does god really get angry???

does god really get angry???

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Moves
21 Dec 07

==========================
Because faith is meaningless if we have no free will. And if God is omniscient, we have no free will - we cannot contradict anything he a priori knows we'll do.
==============================

Does that mean that unbelief is meaningless also?

If that is the case then it is impossible to be a real athiest if God exists.

Your unbelief would be meaningless.

s

England

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by scottishinnz
but that still doesn't make any sense. The entire christian faith makes no sense if God is omniscient.
what does ommiecent mean to you, to me its meaning is eternal, watchfull god. please explain your understanding,

PS im only online once a day so please awiat my reply.

s

England

Moves
21 Dec 07

[b]Kelly + Jay

Because faith is meaningless if we have no free will. And if God is omniscient, we have no free will - we cannot contradict anything he a priori knows we'll do.[/b]
We have free will and god takes delight when we use it to worship him.
If the problem is he knows what we will do, then you carnt blame him as we do it, but if we change then there is great happyness in his kingdom.

e

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by jaywill
I would hope that you would not feel that you have to wait until death to open your heart and have an honest talk with God.

We can speak with Him daily as our heavenly Father about many deep things in out hearts.

When I meet God I want to have already previously had many many heart felt conversations with Him about what is in my heart.

Jesus loves you.
well if he loves me it doesnt matter what i do, he'll still love me... why must i talk to god.... why can't i talk to myself and discover my 'self'... what good is knowing god if you dont recognise yourself in the mirror?

e

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
And surely the inner voice is God talking to you...you are not listening to that voice are you?!
why must it be god's voice??? why cant it be my voice...? my true self...? why do you insist on pointing everything back at god and praising him for it?

if i dont believe in him, why is he talking to me?

e

Moves
21 Dec 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Iron Monkey
David Berkowitz relied on an inner voice that told him what to do too.
that's just a silly remark.... there are also great works of art, poetry, and music that were created through an inner voice...

are you implying any inner voice is wrong?

doesnt god talk to you through an inner voice?

JJ

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
why must it be god's voice??? why cant it be my voice...? my true self...? why do you insist on pointing everything back at god and praising him for it?

if i dont believe in him, why is he talking to me?
Because he wants you to believe in him... we are all led by God whether we believe or not and if you would just listen to that inner voice you might just find out that the responses you get will be God led!

JJ

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by eatmybishop
that's just a silly remark.... there are also great works of art, poetry, and music that were created through an inner voice...

are you implying any inner voice is wrong?

doesnt god talk to you through an inner voice?
God talks to us through THE inner voice!

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Dec 07

[b]Kelly + Jay

Because faith is meaningless if we have no free will. And if God is omniscient, we have no free will - we cannot contradict anything he a priori knows we'll do.[/b]
You just deny that God could make us in His image, with the ability
to choose as we will.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by SwissGambit
"4 And Jonah began to enter the city on the first day’s walk. Then he cried out and said, “Yet forty days, and Nineveh shall be overthrown!”

5 So the people of Nineveh believed God, proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest to the least of them. 6 Then word came to the king of Nineveh; and he arose from his throne and laid a ...[text shortened]... e disaster that He had said He would bring upon them, and He did not do it.

-Jonah 3
Yes, they repented it was not a passage of time that caused God
to not be angry with them. As I have already said, God does not
desire punishment but will not with hold it if called for. If you read
that whole book you will see God only delayed what was coming to
that pace too due their repentance.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
Because a real all-powerful, all-knowing and really nice Super Duper God has no logical reason to be angry. But such a God dreamed up by semi-savages would reflect their emotions even though it makes no sense whatsoever.
Who cares what a god thinks that we dream up?
Kelly

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 07
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
Kelly
You do obviously. Some people a few thousand years ago dreamt up an angry God and you still worship it.

JJ

Moves
21 Dec 07

Kelly
But Kelly...God cares! .... There is going to be good times and there is going to be bad times.The good Lord can use you all the time!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 07

Originally posted by Jay Joos
But Kelly...God cares! .... There is going to be good times and there is going to be bad times.The good Lord can use you all the time!
For what? Doesn't his Super Duperness have anything better to do than worry about what creatures infinitely inferior to his Almighty Greatness are doing with their time?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 Dec 07

You just deny that God could make us in His image, with the ability
to choose as we will.
Kelly
And then get angry and eternally punish us if we actually exercise that free will to do anything but what he commands. 🙄