Dive is a fake Christian

Dive is a fake Christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
You can claim it was real to you, it’s just that whatever it was you used to believe in, you now acknowledge it wasn’t.
Well duh KellyJay, I am an atheist after all. The fact that I lost my faith doesn't mean that I was pretending to be a Christian. Where is the copy-pasted post you claim I'd written supposedly "admitting" that I was "pretending" to be a Christian? You called another poster a liar over that. Man up KellyJay. Where's the post?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
Claiming and being are not the same thing.
A bit like the post you "claimed" exists!

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
We both discussed your old profession of faith was a faith that actually lacked God in
your life. You can smear me belittle I don't care, and when I say I don't care, I am not
going to remind you each time we find ourselves talking about doing this. My only
goal with this conversation is to remind you, or inform you the reality of God is
not something you have experienced, it isn't to late.
Nothing supernatural has happened to you KellyJay. Something psychological has happened to you. This psychological thing has convinced you that something supernatural has happened. This is all confirmed in your mind by an elaborate ideology. Now, if these religious beliefs - whatever they may be - make you happy and give you purpose and, most importantly perhsps, cause you to behave in a morally sound way, then good for you.

Moves
31 Oct 18
1 edit

Just to be clear, If Mr X, a devout and practicing Christian for many years suddenly loses his faith due to a traumatic life event (let's say an inconceivably unjust death of a family member) this does not render Mr X's previous belief in God fake or insincere. (Even if he spends the rest of his days as an atheist).

Moves
31 Oct 18
1 edit

@fmf said
Nothing supernatural has happened to you KellyJay. Something psychological has happened to you. This psychological thing has convinced you that something supernatural has happened. This is all confirmed in your mind by an elaborate ideology. Now, if these religious beliefs - whatever they may be - make you happy and give you purpose and, most importantly perhsps, cause you to behave in a morally sound way, then good for you.
How do you know for sure that what you attribute to be psychological isn't in fact supernatural? Maybe your "Christianity experience' was purely psychological and upon that basis you now wrongly assume that that is true for everyone.

(I highly doubt FMF will respond)

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Just to be clear, If Mr X, a devout and practicing Christian for many years suddenly loses his faith due to a traumatic life event (let's say an inconceivably unjust death of a family member) this does not render Mr X's previous belief in God fake or insincere. (Even if he spends the rest of his days as an atheist).
It is all part of the 'special knowledge' and supernatural transformation mythology.

"Hell" hath no clumsier rhetoric than a believer confronted by what an ex-believer's erstwhile belief/current lack of belief means.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 18
2 edits

Brothers, FMF would like nothing better then to see you all wear yourselves out trying to argue whether he was a genuine Christian or not.

Shed two tears about it and move on.

We know that no psychological state in our minds caused Micah's prophecy to be fulfilled when Jesus was born in Bethlehem 500 years after Micah 5:2 was written.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18
1 edit

@sonship said
Brothers, FMF would like nothing better then to see you all wear yourselves out trying to argue whether he was a genuine Christian or not.
You lot sawing logs is just you lot sawing logs. Saw whichever logs you want.

As I suggested earlier, the interesting thing about this thread has been KellyJay's persistent deceitful behaviour and his cognitive dissonance, and not whether he believes me or not.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@sonship said
We know that no psychological state in our minds caused Micah's prophecy to be fulfilled when Jesus was born in Bethlehem 500 years after Micah 5:2 was written.
Where did you get the idea that Jesus was born in Bethlehem?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Oct 18

@fmf said
I rest my case what ever you had started and ended with you, not the creator.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
I rest my case what ever you had started and ended with you, not the creator.
If your case is "FMF is an atheist and not a Christian anymore" then there has never been any dispute.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Oct 18

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What was he sincere about, Idolatry?

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
What was he sincere about, Idolatry?
I was sincere about the same stuff you are sincere about.

Where's that post, KellyJay?

Man up. Come on.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Oct 18

@fmf said
If your case is "FMF is an atheist and not a Christian anymore" then there has never been any dispute.
No, not my case as you clearly know. I will leave you to your own thoughts and beliefs they will take you where you are going.

F

Moves
31 Oct 18

@kellyjay said
No, not my case as you clearly know. I will leave you to your own thoughts and beliefs they will take you where you are going.
Where's that post? You accused another poster of lying about it. But where is it? Page after page after page of mischaracterization, disingenuousness, and pride-fuelled deception. This has been a terrible thread for you. Don't your religious beliefs make you want to exhibit some integrity?