Exodus 25:17 and Graven Images

Exodus 25:17 and Graven Images

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Not even the right angles?
What about a cute one?
Lol. Sorry bout that!!!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol. Sorry bout that!!!
Thes wise guy atheist will never learn. They try to make a joke of their own damnation. But they are without excuse.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
Thes wise guy atheist will never learn. They try to make a joke of their own damnation. But they are without excuse.
I'm thinking the joke is more about G-man's spelling error than it is about his own "damnation".

Lighten up, man. You gotta know when to unclench a little.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
14 Aug 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm thinking the joke is more about G-man's spelling error than it is about his own "damnation".

Lighten up, man. You gotta know when to unclench a little.
You seem to have a hard time understanding me. Do you really think I did not see the spelling error? I could have joked about it too. However, g-man had a more important point to present than to make jokes to distract from it.

j

Moves
20 Aug 12
8 edits

The book of First Samuel pretty much makes the point that the Ark of the Covenant, while created through the instructions of God, could not be used as an idol to replace God (1 Sam. 4:1-7:2)

If the people of Israel's hearts were not calibrated towards God, possessing the Ark and taking it into battle for victory was useless. It was tried with great fanfare and tumultuous noise. But they were trounced by the enemy soundly and the Ark was captured. This was a major lesson in the progressive and ongoing revelation of God's nature.

Also the Bronze Serpent that Moses lifted up in the book of Numbers that the snake poisoned people could be healed(Num. 21:4-9), latter became an idol of superstition. So a wise king Hezekiah burnt it to ashes (2 Kings 18:4)

These two accounts solidify that objects instructed by God to be made could not replace God Himself to be worshipped.