Does prayer work?

Does prayer work?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
[b]So that being said he does have a plan and it started the second Adam sinned and it is near it's complition as Bible prophecy clear shows to those who care to see it.

Can't wait for that, God's going to come back and murder everyone on the planet bar the JW's. What a great plan that is.[/b]
Don't believe I said that did I? Only ones like yourself that refuse to slightly understand would say such things.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
we should feel angry because we have our morals, our sense of right and wrong. authority, power and intelligence do not mean exemption. we know god has infinite power, we know he can arrange the end of times anyway he wants, we know things do not have to play out in any particular way. there is not one logical reason a theist has come up with to justify ...[text shortened]... still fight to have you lot saved. cant imagine you lot would put your neck on the line for us.
"cant imagine you lot would put your neck on the line for us"

What exactly does that mean?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Don't believe I said that did I? Only ones like yourself that refuse to slightly understand would say such things.
That is the Biblical Gods plan though isn't it?

Moves
22 Oct 12

"cant imagine you lot would put your neck on the line for us"

What exactly does that mean?
it means we would stick to our morals and risk death to save you lot from atomization or hell.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

it means we would stick to our morals and risk death to save you lot from atomization or hell.
And we do the same if not more everyday. That is the purpose of the door to door work we do just as Jesus told us to do. And this teaching work is for all humans whether they believe in God or not.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
22 Oct 12

And we do the same if not more everyday. That is the purpose of the door to door work we do just as Jesus told us to do. And this teaching work is for all humans whether they believe in God or not.
Follow it through for me if you will please.

You believe the Great Tribulation is coming, and at this event -

"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." Watchtower 1993 Oct 1 p.19

and also -

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." Watchtower 1989 Sep 1 p.19

So at the Great Tribulation only the JW's have a scriptural hope of surviving and everyone one else will perish.

Am i correct so far?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Follow it through for me if you will please.

You believe the Great Tribulation is coming, and at this event -

[quote]"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those [b]who perish during the great tribulation[ ...[text shortened]... criptural hope of surviving and everyone one else will perish.

Am i correct so far?
I would say so. Why is it so hard to believe that God will choose certian humans or a group of humans? Did he not do that at the flood?
Again God has his directions of how we as individual humans should be living our life's. He has the complete right to ask us to do what his will is as each of our life's belong to him. If we would simply follow his laws and decrees, we would live a happy and wonderful life like no human can give us by their governments and leaders. Man has tried for thousands of years and look where it's gotten us.
If only a small amount of people are being recognized by God, that is not my fault.

Moves
22 Oct 12

I would say so. Why is it so hard to believe that God will choose certian humans or a group of humans? Did he not do that at the flood?
Again God has his directions of how we as individual humans should be living our life's. He has the complete right to ask us to do what his will is as each of our life's belong to him. If we would simply follow his law ...[text shortened]... ten us.
If only a small amount of people are being recognized by God, that is not my fault.
'its not my fault'

does that mean you shouldnt care?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

'its not my fault'

does that mean you shouldnt care?
I absolutley care but no one can be forced into believeing in a God or to follow his ways and directions.
If I didn't care I would not have dedicated my life to him and to do what he ask and one of those things is to teach others about him and his kingdom and what it will take to acomplish that. That's why we spend our own money and time to go to your door in the hope that you just might be looking for something better that only he can give us.

Moves
22 Oct 12

no, its nowhere near the same. you will save us conditionally, we would save you unconditionally.

Moves
22 Oct 12

I absolutley care but no one can be forced into believeing in a God or to follow his ways and directions.
If I didn't care I would not have dedicated my life to him and to do what he ask and one of those things is to teach others about him and his kingdom and what it will take to acomplish that. That's why we spend our own money and time to go to your door in the hope that you just might be looking for something better that only he can give us.
how much do you care? if you had to stand and watch while every non christian man, woman, child and infant was lined up and shot. how would you feel?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

no, its nowhere near the same. you will save us conditionally, we would save you unconditionally.
If your speaking physically as in someone attacking you, yes I'd do anything I could to "save you". But if it meant taking anothers life as the only way to save you, I would try at all cost to get you away from that danger without taking anyones life even if it meant loosing mine. Do you really think I would just stand there and watch someone attacking you? Seriously?
But I'm not going to get back into this topic as it has been discussed.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Oct 12

how much do you care? if you had to stand and watch while every non christian man, woman, child and infant was lined up and shot. how would you feel?
Horrible. What makes you possible think I wouldn't care?

Moves
22 Oct 12

Horrible. What makes you possible think I wouldn't care?
do you think we would deserve it?

Moves
22 Oct 12

If your speaking physically as in someone attacking you, yes I'd do anything I could to "save you". But if it meant taking anothers life as the only way to save you, I would try at all cost to get you away from that danger without taking anyones life even if it meant loosing mine. Do you really think I would just stand there and watch someone attacking you? Seriously?
But I'm not going to get back into this topic as it has been discussed.
no, we are talking about saving each other from godly punishment of obliteration or eternity in hell.