1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 09:11
    @rajk999 said
    Putting technology aside the world is a far better place than in any previous century.
    I am not saying that the world has been in decline for centuries.
    I am saying it is worse now that it was say, 30 or 40 years ago and especially worse than it was 10 or 15 years ago. Social media has driven much of this decline in my opinion.
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 09:17
    I don't actually think it is the end times myself- but then no one will know the hour will they, it will take us all by surprise. I don't like having any fear in my head about such things, so I wanted to see if anyone else had examples of why it's not- signs that have not happened.

I really appreciate your kind words Rookie, you have a lovely heart.

Dive I think we know more about the depravity in the world- not that there's more of it. Is that what you're saying with the media? Take any example and there is a parallel in the worlds history I'm sure. Though this is maybe the first time we're collectively destroying.

Ghost I like your optimism, I share it mostly.

Rajk, is it optimism or just argumentativeness that has you saying what you say?!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 09:27
    @yo-its-me said
    Dive I think we know more about the depravity in the world- not that there's more of it. Is that what you're saying with the media? Take any example and there is a parallel in the worlds history I'm sure. Though this is maybe the first time we're collectively destroying.
    I’m a realist and a pragmatist yim. Jesus said it is the truth which sets free.

I’m not one for whistling-in-the-dark optimism, pseudo-spiritual hill-top flag waving, and least for all this increasingly worrying theme that as long as technology is progressing then we are too.

In the next few years we will need more patience, more compassion, more community, more neighbourly cohesion, more family love and more tolerance. We will need these things because society is going through a period of self, greed, narcissism and vanity.

But yes these attributes are within us of course and many people want more of them, fighting over them isn’t the way however, it’s akin to two dogs fighting in a flower bed ~ there’s not much left when it’s over.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 09:58
    @yo-its-me said
    I don't actually think it is the end times myself- but then no one will know the hour will they, it will take us all by surprise. I don't like having any fear in my head about such things, so I wanted to see if anyone else had examples of why it's not- signs that have not happened.

I really appreciate your kind words Rookie, you have a lovely heart.

Dive I think we kn ...[text shortened]... hare it mostly.

Rajk, is it optimism or just argumentativeness that has you saying what you say?!
    Im optimistic about the future because it is the end times, Jesus will return at some point . I am not a believer that everyone will immediately realize that things are changing and many would not know what is going on. If you believe in God and in such a thing as the end times then you are likely a Christian. If you are a Christian and you are following what Jesus said to do then you have nothing to fear.

As for who has a lovely heart and you does not in your opinion, is just superficial nonsensical mumbo jumbo. You do not know anything about people via a char forum on the internet. You could be very wrong about people. Let Jesus judge peoples heart.
  5. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 10:21
    @rajk999 said
    Im optimistic about the future because it is the end times, Jesus will return at some point . I am not a believer that everyone will immediately realize that things are changing and many would not know what is going on. If you believe in God and in such a thing as the end times then you are likely a Christian. If you are a Christian and you are following what Jesus said to d ...[text shortened]... a char forum on the internet. You could be very wrong about people. Let Jesus judge peoples heart.
    Wow!! I'm not judging anyone.
    Rookie thought I was anxious and tried to encourage me. That's a lovely hearty thing to do.
    What's up with you?
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 10:29
    @rajk999 said
    Im optimistic about the future because it is the end times,
    You know the end times are horrible, right?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 10:43
    @yo-its-me said
    You know the end times are horrible, right?
    Tell me more. Are you a Christian? Quote the bible.
  8. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 11:32
    @rajk999 said
    You don't know it then?
    Or you don't agree?

Why not?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 13:49
    @yo-its-me said
    You don't know it then?
    Or you don't agree?

Why not?
    I would be happy to discuss what the bible says about this topic End Times, which you started. What I will not get involved with is discussing the 1000s of opinions out there regarding this issue. You started the thread. Tell me what the bible says and we will proceed from there, otherwise have a good day.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 16:07

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 16:37
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Exactly. This is why people get fooled on social media. There are criminals, vultures, pedophiles, predators and all manner of sickos out there posting all kinds of nice sounding words and fooling people.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    03 Nov '20 21:37
    @rajk999 said
    You do not know anything about people via a char forum on the internet. You could be very wrong about people. Let Jesus judge peoples heart.
    Another moment of cognitive dissonance?

You should eat those words. They are out of character for you.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Nov '20 21:33
    @yo-its-me

“This time, like all times, is a good one, if we but know what to do with it.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson.
  14. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 10:28
    @rajk999 said
    Do Christians and the Bible hold a monopoly of insight on “the end times”?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Nov '20 11:19
    @velns said
    Do Christians and the Bible hold a monopoly of insight on “the end times”?
    Apparently, because if you knew what another religion said about the end times you would have said something more substantial.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree