Difficult questions

Difficult questions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't believe in evolution. I believe God made the genes and DNA.
I, however, know very little about genes and DNA, RNA, and all that
biology stuff. I have never had Biology in school past the 9th grade.
I was studing to be an Electrical Engineer and foreign language and
biology was not required courses. The information I quoted comes
from creation ...[text shortened]... point with you.
I can only say, I believe they are probably right and you are probably
wrong.
It's not ME that is probably right or wrong, it is 150 years of solid research. We can already introduce our own genetically modified genes into our bodies, that comes from knowledge of DNA. There is no god involved in that, all solid human research by some very smart people. You just decide on your belief and reject everything else in spite of the fact genes are being modified left and right and more coming every day, saving lives in the process. No one got that from a bible, they got that from solid research, hypothesis leading to predictions, leading to verification in the labs, leading to ways of curing cancer for instance.

Look at this one, a possible cure for leukemia, from genetic engineering:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/08/110810141248.htm

Or this one studying the evolution of yeast right in the lab:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-evolution-species-quickly-rapid-environmental.html

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Aug 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
It's not ME that is probably right or wrong, it is 150 years of solid research. We can already introduce our own genetically modified genes into our bodies, that comes from knowledge of DNA. There is no god involved in that, all solid human research by some very smart people. You just decide on your belief and reject everything else in spite of the fact gen ...[text shortened]... lab:

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-evolution-species-quickly-rapid-environmental.html
Cancer research is a waste of time and money.

Here,s why.....

The way to not have cancer in this world is for people to live in a world where there is no meat eating, no intoxication, no drugs, no pestasides, no stress from materialism and no pollution, but instead a spiritualized world of simple living and high thinking.

Finding a cure for cancer through science means man wants to continue with his atheistic life style which causes the cancer in the first place instead of doing the right thing and changing his cancer causing life style.

So by putting a band aid solution on the problem is a waste of time and resources because when cancer has gone something else will take its place. (that's the law of karma)

This cancer research is just another aspect of cheating science.

Cheating science impacts us on many levels everyday.

In Vedic society there was no such thing as cancer.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Aug 11

Originally posted by Dasa
Cancer research is a waste of time and money.

Here,s why.....

The way to not have cancer in this world is for people to live in a world where there is no meat eating, no intoxication, no drugs, no pestasides, no stress from materialism and no pollution, but instead a spiritualized world of simple living and high thinking.

Finding a cure for cancer thr ...[text shortened]... ence impacts us on many levels everyday.

In Vedic society there was no such thing as cancer.
Can I quote you on that when you get pancreatic cancer or leukemia?

F

Moves
15 Aug 11

The way to not have cancer in this world is for people to live in a world where there is no meat eating, no intoxication, no drugs, no pestasides, no stress from materialism and no pollution, but instead a spiritualized world of simple living and high thinking. [...] In Vedic society there was no such thing as cancer.
In a manner of speaking, what you are saying here is that cancer victims have got only themselves to blame.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
15 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
In a manner of speaking, what you are saying here is that cancer victims have got only themselves to blame.
he does have a point. much of cancer is caused by artificial chemicals used to make food and industrial pollution. the side effects of high technology and the rat-race of capitalism.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Aug 11

Originally posted by FMF
Cancer victims are 85% responsible there abouts for there cancers.

The other 15% is from pestasides pollution environment etc.

My mother died of bowel cancer and it was because of all the meat and alcohol and stress of materialism she consumed.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Aug 11

Can I quote you on that when you get pancreatic cancer or leukemia?
I have no fear of death so I wont be going to hospital for cancer trying to squeeze a few more years out of life in this world of suffering.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 11

It's not ME that is probably right or wrong, it is 150 years of solid research. We can already introduce our own genetically modified genes into our bodies, that comes from knowledge of DNA. There is no god involved in that, all solid human research by some very smart people. You just decide on your belief and reject everything else in spite of the fact gen ...[text shortened]... lab:

I don't see how that proves evolution. Animal genes are always getting
modified. I think it is called adaptation.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Aug 11

I don't see how that proves evolution. Animal genes are always getting
modified. I think it is called adaptation.
Adapation=evolution.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Aug 11

I have no fear of death so I wont be going to hospital for cancer trying to squeeze a few more years out of life in this world of suffering.
Well that is one thing to say for your religion, if you believe in reincarnation, I guess you would not fear death. Of course all that could just be pure BS and you don't reincarnate but if it makes you feel better in your life, that has to be a plus.

I doubt you would refuse to go to the doctor if you got sick though.

For instance, the leukemia treatment the man got in the article I posted just got a shot and it was over a few weeks later.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Aug 11
1 edit

Well that is one thing to say for your religion, if you believe in reincarnation, I guess you would not fear death. Of course all that could just be pure BS and you don't reincarnate but if it makes you feel better in your life, that has to be a plus.

I doubt you would refuse to go to the doctor if you got sick though.

For instance, the leukemia treatment the man got in the article I posted just got a shot and it was over a few weeks later.
Missing the point..............

I am not against doctors.

We need doctors to set your broken arm.

We need doctors to assist in difficult pregnancies.

And because we all live in the same world with the same polluted environment we all need doctors to invent anti biotics and administer them.

In Vedic culture we didn't need anti biotics or most of the medicines we have to day.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 11

Adapation=evolution.
You and many others are redefining evolution to just mean adaptation
because you know proof of animals evolving into different kinds of
animals from one common ancestor is not there. If evolution was just
adaptation I would believe in it because God made animals with the
ability to adapt to their environments for survival purposes.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
15 Aug 11

You and many others are redefining evolution to just mean adaptation
because you know proof of animals evolving into different kinds of
animals from one common ancestor is not there. If evolution was just
adaptation I would believe in it because God made animals with the
ability to adapt to their environments for survival purposes.
May I add.....

They believe messing around with genes is creating life but genes are not life.

Genes are just building blocks for life along with RNA and DNA and cells, and atoms and molecules.

Science will never ever create life because life is not material.

Life is spiritual.

So cheating science will continue to get their grants from the tax payer and pretend that they are trying to create life but its all a bluff.

A bluff so they can squeeze more money for useless research.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Aug 11

May I add.....

They believe messing around with genes is creating life but genes are not life.

Genes are just building blocks for life along with RNA and DNA and cells, and atoms and molecules.

Science will never ever create life because life is not material.

Life is spiritual.

So cheating science will continue to get their grants from the tax p ...[text shortened]... create life but its all a bluff.

A bluff so they can squeeze more money for useless research.
This is one thing that I agree with you about.

u
semper fi

Moves
15 Aug 11

Why are you so sure you are right? I was raised christian, so I have been on both sides of the fence. I for one find it much easier to believe that evoluion is law rather than believing that a man crammed every animal on the planet into a single boat, or that a man lived in a whale/great fish for any period of time. I can keep going with these far-fetched claims such as women were created from man's rib, spontaneous generation of fish and bread to feed the multitudes, walking on water and so forth.

Most christian events, such as coming back from the dead (forgot to mention that above) are stolen from older pagan religions! There are tons of examples I can give you. My point is... why can you accept all of these miracles as true and not believe that man came from another animal when there is concrete evidence of this. I woke up when I asked questions and stopped depending on the words of other people as an excuse to follow blindly in order to reach "heaven" maybe you should too, but you won't. You will continue to think everyone else is ignorant unless they believe what you believe