1. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 11:26
    @velns said
    Do Christians and the Bible hold a monopoly of insight on “the end times”?
    No, of cause not.
    I was interested to see there are some similarities though.
    Muslims believe Jesus will return and destroy the false prophet.
    Hindus that their god will descend on a white horse
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 14:581 edit
    @velns said
    Do Christians and the Bible hold a monopoly of insight on “the end times”?
    The "monopoly of insight" is held by God because he is always 100% accurate. Predictively, the Bible, when correctly understood, attested to by historical fact, has never failed or been proven false.

Read the texts containing the terms "last days" and "end of the world" and their surrounding contexts. Also read the many hundreds of prophetic statements throughout the Bible and compare them with actual historical events.

Consider this single prophetic statement by Jesus: "I will come again".

Personally, I'm believing the one that raised himself from the dead.

Amos 9:8-15
    "Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.
    For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.
    All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.
    In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
    That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.
    Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.
    And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
    And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God".

Bet your life on it! We are in the "last days" just before the "end of the world".
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 22:221 edit
    Will the world be destroyed at the "end"? Yes.
    Will earth be destroyed? No...
    What is the difference? What is the meaning of these two words in the Bible?
    Many believe this literal planet will be destroyed when the "end" arrives at Armageddon.
    What would be the purpose in that? What is wrong with this planet for it to be destroyed? The only things wrong with the planet earth are what man has done to damage it with pollution and other things based on greed and with the cruelty to other humans.
    If man were not here to do the terrible things he's done, the planet and all other life forms would be fine.
    So why not get rid of wicked, greedy, evil and non caring humans and the one who is behind all of these things which is Satan?
    So what is the meaning of the word "earth" in the bible? What is the meaning of the word "world" in the bible?
    Which will be destroyed at the "end" at Armageddon?

1 John 2:15-17. "Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him 16 because everything in the world the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world. 17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever".
    Does the planet earth have desires? Does the planet earth do wicked things against Jehovah and mankind? Of course not. But the "world of mankind" has many desires and most are not inline with Jehovah's.

Speaking of the wicked:
    1 John 4: 5 "They originate with the world ( humans ), that is why they speak what originates with the world ( humans )and the world ( humans ) listens to them".
    Is this speaking of the planet? Does the planet listen? Of course not. It is speaking of the world of mankind.

1 John 2:15: "Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him."
    Is this speaking of the planet earth? Of course not. All who appreciate the planet earth would love it as being our home.
    It is speaking of the "world of wicked mankind", wicked humans.

So why would Jehovah destroy his planet that he made for his human children?
    Why would a parent destroy or burn down a beautiful home they had built for their children to live in if the children decided to do bad things with their life's? Probably not. So why would Jehovah destroy this planet?

So..... what about this scripture that most quote that believe the planet earth will literally be destroyed and replaced?
    2 Peter 3:10-13, 10 But Jehovah’s day ( Armageddon )will come as a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar, but the elements being intensely hot will be dissolved, and earth and the works in it will be exposed.
    11 Since all these things are to be dissolved in this way, consider what sort of people you ought to be in holy acts of conduct and deeds of godly devotion, 12 as you await and keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah through which the heavens will be destroyed in flames and the elements will melt in the intense heat! 13 But there are "new heavens and a new earth" that we are awaiting according to his promise, and in these righteousness is to dwell".

So not only a new earth but also a new heaven? So a new literal heaven where all the spirit beings live which would include Jehovah himself, his son Jesus and all the angels will be literally destroyed? Satan and his demons no longer live there as the Bible says they have been confined to the earth for quite a while now and no longer have any influence there in heaven as they once did.
    So what heaven is this scripture speaking of?

"The connection of the “heavens” with ruling power aids in understanding the meaning of the expression “new heavens and a new earth” found at Isaiah 65:17; 66:22 and quoted by the apostle Peter at 2 Peter 3:13. Observing such relationship, M’Clintock and Strong’s Cyclopaedia (1891, Vol. IV, p. 122) comments: “In Isa. lxv, 17, a new heaven and a new earth signify a new government, new kingdom, new people.”
    Even as the “earth” can refer to a society of people (Ps 96:1), so, too, “heavens” can symbolize the superior ruling power or government over such “earth.” it-1 1061

So no need to destroy the literal earth or the literal heavens.
    The bible says this about the literal earth or planet:
    Ecc 1:4 "A generation is going, and a generation is coming,
    But the earth remains forever".
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 22:29
    Welcome back.

That was a long trip to the beach!
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 22:35
    @divegeester said
    Welcome back.

That was a long trip to the beach!
    Great beach!!!!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 22:451 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Great beach!!!!
    I waited in that thread which you ducked out of all of this time. I bumped it an bumped it expecting you to return as promised to reply to points put to you, but each day I was disappointed.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    14 Nov '20 23:40
    @divegeester said
    I waited in that thread which you ducked out of all of this time. I bumped it an bumped it expecting you to return as promised to reply to points put to you, but each day I was disappointed.
    Sorry ol chap! Refresh my memory and I'll take a look and see if I can answer you, but not on this thread.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 00:16
    @galveston75 said
    Sorry ol chap! Refresh my memory and I'll take a look and see if I can answer you, but not on this thread.
    OK, I will take you at your word 😊
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 01:45
    @galveston75 said
    Will the world be destroyed at the "end"? Yes.
    Will earth be destroyed? No...
    What is the difference? What is the meaning of these two words in the Bible?
    Many believe this literal planet will be destroyed when the "end" arrives at Armageddon.
    What would be the purpose in that? What is wrong with this planet for it to be destroyed?
    If the human race gets wiped out, whether people were using the word "planet" or "world" beforehand to refer to their habitat, what does it matter? Death is the end. And if humans become extinct, then so will language.

Come out and insist you are somehow rendered immortal by your adherence to certain religious doctrines by all means, but please don't think that regurgitating dogma that's splitting hairs over vocabulary like "world", "Earth" and "planet" somehow generates evidence substantiating your claims regarding your own supernatural future.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 09:57
    @fmf said
    If the human race gets wiped out, whether people were using the word "planet" or "world" beforehand to refer to their habitat, what does it matter? Death is the end. And if humans become extinct, then so will language.

Come out and insist you are somehow rendered immortal by your adherence to certain religious doctrines by all means, but please don't think that regurgitating ...[text shortened]... lanet" somehow generates evidence substantiating your claims regarding your own supernatural future.
    Quite a bit of mumbo jumbo there which is to be expected. And I have no idea what you are referring to about myself being super natural?
  11. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 10:45
    @fmf said
    Where in Galveston's post did he say the "human race gets wiped out"? Or that "humans become extinct"?

Jesus is coming, and in the finality of this age all those that reject him will be "wiped out" and "become extinct". Then God will create a new heaven and a new earth, and "...in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus"(Eph. 2:7), forever and ever to those that believed.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 11:03
    @secondson said
    all those that reject him will be "wiped out" and "become extinct".
    I dont think you realize that JESUS SAID, that the ones who reject him are the ones who do not listen to, and keep his commandments. The ones who do are the ones who Jesus will welcome into his kingdom and given eternal life.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 12:16
    @rajk999 said
    I dont think you realize that JESUS SAID, that the ones who reject him are the ones who do not listen to, and keep his commandments. The ones who do are the ones who Jesus will welcome into his kingdom and given eternal life.
    But you don’t keep Jesus commandments, doesn’t that worry you?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 13:37
    @divegeester said
    But you don’t keep Jesus commandments, doesn’t that worry you?
    Whether you, or I, or Second Son, keep the commandments is of no consequence to this discussion. We are supposed to objectively discussing the teachings of the bible. Bringing in personalities and personal business is the occupation of the small minded and you keep doing it.

The answer to your question however is no. Your opinion about me does not bother me. That is for you do deal with.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Nov '20 15:57
    @galveston75 said
    Quite a bit of mumbo jumbo there which is to be expected.
    Calling what I typed mumbo jumbo simply means you didn't understand it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree