End–times, one-world religion?

End–times, one-world religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Apr 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Apologies for the sarcasm. (Size 8 in a shoe).

Only spoke of the 'end of times' as it is in the title of the thread and the probability calculation was given in response to the idea that we were now in the 'end of times.' (Which seems unlikely (belief aside) when you consider just how long the planet has been in existence.
The planet has been here how long? I assume you know, not believe, but
know? If you feel you can be wrong on how long it has been here, if you
don't know how it got here, then I'd say your assumptions on how long it
will remain, is on just as solid ground as your beliefs about its beginning
meaning you really don't have clue.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Apr 15

Originally posted by KellyJay
The planet has been here how long? I assume you know, not believe, but
know? If you feel you can be wrong on how long it has been here, if you
don't know how it got here, then I'd say your assumptions on how long it
will remain, is on just as solid ground as your beliefs about its beginning
meaning you really don't have clue.
Why don't you fess up and put your money where your mouth is, so to speak. 🙂

I will categorically say, without hesitation, that there will be no 'chipping' of humans and 'end times' happenning in your lifetime.

Wager?

F

Moves
06 Apr 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob

I will categorically say, without hesitation, that there will be no 'chipping' of humans and 'end times' happenning in your lifetime.

Wager?
Wasn't drummers offering disbelieving wagers to the followers of Christ prophesized in Revelation?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Apr 15

Originally posted by FMF
[b]Christians simply recognize that this world is not there home...

This will then perhaps be the reason why so many of the Christians on this forum seem so bitter, paranoid and impotent, and obsessed with the 'end times' and Revelation's portentous word salad, and are, as a result, seemingly so pessimistic and misanthropic.

...and if they follow Je ...[text shortened]... n Christians on this message board being "subject to the same fates as Jesus and his disciples".
And you are just pleased as punch to portray us so.

Why don't you have some guts for a change and say what you think without hiding behind waffle words like "seem" and "seemingly", which you are only using so that no one (me, most likely) can call you a liar to your weaselly face?

There are no (none, zero, zip, nada) Christians here in this forum who are, as you say, bitter, paranoid, impotent, obsessed with end times and Revelation, pessimistic or misanthropic. On the other hand, it is cowardly people like you who act these ways on this forum. And Revelation is only "word salad" to people like you who are more concerned with shooting down these concepts and hiding your head in the sand and nay-saying anything which threatens to disrupt your little fantasy-land than actually confronting them.

You're only here for the back-slapping kudos you could get for abandoning your beliefs and for the opportunity to attack anyone who stands in the way of you zealously insulting not only those beliefs and those who hold those same beliefs, but even going so far as to scorn their nationality, holding it against them as if that explains why you consistently attempt to condemn them so.

You are a mean-spirited, hate-filled person who should probably keep his scathing invectives to himself rather than infect this forum with your hate, if it's not too late already.

You even pride yourself on your forum warfare abilities, but for me and others this only emphasizes our pity for your apparently pathetically needful condition. You should be looking to God for justification and acceptance, not a bunch of nerds on an internet chess website.

And don't waste your time responding to me. I'm through with you.

Moves
06 Apr 15

An interesting thought or take on it, but I do believe one is coming and he
will be just like everyone thought Jesus should have been instead of who
He was. He will rule, take credit, win, and so on, and he will kill many.
Can I ask what makes you think this person is coming in your lifetime?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
06 Apr 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Can I ask what makes you think this person is coming in your lifetime?
"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." -- Matthew 24:32-33

Moves
06 Apr 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors." -- Matthew 24:32-33
Yes, I understand parables about reading the signs of the times.

Kelly Jay is adamant that there will be a single antichrist and that he will come in his lifetime. He seems reluctant to explain why he believes this.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
06 Apr 15
1 edit

And you are just pleased as punch to portray us so.

Why don't you have some guts for a change and say what you think without hiding behind waffle words like "seem" and "seemingly", which you are only using so that no one (me, most likely) can call you a liar to your weaselly face?

There are no (none, zero, zip, nada) Christians here in this forum who ...[text shortened]... an internet chess website.

And don't waste your time responding to me. I'm through with you.
Taxi!!!

Maybe it's just me, but I get the impression that online discussion forums aren't really the place for you.

F

Moves
06 Apr 15

I think my opinion about ~ and my explicit reasons for my low estimation of ~ the doom-and-gloom Christians on this forum are crystal clear and forthright. If you think I am somehow "lying" about what my opinion is, that's up to you.

F

Moves
06 Apr 15

There are no (none, zero, zip, nada) Christians here in this forum who are, as you say, bitter, paranoid, impotent, obsessed with end times and Revelation, pessimistic or misanthropic. On the other hand, it is cowardly people like you who act these ways on this forum.
Well then, we certainly disagree about the bitter, paranoid, impotent Revelation-obsession thing, which I am fine with. But I don't see how anyone is being "cowardly" on this thread. Everyone is simply trading their opinions.

F

Moves
06 Apr 15

You are a mean-spirited, hate-filled person who should probably keep his scathing invectives to himself rather than infect this forum with your hate, if it's not too late already.
I don't hate anyone on this forum or on any of the forums. It's interesting how you yourself are often criticizing people on this forum for making personal attacks and yet I can't remember anyone saying anything like what you've said above to anyone for a long time.

F

Moves
06 Apr 15

I can't change your mind. You're going to be disagreeable and projecting your own hatred of America onto me no matter what I do.
What "hatred of America" on my part are you referring to?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
06 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob

Wager?
I'm quite sure you believe that, but that is all we are talking about what
each of us believe. Since this topic will play out in front of everyone I don't
think putting up money will be necessary we will all see it.

Besides since none of us are promised tomorrow that'd be fools bet.

Moves
06 Apr 15

I'm quite sure you believe that, but that is all we are talking about what
each of us believe. Since this topic will play out in front of everyone I don't
think putting up money will be necessary we will all see it.

Besides since none of us are promised tomorrow that'd be fools bet.
Out of curiosity,...what makes you think this person is coming in your lifetime?

F

Moves
06 Apr 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Out of curiosity,...what makes you think this person is coming in your lifetime?
Divegeester has asked KellyJay that four or five times but he's refused to answer.