1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 12:141 edit
    @FMF
    My moral compass tells me the Sermon on the Mount is admirable. I don't really care how many people came up with it or if someone called Jesus came up with all of it on his own. We will never know for sure. And it doesn't really matter.

That is pretty nebulous, a thick fog of obfuscation imo.

Okay, I will never know what you wrote above.
    Rumor has it that someone else is using your tag and typing.

We'll never know.
    And it doesn't matter.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 12:15
    @fmf said
    I don't "say God does not exist" and I never have. I have been telling you this for almost 15 years. Why can you not remember?
    Because as with a lot of sonship’s bending of the truth, he hides it in the middle of a lengthy post.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 12:16
    @sonship said
    Okay, I will never know what you wrote above.
    Rumor has it that someone else is using your tag and typing.
    Oh. OK. Well, in that case, here it is again:

My moral compass tells me the Sermon on the Mount is admirable. I don't really care how many people came up with it or if someone called Jesus came up with all of it on his own. We will never know for sure. And it doesn't really matter.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 12:18
    @sonship said
    How do you admire this when you say God doesn't exist?
    You are getting me mixed up with Ghost of a Duke.

What I admire are the teachings attributed to Jesus which constitute a solid basis for a morally sound way of living.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 12:191 edit
    @FMF
    He was a devout Jew, so what else was his perspective supposed to have been?

According to the record the audience regarded Him more than just the average run of the mill devout Jew.

"And when Jesus finished these worlds, the crowds were astonished at His teaching. For He taught them as One having authority and not like their scribes."

Average devout Jew?
    That's your watering down the account to accommodate for your atheist's unbelief.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 12:23
    @sonship said
    Average devout Jew?
    That's your watering down the account to accommodate for your atheist's unbelief.
    Why have you added the word "average" to what I said? This is a low-integrity gimmick.

The reason I mentioned that he was a "devout Jew" is because that explains why everything that is attributed to him is seen through the prism of theism, and Judaism.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 17:121 edit
    @FMF
    Why have you added the word "average" to what I said? This is a low-integrity gimmick.

The reason I mentioned that he was a "devout Jew" is because that explains why everything that is attributed to him is seen through the prism of theism, and Judaism.

Give it up weasel word.

I reply to your posts sometimes not jumping back and forth to see the exact phraseology. Close enough. No points.

The so-called "devout Jew" was sorely persecuted for saying that He was the Son of God. They scribes, Pharisees, chief priests, and devotees to the only Scripture they had at the time condemned this fellow "devout Jew" for blasphemy.

If you asked the "devout Jews" at the time, they would have yelled into your ear "Crucify, Crucify Him."

They said "We have no king except Caesar". They got thoroughly exposed. They hated His devotion to that point.

No extra cheap points on integrity bashing because of me inserting the word "average".
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Mar '21 22:55
    @sonship said
    . No extra cheap points on integrity bashing because of me inserting the word "average".
    You added a word deliberately to what I had said in order to alter the point I had made. It's what I call low-intergrity posting on your part.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree