Embarrassment to Christians

Embarrassment to Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by CalJust
You keep referring to "these atheists" that you are trying to convince/convert.

Tell me honestly - have any of your attempts thus far yielded any fruit - other than antagonising them further?

Can you measure the success of your approach by the number of conversions?

Isn't the definition of insanity "to keep on doing the same things and expect different results"?

Shouldn't a wise person periodically review his strategy?
That is my goal to antagonize. It is the Holy Spirit that will do the converting
if He believes the person is worthy.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
It looks like you need to know a little more then to catch up with me. However,
I might have an advantage since I have had about 68 years to gather all my
knowledge. So I am much more aware that I know little compared to God.
That is why I accept His word over those with little knowledge.
OK, if that means anything to you - you may be surprised to know that on 26 March I turn 69!

So - whatever you may have thought as an "advantage", is not.

I have been a Christian since 1965, the time of my marriage. And our joint walk has been one of discovery and joy. And learning, lots of learning - which inevitably means that countless times I had to admit that I have been wrong!

However, as far as age is concerned, (since you raised the subject) someone has said that the tragedy of our age is that men get old without getting wise.

I often ponder on that. You might well benefit by doing the same......

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

I've told you on my first reply on page 1 [b]I am! I am!!!

😳
You must be kidding. What kind of Christian are you?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
11 Mar 12

Those are not Christians that try to correct me. Where do you get that idea?
Do you accept that I am a Christian?

I may well be wasting my time, but you invited me in your OP to be frank and honest.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

How about this: In RJH's opinion, anyone that [b]does believe that evolution is a fact is a mental moron.

Sound familiar?

Isn't this playing ping-pong, just like dasa may have said: "The only thing that I can put forward to strengthen support for my point of view is to say that I am RIGHT and you are WRONG!"

😕[/b]
You ain't no Christian. You don't fool me.

rc

Moves
11 Mar 12
2 edits

That is my goal to antagonize. It is the Holy Spirit that will do the converting
antagonise, clearly you have no idea what scripture states, sigh, l'll, produce some for
you, what good it will do, i cannot say, but i remain pessimistic.

(2 Timothy 2:24-25) . . .But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be
gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil,
 instructing with mildness those not favourably disposed. . .

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
11 Mar 12

That it is your goal to antagonize, is visible to all.

However, can you show me any scripture where that strategy is recommended in the Bible?

And you haven't answered my question whether you have had any positive results?

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
11 Mar 12
1 edit

You must be kidding. What kind of Christian are you?
I will assume that this is a genuine, and not a rhetorical, question.

I was born into a Lutheran family, my grandfather being a famous evangelist in Germany.

My dad was killed in WW2 (probably by some of you guys!) and we emigrated to South Africa. Here we joined a Baptist church. As I said earlier, I was converted in the Baptist church when I met my wife in 1965.

Later, we received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit and joined the Assemblies of God.

However, to cut a long story short, the excesses of the pentacostals, and their limited theology lead us to a Contemplative Community here in Pretoria where both my wife and I serve gladly.

Feel free to ask any questions, and I would be quite happy to give you my personal e-mail.

But I have to log out now - getting late here in SA and early to work tomorrow. Will pick this up again if I see any signs of change of attitude......

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
antagonise, clearly you have no idea what scripture states, sigh, l'll, produce some for
you, what good it will do, i cannot say, but i remain pessimistic.

(2 Timothy 2:24-25) . . .But a slave of the Lord does not need to fight, but needs to be
gentle toward all, qualified to teach, keeping himself restrained under evil,
 [b]instructing with mildness those not favourably disposed. . .
[/b]
This is hilarious. A Jehovah's Witness trying to instruct a Christian on being a
Christian. This is not much better than the atheists trying to tell me how a
Christian would act and yet have no understanding of the Holy Bible. Go back
to your Watchtower Bible and worship the Watchtower Society, if they have the
truth. If not, worship God and Him only.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Mar 12
1 edit

No.
Well that is where you are failing. Humans do not play chess like computers, your argument has now fallen apart.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

I will assume that this is a genuine, and not a rhetorical, question.

I was born into a Lutheran family, my grandfather being a famous evangelist in Germany.

My dad was killed in WW2 (probably by some of you guys!) and we emigrated to South Africa. Here we joined a Baptist church. As I said earlier, I was converted in the Baptist church when I met my ...[text shortened]... d early to work tomorrow. Will pick this up again if I see any signs of change of attitude......
So do you believe that there are 3 persons in 1 God?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Well there is where you are failing. Humans do not play chess like computers, your argument has now fallen apart.
Why not, if humans programmed the computers to play chess like humans?

rc

Moves
11 Mar 12
1 edit

This is hilarious. A Jehovah's Witness trying to instruct a Christian on being a
Christian. This is not much better than the atheists trying to tell me how a
Christian would act and yet have no understanding of the Holy Bible. Go back
to your Watchtower Bible and worship the Watchtower Society, if they have the
truth. If not, worship God and Him only.
ummm i didn't write the scripture which is in the Bible, not a watchtower publication,
now you can ignore it like you have done or you can read it and apply it, the choice is
yours, either way i simply wipe the dust from me feet and move on in a figurative
sense knowing that i have tried to help you. Clearly you need someone to help you for
your approach is not working, you have very few friends on the site and the ones that
are willing to help you, you are ostracising because of your obnoxious nature, oh well.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Mar 12
1 edit

Why not, if humans programmed the computers to play chess like humans?
Can a human analyse a chess position to 0.01 of a pawn 20 moves deep?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Mar 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
ummm i didn't write the scripture which is in the Bible, not a watchtower publication,
now you can ignore it like you have done or you can read it and apply it, the choice is
yours, either way i simply wipe the dust from me feet and move on in a figurative
sense knowing that i have tried to help you. Clearly you need someone to help you for
...[text shortened]... that
are willing to help you, you are ostracising because of your obnoxious nature, oh well.
I still have Kelly Jay and maybe jaywill.