Euthanasia

Euthanasia

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Dec 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
GrampyBobby will present the case for Euthanasia.
Over to you GB.
wolfgang, as a believer in Christ who has been taught the scriptures from the original languages by four pastor/teachers since my youth, I know with certainty that my life and times are squarely in God's Omnipotent Hands. Nothing will take me home [including near death paralysis in December 2010] to be with Him, Evelyn, my Christian parents and friends who have already departed this life until His appointed time [unless I were to superimpose my will over His by committing suicide].
By application, nothing will keep me here one nano second longer once His plan and purpose for my life is fulfilled. -Bob

F

Moves
05 Dec 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
wolfgang, as a believer in Christ who has been taught the scriptures from the original languages by four pastor/teachers since my youth, I know with certainty that my life and times are squarely in God's Omnipotent Hands. Nothing will take me home [including near death paralysis in December 2010] to be with Him, Evelyn, my Christian parents and f ...[text shortened]... ill keep me here one nano second longer once His plan and purpose for my life is fulfilled. -Bob
What did it mean then when you said you'd "rather die" than make a mistake over interpretation of the Bible? Do you believe it would be God's will that you would die for an error of this kind? Or would the fact that YOU would rather die be an issue of your will rather than God's will?

Cape Town

Moves
05 Dec 14

Originally posted by divegeester
You're missing his point. Eg Religious extremists are more likely to feel happy about dying as they are going to paradise.
I disagree. Anyone who genuinely believes in an afterlife should have few reservations if they believe that afterlife will be a good one. Why does one need to be called an 'extremist' just because they believe in heaven?
Are you not going to paradise, or are you an extremist to?

Z

Moves
05 Dec 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
It's just yet another slam on GB for no reason.
it's also another instance where you jump to conclusions without having sufficient data.

which i asked for in the post you quoted.

Z

Moves
05 Dec 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
I am pro euthanasia providing there are enough safeguards.

I would imagine that anyone positive about their eternal life next to Jesus
can't wait to get there so they will also be very much in favour. (?)
a devoted christian, without bending the rules, cannot be for euthanasia.

it is a sin to commit suicide and it would be a sin to have someone else murder you (and as far as christianity is concerned, it would be murder).

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Dec 14

Originally posted by FMF
I've been contributing to this forum for years and a can scarcely remember anyone making any jokes about people suffering in pain with horrible diseases. What is the basis for such a claim?
Yes, you've been contributing, but have you been listening?

Just go back to the OP FMF.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Dec 14

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you believe that someone who goes through euthanasia will go to hell?
That question really has little to do with the topic, which in itself is dubious, but I'll try to give you an answer you'll be satisfied with.

Only the saved go to heaven. All others don't. Either way it doesn't matter how one dies.

F

Moves
06 Dec 14

Originally posted by josephw

Can you substantiate your sweeping statement about this forum and the people who contribute to it? I don't think you can.

F

Moves
06 Dec 14

Bump for josephw.

F

Moves
06 Dec 14

What I think is that this forum is just a playground for atheists such as yourself, and maybe a deist too, where you can make jokes about euthanasia and suicide in an attempt to demoralize Christians at the expense of those who are actually suffering in pain with horrible diseases.
Presumably the "deist" you referred to was me. Show me even just one example in the last five years when I made "jokes about euthanasia or suicide in an attempt to demoralize Christians". Give me a list of even just a few of the "atheists" you mentioned who you contend make "jokes about euthanasia or suicide [...] at the expense of those who are actually suffering in pain with horrible diseases". Why not just name some names? I don't think you can.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Dec 14

Wasting your time, Joe. None are so blind and deaf as those who have made a premeditated decision not see or hear.

F

Moves
06 Dec 14

Wasting your time, Joe. None are so blind and deaf as those who have made a premeditated decision not see or hear.
It would seem it is josephw who is the one who is "so blind and deaf" to fact that there is some onus on him to substantiate his silly accusation. πŸ™‚

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Dec 14

Originally posted by FMF
It would seem it is josephw who is the one who is "so blind and deaf" to fact that there is some onus on him to substantiate his silly accusation. πŸ™‚
As always, the onus shall eventually fall on the proper anus.

F

Moves
06 Dec 14
1 edit

As always, the onus shall eventually fall on the proper anus.
I don't think josephw can substantiate his sweeping statement about this forum and the people who contribute to it. And you don't think he can either. That would be why you are now directing silly comments at me, I suppose. πŸ˜‰

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
06 Dec 14

That question really has little to do with the topic, which in itself is dubious, but I'll try to give you an answer you'll be satisfied with.

Only the saved go to heaven. All others don't. Either way it doesn't matter how one dies.
Thanks for your response; you don't believe suicides go to hell, nor do I btw.

As for you saying my question has "little to do with the topic"; the topic is euthanasia - my question is about euthanasia - the forum is spirituality - hell is a spiritual construct. Christians here have demonstrated some rather extreme beliefs in recent months, so my question is bang on topic.