Educate your YEC educator

Educate your YEC educator

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
But if it is not wrong, then it could very well be inspired of God.
It could be inspired by God even if it is wrong. So could the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
But just because something could be something, doesn't mean it is.

And its obvious to anyone not suffering from extreme delusion that the Bible is wrong about some things. In fact, I would claim that it is even obvious to those suffering from delusion as can be seen by the way they try to lie their way out of any questions about it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
It could be inspired by God even if it is wrong. So could the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter.
But just because something could be something, doesn't mean it is.

And its obvious to anyone not suffering from extreme delusion that the Bible is wrong about some things. In fact, I would claim that it is even obvious to those suffering from delusion as can be seen by the way they try to lie their way out of any questions about it.
There has been many cases in the past that men, more learned than you, have claimed the Holy Bible was wrong on certain things. However, as time went by, it turned out that those men were wrong instead.

Moves
21 Nov 14

There has been many cases in the past that men, more learned than you, have claimed the Holy Bible was wrong on certain things. However, as time went by, it turned out that those men were wrong instead.
I need only go as far as disease and demons to see that you're wrong about that. It has never been proven that disease is caused by demons. Quite the contrary. We now know that disease has many physiological causes, none of which fits the idea of demonic possession.

Z

Moves
21 Nov 14

But if it is not wrong, then it could very well be inspired of God.
it is wrong

we are proud to say that with certainty.

Cape Town

Moves
21 Nov 14

When you say 'it turned out' what you really mean is that you deluded yourself into thinking it was so.
It is obvious, and remains obvious to anyone not suffering from extreme delusion that the Bible is wrong about some things. You are known to be suffering from extreme delusion, so your word on the matter is not going to help your case.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
21 Nov 14

Originally posted by C Hess
I need only go as far as disease and demons to see that you're wrong about that. It has never been proven that disease is caused by demons. Quite the contrary. We now know that disease has many physiological causes, none of which fits the idea of demonic possession.
I don't recall the Holy Bible claiming that the cause for disease is demons. What is your reference?

Moves
21 Nov 14
2 edits

I don't recall the Holy Bible claiming that the cause for disease is demons. What is your reference?
Well, as you no doubt know by now, I'm hardly well versed in the bible. Tell me I'm wrong if jesus didn't call out demons for causing sickness and what not.

Two edits for this. I think I need some sleep. 😴

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Nov 14
2 edits

Well, as you no doubt know by now, I'm hardly well versed in the bible. Tell me I'm wrong if jesus didn't call out demons for causing sickness and what not.

Two edits for this. I think I need some sleep. 😴
Demon spirit possession can result in those possessed being afflicted with sickness and disease or at least caused to mimic certain disorders. But the Holy Bible also distinguishes between unclean demon spirit possession disorders and natural occurring disorders, such as a man born blind.

Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every kind of disease and every kind of sickness.

(Matthew 10:1)

They came to the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gerasenes. When He got out of the boat, immediately a man from the tombs with an unclean spirit met Him, and he had his dwelling among the tombs. And no one was able to bind him anymore, even with a chain; because he had often been bound with shackles and chains, and the chains had been torn apart by him and the shackles broken in pieces, and no one was strong enough to subdue him. Constantly, night and day, he was screaming among the tombs and in the mountains, and gashing himself with stones. Seeing Jesus from a distance, he ran up and bowed down before Him; and shouting with a loud voice, he *said, “What business do we have with each other, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God, do not torment me!” For He had been saying to him, “Come out of the man, you unclean spirit!” And He was asking him, “What is your name?” And he *said to Him, “My name is Legion; for we are many.” And he began to implore Him earnestly not to send them out of the country. Now there was a large herd of swine feeding nearby on the mountain. The demons implored Him, saying, “Send us into the swine so that we may enter them.” Jesus gave them permission. And coming out, the unclean spirits entered the swine; and the herd rushed down the steep bank into the sea, about two thousand of them; and they were drowned in the sea.

(Mark 5:1-13)

What germ or virus can give a man super human strength?

Moves
22 Nov 14

Demon spirit possession can result in those possessed being afflicted with sickness and disease or at least caused to mimic certain disorders. But the Holy Bible also distinguishes between unclean demon spirit possession disorders and natural occurring disorders, such as a man born blind.

Jesus summoned His twelve disciples and gave them authority ...[text shortened]... d in the sea.

(Mark 5:1-13)

What germ or virus can give a man super human strength?
And you honestly believe that story is true? 🙄

Why is it that not a single person has been possessed by demons since modern medicine appeared? Did jesus cast all demons out of this world?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Nov 14

And you honestly believe that story is true? 🙄

Why is it that not a single person has been possessed by demons since modern medicine appeared? Did jesus cast all demons out of this world?
Why not? I believe Jesus rose from the dead. 😏

Moves
24 Nov 14

Why not? I believe Jesus rose from the dead. 😏
I see. 🙄

Why, of course he did.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Nov 14

I see. 🙄

Why, of course he did.
The empty tomb in Jerusalem, the Shroud of Turin, and the Sudarium of Oviedo are pretty good present day evidences to add to all the written testimonies from the past that Jesus really did rise from the dead.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Nov 14

The empty tomb in Jerusalem, the Shroud of Turin, and the Sudarium of Oviedo are pretty good present day evidences to add to all the written testimonies from the past that Jesus really did rise from the dead.
Sure, and President Nixon LOVES you too.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
25 Nov 14

A tomb being empty is evidence of little. The Turin Shroud has been carbon dated to the 13th Century which is when it came into history. The Sudarium of Oviedo was carbon dated to 700 AD and appeared in the historical record around 570 AD. But aside from quibbling over dates neither the Turin Shroud nor the Sudarium constitute evidence that Christ rose from the dead. Even if they are all genuine all they actually demonstrate is that various artifacts were removed from the tomb.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Nov 14
3 edits

Originally posted by DeepThought
A tomb being empty is evidence of little. The Turin Shroud has been carbon dated to the 13th Century which is when it came into history. The Sudarium of Oviedo was carbon dated to 700 AD and appeared in the historical record around 570 AD. But aside from quibbling over dates neither the Turin Shroud nor the Sudarium constitute evidence that Christ ros ...[text shortened]... all genuine all they actually demonstrate is that various artifacts were removed from the tomb.
This is where you are ignorant. Carbon dating is not a reliable method of dating anything. Even if it were, the corner portion of the Shroud that was cut in three parts for dating has been shown to have been repaired by reweaving of dyed cotton fibers with the original linen.

And from your own testimony the carbon dating of the Sudarium of Oviedo has to be in error because it is known to have appeared in history at least 130 years before. and the blood stains have been matched to the Shroud of Turin proving they were both on the same man after his crucifixion.

The image on the Shroud of Turin is evidence of the resurrection because the scientist have not been able to explain it in any other way, because it is a miracle image.