End of the World (Could not resist)

End of the World (Could not resist)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please put your cynicism aside, if you think its debate FMF, then its debate. See how yielding i can be.
You have described debate in your organisation. Were you not supposed to admit that there is debate? Your whole reaction to this is very revealing.

rc

Moves
19 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
If there is a 'for' or 'against' decision to be made then it is a debate. You have described the debates that occur within your organisation and now you are trying to say there is no debate.
please answer the question FMF, when you are choosing a colour for your home, do you debate it with your partner or do you discuss it? I like aquamarine as its peaceful, i like yellow as its vibrant. In each of these instances the prosper is trying to persuade the other, that is what debate is about, persuasion, discussion on the other hand simply involves looking at certain criteria, is aquamarine suited to the décor, for example. Sometimes in the context of looking at a brothers qualifications unanimity must be reached, if there is no unanimous decision, then a decision is not rendered, this process occurs not through debating what the the qualifications are or the brothers ability to meet them, but through discussion. No one is trying to persuade anyone else, they merely state whether they think he qualifies or not and on what basis and a vote is rendered, that is not persuasion as in debate, that is discussion.

rc

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by FMF
You have described debate in your organisation. Were you not supposed to admit that there is debate? Your whole reaction to this is very revealing.
Lol, whatever FMF, if you believe its debate, then to you, its debate. If you find it revealing, then good, perhaps you have learned something.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by FMF
If there is a 'for' or 'against' decision to be made then it is a debate. You have described the debates that occur within your organisation and now you are trying to say there is no debate.
As the "light" of what God wants and expects of us an an organization has gotten clearer over the decades the debates that you are refering to happen less and less. But I'm not aware of even on the local levels in our congregations of any debates or especially a "heated debate" which is what I think you might be referring too, ever happening.
Again as our knowledge of God has become brighter and brighter, the oneness of our beliefs has become stronger and more in agreement just as the scriptures say they should be.

F

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
please answer the question FMF, when you are choosing a colour for your home, do you debate it with your partner or do you discuss it? I like aquamarine as its peaceful, i like yellow as its vibrant. In each of these instances the prosper is trying to persuade the other, that is what debate is about, persuasion, discussion on the other hand simply ...[text shortened]... d on what basis and a vote is rendered, that is not persuasion as in debate, that is discussion.
Did those false or mistaken predictions about the future [I note you object to the word 'prophecies'] made by the early Brothers result from vigorous and open debate or were they developed by way of a top down deliberative system?

rc

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by FMF
Did those false or mistaken predictions about the future [I note you object to the word 'prophecies'] made by the early Brothers result from vigorous and open debate or were they developed by way of a top down deliberative system?
i think i have stated already they were the result of lack of accurate or complete information, or overzealousness. I have no way of know whether any were the result of debate and a top down deliberative system (not sure what that is, although it sounds somewhat dictatorial)

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Which bit?

JW doctrine is set by the Governing Body?

They're unelected?

They're all men?

Or that the 'sheeple' are told not to question doctrine?
Hello?!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Hello?!
Sorry, got distracted. lol.

The part that we can't question.

F

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
The part that we can't question.
So you can question the prevailing doctrine?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by FMF
So you can question the prevailing doctrine?
Sure if one feels they need a better explination or if they absolutly don't agree. Why shouldn't we be able to question anything?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 May 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
Well you could worry about the end of the world, but why? If you believe
that this universe is going to end, because God is making a short work of it
in its current condition, isn't there more to be worried about if you die and
you are not right with God?
Kelly
Agreed 🙂

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 May 11

Originally posted by FMF
So you would report him to "his local elders", then. I see.

So is there a vigorous debate within the organisation? Are there any factions? Are there any vocal dissidents?

galveston75 talked about how the early Brothers were aware of the prophecies but, not having the clear picture yet of how events were to unfold, they misread those prophicies and thought ...[text shortened]... of vigorous and open debate or were they developed by way of a top down deliberative system?
There are some dissidents among them. There is a group of JW's who want to change or repeal the blood transfusion thing.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 May 11

http://www.ajwrb.org

This is a group of dissenters

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
20 May 11

Originally posted by menace71
http://www.ajwrb.org

This is a group of dissenters

Manny
And why shouldn't there be? Aren't there ones from all religions that leave because of not being happy? Aren't all humans able to decide what they like and don't like on any level in life?
No one is forced to be a JW. I never was by any means and none of the kids I grew up were forced.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
20 May 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
And why shouldn't there be? Aren't there ones from all religions that leave because of not being happy? Aren't all humans able to decide what they like and don't like on any level in life?
No one is forced to be a JW. I never was by any means and none of the kids I grew up were forced.
I'm not arguing with you just pointing that there are JW's who don't agree with all of the doctrines of the Watch tower dissenters so to speak.

Manny