Does your god understand

Does your god understand "Fun"?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
03 Dec 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Are you getting amnesia like the JWs?
"indeed it sounds entirely man made and rather depraved."
FMF
Well given that that does not translate into "depraved liar" then I would say not.

F

Moves
06 Dec 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh, and thanks for calling me a "depraved liar". You're such a peach yourself, you know.
BUMP again for Suzianne.

Where are you claiming I said this? Link please.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
06 Dec 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
No, I do not hate you. I certainly don't hate you [or anyone else] because you [they] are religious.

I do hate religions, including yours, but that is entirely not the same thing.

I explained it once with an analogy to smoking.

I cannot stand the acrid smell of cigarettes and smoking. It makes me choke and gag.
I hate what that smoke does to pe ...[text shortened]... nd it's not worth keeping'.

This is neither sick, nor intolerant, nor prejudice, nor inhuman.
Nicely written, but it only serves to show you have literally no grasp on logic, reason or reality.

Keep up the unbroken string of hits, though!

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
06 Dec 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Suzianne
And I think it's just plain sick that since you've painted yourself into a corner with your dreams that your fondest wish of there being no God are really true that you now have no other choice but to claim that people are delusional so that you can be all cozy and comfy with your opinion that you're right, and they're wrong.

Furthermore, you and people ...[text shortened]... ning bias against someone who is not like you, [b]just because
they are not like you.[/b]
It is not intolerance to be wary of people with known delusions. You yourself believe in some big old armageddon fought by demons and angels, with magic swords, and what not; and you believe that's going to take place on the plains of Megido at some point within your lifetime ... now that's pretty fricking delusional ma'am! A totally f***ing bonkers thing to believe in yet you are absolutely sure this event is going to happen.

Now supposing you had a dream that the arch-angel ... hmm ... arch-angel-<pick your favourite angel> said that the outcome of this war depended on the forces of good (a.k.a. you) stopping the forces of bad (a.k.a. us, the demon-worshipping atheists) before we die naturally and actively choose to side by the devil?

What would be stopping you from thinking *that* was real too?

Just sayin' 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Dec 15

Originally posted by Agerg
It is not intolerance to be wary of people with known delusions. You yourself believe in some big old armageddon fought by demons and angels, with magic swords, and what not; and you believe that's going to take place on the plains of Megido at some point within your lifetime ... now that's pretty fricking delusional ma'am! A totally f***ing bonkers thing to b ...[text shortened]... y the devil?

Just sayin' 🙂
Indeed.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Dec 15

It is not intolerance to be wary of people with known delusions. You yourself believe in some big old armageddon fought by demons and angels, with magic swords, and what not; and you believe that's going to take place on the plains of Megido at some point within your lifetime ... now that's pretty fricking delusional ma'am! A totally f***ing bonkers thing to b ...[text shortened]... y the devil?

Just sayin' 🙂
That sounds like a lot of fun to me. It may be better than Dungeons and Dragons or Lords of the Realm or call of Duty. 😏

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
23 Dec 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
That sounds like a lot of fun to me. It may be better than Dungeons and Dragons or Lords of the Realm or call of Duty. 😏
Yeah but I'll get over it in the morning..

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Dec 15

Originally posted by googlefudge
Well given that that does not translate into "depraved liar" then I would say not.
It can be translated into "depraved liar" if you consider how sonhouse refers to the Holy Bible as "man made" meaning it is not truth, but a lie from man to control others.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Dec 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59

If so - what does he/she/it do for fun?
I would say God understands fun. To all his chosen 'boys', he gave them as much worldly and material goods, and wives and servants etc, to enjoy as their heart desired. I would say that these people knew of more fun than what modern man can imagine.

He also through the wisdom of Solomon made many of these statements in the Bible:

Ecc 2:24 There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.

Fun for God however, I would assume that it is the creation of worlds. It is only in the last few decades that scientists are realizing that it is likely that there are millions of inhabitable planets out there. God is out there creating more and more. My 2 cents.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
28 Dec 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Fun for God however, I would assume that it is the creation of worlds. It is only in the last few decades that scientists are realizing that it is likely that there are millions of inhabitable planets out there. God is out there creating more and more. My 2 cents.
When will he get it right?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
I would say God understands fun. To all his chosen 'boys', he gave them as much worldly and material goods, and wives and servants etc, to enjoy as their heart desired. I would say that these people knew of more fun than what modern man can imagine.

He also through the wisdom of Solomon made many of these statements in the Bible:

[i]Ecc 2:24 There is ...[text shortened]... illions of inhabitable planets out there. God is out there creating more and more. My 2 cents.
The evidence is of millions of uninhabitable planets out there. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Dec 15

Just sayin' 🙂
God abhors sin. If anything presents itself as coming from God that espouses evil over love, then it is not from God. Simple.

Your dream-scenario is obviously false, thus not from God.

Z

Moves
03 Jan 16
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59

If so - what does he/she/it do for fun?
created one universe (or many)