F.O.E.D.O.E.

F.O.E.D.O.E.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i don't think it was that big a deal, my comment simply pointed out that you would get better results asking it to people who have actually been told they have a short time left.
The result desired from a hypothetical question is responses from people for whom the hypothetical situation is hypothetical. Asking people who have actually been told they have a short time left is not really posing a hypothetical question. If you want to pose it as a real question to people who have actually been told they really only have a short time left, then why not start a thread about it? 🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
07 Dec 11

So FMF, you start a thread with the intention of getting people to contribute and discuss your topic and yet you see it fit to berate everyone who tries to participate. You are a weirdo.

F

Moves
07 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
So FMF, you start a thread with the intention of getting people to contribute and discuss your topic and yet you see it fit to berate everyone who tries to participate. You are a weirdo.
I hardly think people berating each other on an RHP forum is a sign of being a weirdo? You do a fair bit of berating yourself, I note.

I haven't berated anyone on this thread who was entering into the spirit of the topic, which is a hypothetical question.

I don't think the VoidSpirit type of post is 'participation' in keeping with the spirit of the OP.

My questions to you were genuine and not in any way intended to "berate" you. Why did you think they were?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
To my way of thinking, living each day as if it was your last is far removed from living life to the full.
Why?

What is living life to the full according to you?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
You are a parent?
Yes.
And a very proud one at that

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
He's trying to hold back, give him a chance 🙂

F

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Why?

What is living life to the full according to you?
Building things. Working towards objectives. Living each day as if it's one's last and not planning for the future doesn't work, to my way of thinking.

F

Moves
07 Dec 11

Yes.
And a very proud one at that
The philosophy you expressed seems to me to be one you should have dropped as soon as you brought children into this world. At least as I see it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Building things. Working towards objectives. Living each day as if it's one's last and not planning for the future doesn't work, to my way of thinking.
Not everyone is the same.
Having said that I would not advocate people interfering with other's good works.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
The philosophy you expressed seems to me to be one you should have dropped as soon as you brought children into this world. At least as I see it.
I see your point of view.

I guess I have the luxury of living in a country where no one will starve (unless they are totally clueless or braindead).

I have the luxury of exploring different things in my life and not just "saving my nuts for the winter"

I admit that I am probably one of a few in that situation.

I feel my kids will be fine as long as they are well educated.

F

Moves
07 Dec 11

Not everyone is the same.
Having said that I would not advocate people interfering with other's good works.
Yes. That's why I explained to you how I am different. Do you feel I am "interfering" with you?

F

Moves
07 Dec 11

I guess I have the luxury of living in a country where no one will starve (unless they are totally clueless or braindead).
So your philosophy is that you live life as if it's your last and your kids will be OK because you have the luxury of living in a country where no one will starve?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
Yes. That's why I explained to you how I am different. Do you feel I am "interfering" with you?
No. I dont see why you even asked that question.

F

Moves
07 Dec 11

No. I dont see why you even asked that question.
So you just want to state things in public and don't want to discuss them? Surely not.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
07 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
So your philosophy is that you live life as if it's your last and your kids will be OK because you have the luxury of living in a country where no one will starve?
It's part of it.

I am doing things that most people dont do.
I dont advocate my lifestyle to anyone, not even to my kids.

I guess I'm just sick of materialism. Too many people focussed on maintaining the physical. Not enough people trying to figure out what makes them tick in the first place.