01:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    It's complicated. I wonder what Messianic Jews might say about the story of Judas, assuming they turn things over the way other Jews do, to reveal nuances and countervalences.

E.g., if Judas had not betrayed Jesus, would Jesus have been crucified?

If not Judas, then who, and would they also have had free will? Did Judas?

Could this be a parallel to the omnicient ...[text shortened]... th our abstract pipsqueak mentations?

What if G*d also needs some forgiveness and understanding?
    I don't think it is complicated; you don't complain when water turns to ice when it gets cold, do you, or when it boils when it is hot. So people who can choose, make choices, end up making bad ones; it is still people making choices, sometimes with no opposition, sometimes in the face of significant opposition, sometimes with nothing there but their greed, sometimes they are enticed to make them. I don't think you grasp God foretelling it, had something else happened, He would have foretold the other thing; knowing how an event will occur and making it occur is not the same thing.
  11. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 01:142 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I don't think it is complicated; you don't complain when water turns to ice when it gets cold, do you, or when it boils when it is hot. So people who can choose, make choices, end up making bad ones; it is still people making choices, sometimes with no opposition, sometimes in the face of significant opposition, sometimes with nothing there but their greed, sometimes they ar ...[text shortened]... foretold the other thing; knowing how an event will occur and making it occur is not the same thing.
    I don't think it's complicated either. I do believe in some kind of cosmic intelligence, but am agnostic about the details. I think the religious myths of Earth are necessarily just parochial surmises of the sprouting crusties until we get to compare notes with other intelligent species beyond Earth -- and even then, whatever we might agree upon might still be at some remove from the Ultimate Truth. 😉
  12. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 02:24
    The Trammps - Burn Baby Burn (Disco Inferno)

YouTube
  13. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 02:31

Removed by poster

14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 03:00
    @kevin-eleven said
    I don't think it's complicated either. I do believe in some kind of cosmic intelligence, but am agnostic about the details. I think the religious myths of Earth are necessarily just parochial surmises of the sprouting crusties until we get to compare notes with other intelligent species beyond Earth -- and even then, whatever we might agree upon might still be at some remove from the Ultimate Truth. 😉
    Yes, depending on if God is hands-off, that sounds reasonable, if however, God is not hands-off, it could not be the best route to take. If you accept everything we find in the universe is part of God's creation, what do we see concerning us? We are social beings, reason, and have conscious, moral ideas. We live in a highly complex universe that is put together with exacting detail; from the incredibly large cosmic to the microscopic, all are governed in such a way that we can make predictions. There is beauty, love, kindness, grace, fellowship. We have coffee, I mean coffee, we have coffee and very nice tasty food, not to mention coffee.

Have you watched one of your children being born, it is mindblowing watching them take that first breath. The details make me think no way is God hands-off, and when you look at scripture, how God entered into humanity that is utterly debunked if you acknowledge what the scriptures say about Jesus.
  15. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    17 Jan '22 03:143 edits

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree