Dinosaurs floating on a boat covering a flooded earth.

Dinosaurs floating on a boat covering a flooded earth.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
11 Apr 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
As I pointed out over and over, I don't worry about time. I think it is quite possible they were created at the same time as everything else was. I don't think the fossil record shows life could possibly alter itself over and over again through evolution and not have a chain of life not only in the fossils but in today too. Slow processes would have a string of lifeforms ali ...[text shortened]... of different life forms and then they disappear in record doesn't look like slow changes over time.
Ok, so this sentence actually has some bearing on the question i asked.

I think it is quite possible they were created at the same time as everything else was.

How does you thinking something is 'quite possible' become a reality and then lead to a truth claim? That’s a rather substantial leap don’t you think?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Apr 19

@proper-knob said
Ok, so this sentence actually has some bearing on the question i asked.

I think it is quite possible they were created at the same time as everything else was.

How does you thinking something is 'quite possible' become a reality and then lead to a truth claim? That’s a rather substantial leap don’t you think?
I can not prove it and I could argue both short time and deep. The “reality” I would suggest is that none of us can justify it to the level of saying this is a fact not a belief regardless of what we think. To do so would claim knowledge we simply don’t have. It is going to be faith in whatever we use to determine truth here.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
I can not prove it and I could argue both short time and deep. The “reality” I would suggest is that none of us can justify it to the level of saying this is a fact not a belief regardless of what we think. To do so would claim knowledge we simply don’t have. It is going to be faith in whatever we use to determine truth here.
It is a 'scientific fact' that humans didn't live with dinosaurs, they became extinct a long time ago. There is a whole body of scientific evidence across multiple scientific fields which supports this. To try and claim that your 'humans lived with dinosaurs' theory is on a par with the evidence which counters this is simply crackers. You've had multiple opportunities in this thread to try and offer some sort of evidence or argument to support your view but you don't have any. Your beliefs are based on your faith, as you have admitted here -

It is going to be faith in whatever we use to determine truth here.

Twice in this thread you stated that humans living with dinosaurs was a 'truth', and yet your own reasoning to support your claim has failed to meet the standards of what your truth is. Here it is again -

Our opinions may or may not be a reflection of reality. They are opinions, and the only time truth comes into play is when our opinions line up with reality.

There is no reality humans lived with dinosaurs. These are your religious beliefs.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Apr 19

@proper-knob said
It is a 'scientific fact' that humans didn't live with dinosaurs, they became extinct a long time ago. There is a whole body of scientific evidence across multiple scientific fields which supports this. To try and claim that your 'humans lived with dinosaurs' theory is on a par with the evidence which counters this is simply crackers. You've had multiple opportunities in ...[text shortened]... ality.[/quote]

There is no reality humans lived with dinosaurs. These are your religious beliefs.
Quote me what you are referring to when you claim I said men and dinosaurs living together is a truth. I want the context!

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Quote me what you are referring to when you claim I said men and dinosaurs living together is a truth. I want the context!
Page 4, 3rd post down in this thread.

Me - Humans lived with dinosaurs, is that a 'truth' for you?

You - Yes

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Page 2, 5th post down.

Me - Dinosaurs living with humans, is that a 'truth'?

You - I take scripture literally you can fill in the blanks with that. This I don’t believe is news between us, we have had this conversation before. There are visions, dreams and other things in scripture it isn’t all to be taken literally, context is important.

Yes on your question.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Apr 19

@proper-knob said
It is a 'scientific fact' that humans didn't live with dinosaurs, they became extinct a long time ago. There is a whole body of scientific evidence across multiple scientific fields which supports this. To try and claim that your 'humans lived with dinosaurs' theory is on a par with the evidence which counters this is simply crackers. You've had multiple opportunities in ...[text shortened]... ality.[/quote]

Okay good point, my verbiage could have been better. I believe these things are true, yes, but I cannot use scripture or science to justify this. Scripture doesn’t address it I came up with that reading the text. Others have said that between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 there is the possibility of millions/billions of years could have occurred. This is why I avoid making time an important part of my doctrine, it is not clear.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Okay good point, my verbiage could have been better. I believe these things are true, yes, but I cannot use scripture or science to justify this. Scripture doesn’t address it I came up with that reading the text. Others have said that between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 there is the possibility of millions/billions of years could have occurred. This is why I avoid making time an important part of my doctrine, it is not clear.
So to recap, you have no evidence from science or scripture to support your view that humans lived with dinosaurs. You only believe this because of your view that the universe is in the thousands of years old. Man had to have lived with dinosaurs within that timeframe. Does it not concern you in any way that there is zero evidence for humans living dinosaurs and countless evidence that points to the contrary. How does someone reconcile that rather large discrepancy?

If you accept that millions/billions of years occurred between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2, would that still mean humans lived with dinosaurs? Or would you accept that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Apr 19

@proper-knob said
So to recap, you have no evidence from science or scripture to support your view that humans lived with dinosaurs. You only believe this because of your view that the universe is in the thousands of years old. Man had to have lived with dinosaurs within that timeframe. Does it not concern you in any way that there is zero evidence for humans living dinosaurs and countless ...[text shortened]... ll mean humans lived with dinosaurs? Or would you accept that dinosaurs lived millions of years ago?
Yes, when asked how old the universe is I say I don’t know, if asked what I believe I say young earth. When you claim you know based on X, I believe you have a lot of faith.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
15 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
Yes, when asked how old the universe is I say I don’t know, if asked what I believe I say young earth. When you claim you know based on X, I believe you have a lot of faith.
There were 3 questions in my post, this answer doesn't relate to any of them.

You can call it faith all day long if you like, that's your pejorative. If you think that the humongous amount of evidence scientists have gathered which points to humans not living with dinosaurs, and they in fact died out millions of years ago, is based on 'faith'. I find that extraordinary, rather amusing and somewhat tragic all rolled into one.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Apr 19

@proper-knob said
There were 3 questions in my post, this answer doesn't relate to any of them.

You can call it faith all day long if you like, that's your pejorative. If you think that the humongous amount of evidence scientists have gathered which points to humans not living with dinosaurs, and they in fact died out millions of years ago, is based on 'faith'. I find that extraordinary, rather amusing and somewhat tragic all rolled into one.
I think when you start saying you know what occurred millions of years ago you are expressing a lot of faith. I think when you think you can look at layers of rocks and declare you know what happened millions of years ago you have great faith.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
I think when you start saying you know what occurred millions of years ago you are expressing a lot of faith. I think when you think you can look at layers of rocks and declare you know what happened millions of years ago you have great faith.
I know you do. Like i said, that's your pejorative. Thankfully you're not a geologist or palaeontologist. 😀

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 19

@proper-knob said
I know you do. Like i said, that's your pejorative. Thankfully you're not a geologist or palaeontologist. 😀
And if I were and I stated I knew what happen millions of years ago, could I be correct, or stating what I think occurred when I look at the rock layers ect. or would I be stating a 'fact of reality' in your opinion?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
16 Apr 19

@kellyjay said
And if I were and I stated I knew what happen millions of years ago, could I be correct, or stating what I think occurred when I look at the rock layers ect. or would I be stating a 'fact of reality' in your opinion?
It depends what you're looking at and what evidence you have to substantiate your claim.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Apr 19
1 edit

@proper-knob said
It depends what you're looking at and what evidence you have to substantiate your claim.
You think that there is anything that can be looked at today which would give anyone inerrancy about events millions and billions of years ago? Seriously what could they have that they could not be wrong about with some assumptions, or that they could be missing something unknown?