1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 01:321 edit
    @galveston75 said
    But the really miraculous part of all it's been thru is it's still here and available to almost the whole planet. Even with Russia banning the Witnesses "again" and even taking all the Kingdom Halls away from them, they will be fine.
    Do you believe that the persecution of your religious group is a marker of it being chosen by God to be the one true church?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 01:34
    @divegeester said
    Who doesn’t like it and why? Jehovah is one of the many names of God. No big deal.
    I'm not going to name anyone, and you'll have to ask them next time it comes up.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 01:352 edits
    @galveston75 said
    I'm not going to name anyone, and you'll have to ask them next time it comes up.
    You remember when I was saying about you “dodging” questions and you said “you love that word don’t you”... Remember that, it was just now.

Pathetic isn’t it. The “true church” (sic) in action.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 01:46
    @divegeester said
    You remember when I was saying about you “dodging” questions and you said “you love that word don’t you”... Remember that, it was just now.

Pathetic isn’t it. The “true church” (sic) in action.
    Well what goes around comes around huh?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 01:48
    @galveston75 said
    Well what goes around comes around huh?
    What are you on about?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:11
    @divegeester said
    What are you on about?
    Buddy you have dodged my questions so many times and for so long. You have no footing to stand on accusing me of that.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:211 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Buddy you have dodged my questions so many times and for so long. You have no footing to stand on accusing me of that.
    Start a thread with two or three questions you want me to answer with yes or no answers, your top ones, call me out, I challenge you.

In the same thread I get to ask you two or three question ps and you too must give me yes or no answers.

Do you agree?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:23
    @galveston75 said
    Even with Russia banning the Witnesses "again" and even taking all the Kingdom Halls away from them, they will be fine.
    Do you believe that the persecution of your religious group is a marker of it being chosen by God to be the one true church?

Second ask.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:33
    Galveston75???
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:35
    @divegeester said

Second ask.
    Lol. You are quite the insistent one aren't you? No more comments on that ever as I've answered you many, many times. Go to bed!!!!
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:421 edit
    @galveston75 said
    Lol. You are quite the insistent one aren't you? No more comments on that ever as I've answered you many, many times. Go to bed!!!!
    You remember earlier when you were joking how “dodging questions” was my favourite word, remember that?

Well here’s another one. What’s that now, three just tonight?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '19 02:43
    @divegeester said

Second ask.
    Simple question, dodged.

I’m “worse than Satan” again now I suppose.

I hate it when that happens.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 07:45
    @sonship said
    @Proper-Knob

Be fair and also explain more recent discoveries of SOFT organic tissue found in fossilized bones supposedly 60 millions years old.

Soft tissue (blood cells, hemoglobin) preserved for 60 million or plus years ? Maybe dinosaur populations are not as old as assumed.

Soft Tissue Dinosaur Bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eoxZvV6YY8

H ...[text shortened]... KellyJay ?

I don't think either viewpoint (OEC / YEC) can fully ignore some of these things.
    There was just a foal found almost 50,000 years old, the absolute end of the usefulness of radio carbon dating and they found liquid blood still inside and liquid urine. So saying soft tissue was found in a 100 million year old dino bone is not that big a deal. It does not prove they had to be only 5000 years old or some such rot.
    You jump on the slimmest evidence and ride it to death in your zeal to prove Earth is only a few thousand years old yet totally ignore ANY data saying no such thing, because Earth is in FACT billions of years old. For instance, the splitting apart of the America's from Europe has been going on for LITERALLY millions of years and there is a continuous record in the magnetic field of the magma seeping up where the continents are seen ripping apart, like two conveyor belts running in opposite directions. The liquid rocks, when they cool down, pick up the direction of magnetic field lines of Earth and they keep that field PERMANENTLY and you probably noticed the shape of South America, like where Brazil sticks out into the Atlantic, matching the inward bending of Africa? That is no coincidence. The magnetic data reads like a cassette tape, recording the entire movement of continents. That is a proven fact and no amount of bible thrashing will change that. THAT ALONE shows Earth in in actual fact MANY MILLIONS OF YEARS OLD. That is only ONE line of data showing that.
    For instance, how can you look at rock formations showing bending of 180 degrees in the rock formations and think that could somehow come about in a few thousand years? Totally ignoring the fact there would have to have been a permanent Richter ten earthquake all across Earth to make those rocks fold like taffy in such a short time period.
    There are MANY such data points like that yet you diss ALL of that in your zeal to make the BIBLE the only proof you need to say Earth is only a few thousand years old, yet that statement is NOWHERE in the bible, and only those dudes who analyized ROBERT BEGAT SUZIE who begat Mary who bagat BILLY who begat, who begat, and down the line as if all those begats were 100 % accurate yet covered a period of time of thousands of years. SURE, I can believe that, but I also have a GREAT bridge for sale, CHEAP.
    You hang your entire thesis on such flimsy evidence, you have to know there was no way for any book to be accurate in that begat deal for thousands of years. There are many other plot problems in your bible but you think they are all 100 % written by god when in fact they were all 100% written by men with no input needed from a god.
    You dis the intelligence of humans when you imply humans are WAY too stupid to have EVER written such a sublime work.
    Even though there are THOUSANDS of such works of other religions with just as pithy advice as in the bible. Human intelligence, the best of us, is closer to godhood then you give credit for.

You ABSOLUTELY CANNOT ACCEPT THAT so you are stuck replaying the record, skipping back to the past grooves forever unable to get off that groove.
  14. SubscriberPianoman1
    Nil desperandum
    Seedy piano bar
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 09:03
    “Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

Thus spake Martin Luther in the early sixteenth century. He recognised that Christianity battles with logical reasoning. If you have FAITH that the universe is only millions of years old. Fine, but please don’t confuse that with SCIENCE that has categorically proved it is nearly 14 billion years old. Never forget that ancient scriptures were written by ignorant tribesmen who still believed that earthquakes, floods, disease etc were caused by man’s sins.

YEC’s are a pestilential danger abusing the minds of children.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Apr '19 10:00
    @pianoman1 said
    “Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

Thus spake Martin Luther in the early sixteenth century. He recognised that Christianity battles with logical reasoning. If you have FAITH that the univers ...[text shortened]... se etc were caused by man’s sins.

YEC’s are a pestilential danger abusing the minds of children.
    Faith and reason are not opposed to one another not matter what some quote by anyone says. You have to have faith to have reason.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree