Does God really care?

Does God really care?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
14 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Doing a little research for you but here's a little thing I found on line about the rosery beads from EHow and written by Will Carpenter as well as other sources:

Earliest Use
Religious scholars have long said that systems for counting the number of times a repetitive prayer was said began in India with the Hindus, about 900 B.C.E. Prayer sticks, str ...[text shortened]...
So would you agree or not that this is of pagan origin that the Catholic church uses?
numerically speaking, 50 is important to Judeo-Christian theology as well. It is the year of jubilee, when all debts were wiped clean, and property reverted back to its original owner etc...

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
14 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
what is this, imitation the highest form of praise?
well it was a good post😉

rc

Moves
14 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by duecer
well it was a good post😉
thankyou Deucer, and thankyou for your message, it cheered me up no end! BTW i just learned what your name means, are you sure that its appropriate?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Aug 09

what is this, imitation the highest form of praise? no one is speaking abusively RaJ, if you want to celebrate these things then that is up to you, does that sound like anyone encroaching upon your freedom, it doesn't to me? why are you then speaking abusively of others when they do not want to celebrate these things because of their conscience?
You and Galveston start these discussions, accuse the rest of Christianity of being Pagan, implying and often stating outright that it is wrong? Sure sounds like you are encroaching on the freedom of others.

rc

Moves
14 Aug 09
3 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
You and Galveston start these discussions, accuse the rest of Christianity of being Pagan, implying and often stating outright that it is wrong? Sure sounds like you are encroaching on the freedom of others.
all we can say with any certainty is that as far as our conscience is concerned, to us these things are objectionable because of what we perceive to be pagan elements. perhaps you can point out where we have said that you should not celebrate them, if you want to. otherwise you have no basis, absolutely no basis whatsoever for speaking abusively of others, judging their freedom based on conscience and elevating yourself to the position of judge. i myself have consistently stated that while the elements themselves are pagan (according to my knowledge and conscience), but have no objection if others want to do as they see fit.

i have never to my knowledge stated that one should not celebrate Christmas, my mother and father celebrate it, do i say to them, you should not celebrate it? no i do not, it is their choice. my parents and brothers and sisters celebrate birthdays, do i say that they should not? no i do not, it is their choice! if i point out that it may contain pagan elements am i judging them? no i am not, therefore for a third time you shall be pleased to tell the forum why you are speaking abusively of another's freedom for the sole purpose of exercising their conscience.

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
14 Aug 09

thankyou Deucer, and thankyou for your message, it cheered me up no end! BTW i just learned what your name means, are you sure that its appropriate?
I was the one that went to the site and gave them the definition. Its my own private joke to myself....I'm so ashamed😳

rc

Moves
14 Aug 09

I was the one that went to the site and gave them the definition. Its my own private joke to myself....I'm so ashamed😳
LOL 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
14 Aug 09

numerically speaking, 50 is important to Judeo-Christian theology as well. It is the year of jubilee, when all debts were wiped clean, and property reverted back to its original owner etc...
Thats fine with the #50 but does that excuse the use of rosery beads?

d

Moves
14 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
Thats fine with the #50 but does that excuse the use of rosery beads?
http://books.google.com/[WORD TOO LONG]