Faith transcends logic

Faith transcends logic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
318d

@suzianne said
We all decide for ourselves what is and isn't worthy.

None can do that for another.
Yes, and like every choice we make there are consequences.

F

Moves
318d

@kellyjay said
What are the "consequences" of not sharing your beliefs?

F

Moves
318d

@kellyjay said
As it stands you put yourself as the higher power above all of them, the great decider of what is and isn't worthy.
I don't see how moonbus is putting himself "as the higher power above" anything or how the fact that he does not share your particular religious beliefs makes him "the great decider". It sounds like a kind of feeble religionist trash talk. Aren't you just projecting these things onto him because what you are proposing to him is not convincing. For whose consumption is it? Other Christians?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
316d

@kellyjay said
Often one endures consequences of the actions of others.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
316d

@suzianne said
👍

Über-Nerd

Moves
316d

@suzianne said
Isn’t that what makes evil evil: the innocent are made to suffer for things they didn’t do.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
315d
1 edit

@moonbus said
Isn’t that what makes evil evil: the innocent are made to suffer for things they didn’t do.
Evil is the abuse of good and truth, the greater the good, the greater the evil. Since everyone is a singularly divinely created individual, abusing any of them is evil. Mistreating any of them for our viewing pleasures turns them into objects for our pleasures or mistreat them for our other appetites we do them harm. Robbing them of dignity, property, harming them by verbal assaults, we do these things like we breathe air or drink water. Hate justifies these things, being apathetic towards them allows these things, but actually loving others even those we consider our enemies stop it.

Moves
315d

@kellyjay said
Evil is the abuse of good and truth, the greater the good, the greater the evil. Since everyone is a singularly divinely created individual, abusing any of them is evil. Mistreating any of them for our viewing pleasures turns them into objects for our pleasures or mistreat them for our other appetites we do them harm. Robbing them of dignity, property, harming them by ver ...[text shortened]... rds them allows these things, but actually loving others even those we consider our enemies stop it.
Do you think this is news to moonbus, or to any of us for that matter?

Moves
315d
1 edit

@suzianne said
Kellyjay was talking about the consequences of not believing in his version of Jesus, I.e. having Jesus oversee your burning alive in hell for eternity.

In saying what you’ve said here are you referring to “others” as being his version of Jesus dishing out the consequences of not believing in him?

I ask because he’s given you a BIG thumbs up in his subsequent post. I’m not sure either of you know what the other is referring to.

Über-Nerd

Moves
314d

@kellyjay said
Evil is the abuse of good and truth, the greater the good, the greater the evil. Since everyone is a singularly divinely created individual, abusing any of them is evil. Mistreating any of them for our viewing pleasures turns them into objects for our pleasures or mistreat them for our other appetites we do them harm. Robbing them of dignity, property, harming them by ver ...[text shortened]... rds them allows these things, but actually loving others even those we consider our enemies stop it.

@Divegeester: Do you think this is news to moonbus, or to any of us for that matter?

I'm waiting for him to remind us that no one is innocent, everyone is evil ... It's straight out of Augustine, you know. Augustine claimed that the apparent innocence of infants is not that they have innocent motives; infants have all the same evil motive adults have, but they lack the physical capability to execute them. Verily, verily, Augustine's tiny fragment of a mirror was cracked and scorched, so everything he saw reflected in it was dark and fragmentary. Sound like anyone we know here at RHP?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
314d

@moonbus said
[b]
@kellyjay said
Evil is the abuse of good and truth, the greater the good, the greater the evil. Since everyone is a singularly divinely created individual, abusing any of them is evil. Mistreating any of them for our viewing pleasures turns them into objects for our pleasures or mistreat them for our other appetites we do them harm. Robbing them of dignity, property, h ...[text shortened]... o everything he saw reflected in it was dark and fragmentary. Sound like anyone we know here at RHP?
Do you claim everyone is good? Maybe only some are good, which ones, how do you tell them apart?

Moves
314d
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Do you claim everyone is good? Maybe only some are good, which ones, how do you tell them apart?
Facta, non verba; KellyJay.

As Jesus said “you shall know them by their fruits”

Not their beliefs and especially not by their words stating their beliefs.

Über-Nerd

Moves
314d

@kellyjay said
I think most people most of the time are mostly decent. If they weren't, we wouldn't be here; if people were basically evil ("by nature", as the doctrine of original sin claims), we'd have extincted ourselves millions of years ago, our species would have died with Lucy in Olduvai Gorge.

Some people are a-social or even anti-social, there's no denying that, but they're a minority. Some people are under-evolved for civilisation, that's true; they're not outright criminal, but they can't usefully contribute to the common weal, they're just a burden on society; they too are a minority.

How do I tell the under-evolved and a-social and anti-social ones from the decent ones? By their behavior. By how they treat other people.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
314d

@moonbus said
I think most people most of the time are mostly decent. If they weren't, we wouldn't be here; if people were basically evil ("by nature", as the doctrine of original sin claims), we'd have extincted ourselves millions of years ago, our species would have died with Lucy in Olduvai Gorge.

Some people are a-social or even anti-social, there's no denying that, but they're a mi ...[text shortened]... social and anti-social ones from the decent ones? By their behavior. By how they treat other people.
Decent, or nice, doesn't answer my question? Even serial killers can be both of those things to most, but that doesn't alter the evil done by them.

F

Moves
314d

@kellyjay said
Decent, or nice, doesn't answer my question? Even serial killers can be both of those things to most, but that doesn't alter the evil done by them.
Have you done anything "evil" today? I haven't.