Does prayer work?

Does prayer work?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
do you think we would deserve it?
I am not the judge of humans and their future and their relationship with God. I would love all to turn to God and ask what he wants and accept that willingly. It not it is God that will decide that issue, not any human.
And this is exactly why he has allowed time for all that want his ways to find it and can decide to accept it.

2 Peter 3:9
Good News Translation (GNT)

9 The Lord is not slow to do what he has promised, as some think. Instead, he is patient with you, because he does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants all to turn away from their sins.

Moves
22 Oct 12

Originally posted by galveston75
I am not the judge of humans and their future and their relationship with God. I would love all to turn to God and ask what he wants and accept that willingly. It not it is God that will decide that issue, not any human.
And this is exactly why he has allowed time for all that want his ways to find it and can decide to accept it.

2 Peter 3:9
Good N ...[text shortened]... ou, because he does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants all to turn away from their sins.
do you think we would deserve it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

do [b]you think we would deserve it?[/b]
If God were to decide that you or me or any human was not worthy of life, that is not for me to decide is it? I can't read hearts and minds.
As I said I want no one to die, but when that day comes that God carries thru with his promise to rid the world of not only the wicked but ones who do just not want to be a godly person, then I will accept that decision and have full faith that he knows what is best for the remaining humans and for this planet and for it's eternal future.

F

Moves
23 Oct 12

If God were to decide that you or me or any human was not worthy of life, that is not for me to decide is it? I can't read hearts and minds.
If you "can't read hearts and minds" why do you regularly claim that "Satan" is working through me in various ways, seemingly for merely disagreeing with you or for not accepting your assertions about things?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
23 Oct 12

I believe in prayer (of course God is not a celestial Santa Claus) I remember there was a pregnant women in a church I was attending and they were worried about the un-born child doctors said the childs brain was partially outside the skull anyway we all prayed that the child would be born without complications and it came to pass that the child was born without it's brain hanging out of it's skull. Also my mother had to have heart surgery the doctors doubted she would survive the surgery they believed her heart was to damaged but when they opened her up they were wrong...of course a ton of people including myself prayed for God to intervene and spare my mom's life. I asked God for my first child to be a boy LOL and God gave me a baby boy in that case I went beyond prayer and simply asked God to give me a boy and in my heart of hearts I believe God said ok done. Prayed for the salvation of others and seen God answer prayer. However I also believe God is sovereign and does not always answer us in how we want.....I think prayer is misunderstood and the Model of the Lord's prayer is to remind us God's will be done and not our own selfish will.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Oct 12

Originally posted by FMF
If you "can't read hearts and minds" why do you regularly claim that "Satan" is working through me in various ways, seemingly for merely disagreeing with you or for not accepting your assertions about things?
That might have been me that said that. It sounds like something I might have said. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!

F

Moves
23 Oct 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
That might have been me that said that. It sounds like something I might have said. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!
My remark was addressed to galveston75. He claims to be modest and non-judgmental and to not know what is in others' hearts and minds on one hand, but he is in fact - to my way of thinking - very self-righteous and judgmental, and goes so far as to claim that those who disagree with him are 'fulfilling' biblical prophecies.

You on the other hand revel in - and make no secret of - your misanthropic, duckspeaking, judgmental persona, and your references to others doing the work of "Satan" etc. are so frequent and indiscriminate and pompous, they are the forum's equivalent of religionist premature ejaculation as you "masturbate" [so to speak] here day after day, thread after thread, Satan reference after Satan reference, vacuous YouTube clip after vacuous YouTube clip, using a chess engine to win chess games, and acting the poisonous clown.

So, while it may well sound like something you might have said, I'm not sure anyone gives two hoots anymore. I certainly don't. That you finish every post - even sheer trash talk and personal abuse - with "HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Holy! Holy! Holy!" just reminds everyone who still has an inkling that you are a parodist trying to bring your professed religion into disrepute, that they might be right.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
My remark was addressed to galveston75. He claims to be modest and non-judgmental and to not know what is in others' hearts and minds on one hand, but he is in fact - to my way of thinking - very self-righteous and judgmental, and goes so far as to claim that those who disagree with him are 'fulfilling' biblical prophecies.

You on the other hand revel in - a st trying to bring your professed religion into disrepute, that they might be right.

With lyrics

&feature=related

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Oct 12

I would say so. Why is it so hard to believe that God will choose certian humans or a group of humans? Did he not do that at the flood?
Again God has his directions of how we as individual humans should be living our life's. He has the complete right to ask us to do what his will is as each of our life's belong to him. If we would simply follow his law ...[text shortened]... ten us.
If only a small amount of people are being recognized by God, that is not my fault.
So only the JW's will survive the Great Tribulation and all others will 'perish'. Seeing as how there are a only a few million JW's on the planet, that's a considerable amount of people who are going to 'perish', most of the planet in fact. As i said to Ronald in another thread, 'perish' means ending someones life and if that is done without that persons permission then that is murder. So effectively at some point in the future your Biblical God is going to murder the entire planet except the JW's.

Moves
23 Oct 12

As I said I want no one to die, but when that day comes that God carries thru with his promise to rid the world of not only the wicked but ones who do just not want to be a godly person, then I will accept that d ...[text shortened]... e knows what is best for the remaining humans and for this planet and for it's eternal future.
"I will accept that decision and have full faith that he knows what is best for the remaining humans and for this planet and for it's eternal future"

so you think we deserve it. you think if people dont agree with what you believe then we deserve to be murdered. you think its for the best.

what would god be afraid of if he, for example saved on atheist child. lets say he saves my 8 1/2 yr old sensitive, model student, conscientious, loving daughter. what threat would she be to the 'remaining humans' and the 'planet and its eternal future'. why not save you guys and her?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Oct 12

[b] "I will accept that decision and have full faith that he knows what is best for the remaining humans and for this planet and for it's eternal future"

so you think we deserve it. you think if people dont agree with what you believe then we deserve to be murdered. you think its for the best.

what would god be afraid of if he, for example sav ...[text shortened]... remaining humans' and the 'planet and its eternal future'. why not save you guys and her?[/b]
Where did I say "I think you or anyone else deserves it?" You guys read my post but you don't really read it as I've never once said that.
But instead what did I truly say? Have I not said that I wish ALL would turn to god and accept his ways? Have I not said I wish no one to die?

Please show where I said that they deserves it?

V

Moves
23 Oct 12

THE LORD IS MY SHEPERD
prayer does work,a bottle of whiskey and painkillers mayl get you through the night,but prayer restores the soul.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Oct 12

Originally posted by VOLEN
THE LORD IS MY SHEPERD
prayer does work,a bottle of whiskey and painkillers mayl get you through the night,but prayer restores the soul.
I think that sounds pretty good...Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Oct 12

Philippians 4:6-7
Good News Translation (GNT)

6 Don't worry about anything, but in all your prayers ask God for what you need, always asking him with a thankful heart. 7 And God's peace, which is far beyond human understanding, will keep your hearts and minds safe in union with Christ Jesus.

For those who do not pray and have no relationship with God, there is no understanding of this scripture.
He is our Father and is willing to listen and in his way, answer us even if it is just in comfort.
This is no different then a child with a problem talking to their parents and the comfort that it would bring.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
24 Oct 12

Originally posted by menace71
I asked God for my first child to be a boy LOL and God gave me a baby boy in that case I went beyond prayer and simply asked God ...
Manny
🙄 What are the odds? 🙄