Do your religious beliefs 'liberate' you?

Do your religious beliefs 'liberate' you?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @gswilm
I don't know what FMF means when he says he is not a religious person. I don't think God or Jesus Christ or the Spirit of Christ a religious person.
You are a religious person, sonship. And I'm not.

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

Freedom from the self condemnation of feeling overcome by the power of sinning.
Do you mean 'liberated' from being held responsible for your "sins"?

g

Moves
23 Oct 17

Is the Spirit of Christ religious ? I don't think so. He's real.

I can say now - "Paul, I know what you were talking about SOME at least, when you wrote the book of Galatians."

"But I say, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

What a freedom! What a liberating power from the indwelling presence of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. Walk, step by step by this Spirit and you shall "by no means" fulfill the lust of the corrupted fallen nature - called "the flesh".

If you are a Christian and you have no experience of this you have to demand of God that that is your birthright. You don't need to grovel or beg. This is your entitlement as a believer. We have to learn the FREEDOM from walking in the Spirit of Christ.

Hundreds of us are made free to meet together aside from cultural divisions, as the church. We experience the liberating power of the Spirit of Jesus Christ. In fact our unity in love releases the stronger effect of the power of this liberating.
American, Asian, African, Middle Eastern, Hispanic, ... many diverse cultures made free to meet and love one another for the church life by the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

Sing Along - Made Free, Made Free O Captive
Here is the Tune -
https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/508/j=a

Made free! Made free! O captive!
Bound by the law of sin,
The law of life in Spirit
Will quicken you within.
And counting on the Spirit,
His life shall now control
The members of your body,
The portals of your soul.
Made free! Made free in Jesus:
For crucified with Him,
From center to circumf’rence,
He breaks the power of sin.
No longer act in body
As if it had no “law“;
His “law of life” must govern
All that ran wild before.
Deep planted in His death,
He liberates His life pow’r,
And breathes His Spirit’s breath.
Then waxing strong in spirit,
With force of quickening life;
The soul and body governed,
Its members cease from strife!
Joined to the Risen One,
By conflict prayer you triumph,
And claim His victory won.
Freed with His glorious freedom,
Above the darkness rife;
For now the law of sin and death
Is conquered by His life.

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

Is the Spirit of Christ religious ? I don't think so. He's real.

I can say now - "Paul, I know what you were talking about SOME at least, when you wrote the book of Galatians."

[b] "But I say, Walk by the Spirit and you shall by no means fulfill the lust of the flesh." (Galatians 5:16)

What a freedom! What a liberating power ...[text shortened]... bove the darkness rife;
For now the law of sin and death
Is conquered by His life.
[/quote][/b]
So your religious beliefs 'liberate' you from "the lust of the corrupted fallen nature"? Is that what you are saying?

g

Moves
23 Oct 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
You are a religious person, sonship. And I'm not.
free. Praise God!

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

Bully for you, as you come to the Forum religiously every day to ____ ?
Oh yea, Ask really good questions.
Why the trite wordplay? You've done this before. It comes across as deflection.

When I perceive you as religious, I perceive someone who believes in and worships a supernatural controlling/creator power. I don't. You do.

Can you answer my questions about being 'liberated' from "sin"?

g

Moves
23 Oct 17

Originally posted by @fmf
So your religious beliefs 'liberate' you from "the lust of the corrupted fallen nature"? Is that what you are saying?
Ask for more clarification.

And go learn what this means.

"Always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (2 Tim. 3:7)

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

Ask for more clarification.

And go learn what this means.

[b]"Always learning but never able to come to the full knowledge of the truth." (2 Tim. 3:7)
[/b]
You wrote a lot. I have honed in on the bit that might be addressing my question. So do your religious beliefs 'liberate' you from "the lust of the corrupted fallen nature"? "2 Tim. 3:7" doesn't answer this question.

g

Moves
23 Oct 17
1 edit

You come to Jesus for liberty. If you don't come to the Lord Jesus to be freed then what on earth are you coming to Him for.

You've tried. You've failed. You are defeated. There is no "Just give me one more day. I'll get it together if you just give me one more day."

No, what you want to do is turn over the reins of your whole life to the Savior Jesus Christ. He gets into you and overcomes IN you on your behalf.

FMF will continue with his little knit picky questions to see if he can chisel and whittle away at the Christian Gospel.

Experience the liberating power from self and sin to let Jesus come into your heart and take control. You will not be a zombie. You will FIND your soul. You will FIND yourself.

Here's another song from the EXPERIENCE of the believers. Sing along with it to get some faith. Its called Glorious Freedom

Here's the tune https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/310

Once I was bound by sin’s galling fetters,
Chained like a slave I struggled in vain;
But I received a glorious freedom,
When Jesus broke my fetters in twain.

Glorious freedom, wonderful freedom,
No more in chains of sin I repine!
Jesus the glorious Emancipator,
Now and forever He shall be mine.
Freedom from all the carnal affections,
Freedom from envy, hatred and strife;
Freedom from vain and worldly ambitions.
Freedom from all that saddened my life.
Freedom from pride and all sinful follies,
Freedom from love and glitter of gold;
Freedom from evil temper and anger,
Glorious freedom, rapture untold.
Freedom from fear with all of its torments,
Freedom from care with all of its pain;
Freedom in Christ my blessed Redeemer,
He who has rent my fetters in twain.

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

You come to Jesus for liberty. If you don't come to the Lord Jesus to be freed then what on earth are you coming to Him for.
"Freed" from what? Can you be a little less effusive and a bit more incisive instead. Do you mean you are "feed" from death? That kind of thing? Or do you mean you are "freed" from condemnation (or from having to take personal responsibility) for your "sins". You bandy about a word liker "liberty" but then flinch away from queries about what you are on about exactly.

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

Freedom from all the carnal affections,
Freedom from envy, hatred and strife;
Freedom from vain and worldly ambitions.
Freedom from all that saddened my life.
Freedom from pride and all sinful follies,
Freedom from love and glitter of gold;
Freedom from evil temper and anger,
Glorious freedom, rapture untold.
You never feel envy, hatred and strife, or any temper or anger? You are not vain? Not ambitious? You don't exhibit pride? You engage in no "sinful follies"? Nothing saddens you anymore because of your religious beliefs? Does "freedom from all the carnal affections" mean you are celibate or a loss of interest in sex? Do you think non-Christians cannot legitimately claim to enjoy any of the freedoms in your hymn?

F

Moves
23 Oct 17

No, what you want to do is turn over the reins of your whole life to the Savior Jesus Christ. He gets into you and overcomes IN you on your behalf.
Eno said: "What religion says to you, essentially, is: you’re not in control." You seem to be agreeing with this with your words above. Is this your intention?

g

Moves
23 Oct 17

She plays on guitar and sings.
Glorious Freedom, Wonderful Freedom

g

Moves
23 Oct 17

Another nice version Glorious Freedom

g

Moves
23 Oct 17
2 edits

A message on Freedom from being born again yet Gay. Christ freed him.

Glorious Freedom in Christ from Being Christian and homosexual - I Was an Apologist for Gay Theology | Joe Dallas

FMF can follow this with a testimony of an Atheist gaining freedom (if he or she even believes it is necessary) from homosexuality.

- sonship