Ex JWs are mentaly diseased ...?

Ex JWs are mentaly diseased ...?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I live 10 minutes walk from a Kingdom Hall, in the (almost) 2 years i have lived here no JW has ever knocked on my door. One once sneaked up and slid a leaflet onto my porch, i was in and the door was open but he didn't say hello. A few weeks ago i had two non-denominational Christians knock on my door for a chat.
I live within 5 miles of 2 Kingdom Halls; it's been 10 years since either has called on my door.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by divegeester
No... let's focus on my OP which is about your organisation ostracising and "shunning" people just for leaving it, and calling them "mentally diseased". You however are making it even worse by equating that freedom of personal choice, to someone murdering your spouse which is in itself a disturbing revelation of your own mindset Galveston, not to mention the governing body of your cult organisation.
Surely these kind of control methods qualify the JWs as a cult rather than a Christian denomination.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
29 Apr 12

I live within 5 miles of 2 Kingdom Halls; it's been 10 years since either has called on my door.
Perhaps they know you are an apostate?! 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
29 Apr 12

Perhaps they know you are an apostate?! 🙂
Bingo....Lol

Moves
29 Apr 12

No... let's focus on my OP which is about your organisation ostracising and "shunning" people just for leaving it, and calling them "mentally diseased". You however are making it even worse by equating that freedom of personal choice, to someone murdering your spouse which is in itself a disturbing revelation of your own mindset Galveston, not to mention the governing body of your cult organisation.
Feel free to comment on this post Galveston...

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Bingo....Lol
I think you're missing his point.

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
Surely these kind of control methods qualify the JWs as a cult rather than a Christian denomination.
Is that what you think?

Moves
29 Apr 12

Elim and Assemblies of God. Check it out, and thanks for calling me a liar!
Any news on your research Galveston...??

Moves
29 Apr 12

Watchtower July 2011
"Suppose that a doctor told you to avoid contact with someone who is infected with a contagious, deadly disease, you would know what the doctor means, and you would strictly heed his warning. Well, apostates are 'mentally diseased', and they seek to infect others with their disloyal teachings."

I am wondering if our regula ...[text shortened]... ent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/war-of-words-breaks-out-among-jehovahs-witnesses-2361448.html
It can be argued that we are all mentally diseased. But I refuse to argue the point. 😉

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by JS357
It can be argued that we are all mentally diseased. But I refuse to argue the point. 😉
I don't see how that could be argued, but I'm open to your views.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
29 Apr 12

I live 10 minutes walk from a Kingdom Hall, in the (almost) 2 years i have lived here no JW has ever knocked on my door. One once sneaked up and slid a leaflet onto my porch, i was in and the door was open but he didn't say hello. A few weeks ago i had two non-denominational Christians knock on my door for a chat.
Funny, they gave me the leaflet treatment, too. Too afraid to ring doorbells anymore?!

rc

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Funny, they gave me the leaflet treatment, too. Too afraid to ring doorbells anymore?!
not so, we had to reach as many people as possible with invitations to the memorial of
Christ's death, have you ever considered that you might not be worthy? After all, the
preaching and teaching of the good news is under angelic direction 🙂

(Revelation 14:6)  And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting
good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, . . .

rc

Moves
29 Apr 12
2 edits

Originally posted by kevcvs57
perhaps if you addressed any of the Biblical principles that the Gman posted you would
not have uttered such a thoroughly ignorant statement. Clearly the charity
commission of the United Kingdom doesn't agree with your assessment but then again,
they are only professionals with years of experience.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
not so, we had to reach as many people as possible with invitations to the memorial of
Christ's death, have you ever considered that you might not be worthy? After all, the
preaching and teaching of the good news is under angelic direction 🙂

(Revelation 14:6)  And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting
good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, . . .
You'd think the angel could have told them not to waste a flyer on my house if I was unworthy. 🙂

rc

Moves
29 Apr 12

Originally posted by JS357
Actually the scriptures term such individuals as mentally diseased,

(1 Timothy 6:2-5) . . .Keep on teaching these things and giving these exhortations.
 If any man teaches other doctrine and does not assent to healthful words, those of
our Lord Jesus Christ, nor to the teaching that accords with godly devotion,  he is
puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased
over questionings and debates about words
. From these things spring envy,
strife, abusive speeches, wicked suspicions,  violent disputes about trifles on the
part of men corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth, thinking that godly
devotion is a means of gain.

In what sense they are mentally diseased i cannot say without some research, it
sounds though as a kind of self delusion, later termed, corrupted in mind.