1. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 00:32
    That's very obscene, Rajk. It is not good to talk so rudely.

It is also the case that we allow our Priests to be married.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 00:371 edit
    @philokalia said
    That's very obscene, Rajk. It is not good to talk so rudely.

It is also the case that we allow our Priests to be married.
    You mean its ok for church fathers to commit this act of depraved sexual abuse but its not ok to describe what they ae doing. I got it.

You are a disgusting church hypocrite. You repeatedly justify and condone the sick behaviour of your church. Clearly you idolise these sick pieces of garbage that need to be executed.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 00:371 edit
  4. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 01:11
    Do you honestly think that anyone in the Church believes hurting children is good? Of course not.

I do not idolize anyone who does this.

You seem very, very angry about this -- and you are right to be angry about it -- but you are directing it at the wrong people.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 01:30
    @philokalia said
    Do you honestly think that anyone in the Church believes hurting children is good? Of course not.

I do not idolize anyone who does this.

You seem very, very angry about this -- and you are right to be angry about it -- but you are directing it at the wrong people.
    Your church condones some of the most horrific sexual crimes against minors, by their silence and cover-up. You are part of it.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 01:33

Removed by poster

7. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 02:42
    @rajk999 said
    Your church condones some of the most horrific sexual crimes against minors, by their silence and cover-up. You are part of it.
    I am not a member of the Roman Catholic church, Rajk.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 04:18
    @philokalia said
    If you only believe in Jesus Christ's teachings, and reject the Trinity, that man is made in the image of God, etc., it might be the case that you are just a deist who admires the teachings of Jesus Christ.

This could be understandably confusing to any Englishman because, at this point, your position really is not that different from many Anglicans, so you could still ...[text shortened]... years ago, you would be liable to be tortured until you recanted or burnt at the stake for atheism.
    Are you saying that Anglicans are not Christians?
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 04:19
    @suzianne said
    Are you saying that Anglicans are not Christians?
    Not all Anglicans.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 06:231 edit
    @philokalia said
    Not all Anglicans.
    Can you be any more clear?

I'd like to hear what you're saying before I pre-emptorily fly off the handle about it. Why do you claim some Anglicans aren't Christian?

You're the one who started in with the Anglican derision. I'd like to know what you mean.
  11. S. Korea
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 07:42
    Anglicans which deny the words of St. Paul, which refer to homosexuality as a sin, and deny other such sexual sins, would be apostates. For they would be actively contradicting the words of a Saint.

People who deny the words of the New Testament like that have fallen from normal Christianity, and have decided to do away with the teachings of our church fathers to please the world.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 08:362 edits
    @divegeester
    No not “right”.

Okay.
    I'll remember that you said that.

If you are talking about your church,

Where I assemble together we receive all believers in Christ if they choose to meet with us. They do not have to. But we practice Romans 15:7 in our receiving fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

"Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received you to the glory of God." (Rom. 15:7)

This does not mean the church in my locality is a utopia. It means oneness in Christ is the paramount. To cut others off is to cut ourselves off. Its the minimum requirement to have a church.

You might not be comfortable if you don't believe Jesus is the Lord Jesus. So far, unless I missed a post, I have not seen you confess Jesus as Lord. Why then should I listen to one who cannot bring himself to confess "Lord Jesus" rebuke me about my church?

Did you read that " . . . and no one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit" (1 Cor. 12:3b)

yes I view it as being a cult,

One who cannot confess "Lord Jesus" I should listen to when he scolds me for being in a cult?
    What do you mean by "a cult" ?

or at least cultish.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 08:384 edits
    I still wonder about this. Other then a group of people you don't like, what is your definition of a cult? I assemble together with genuine Christians who confess Jesus is the Lord not just admire Jesus.

The church of God which is in Corinth consisted of those who called upon "our Lord Jesus Christ" (See 1 Cor. 1:2) One not confessing Jesus as our Lord Jesus Christ like a unitarian or deist would be weak indeed to accuse them as being cultish or a cult.

My opinion has nothing to do with China or Chinese people.

That point is taken and remembered.

You may want to read up on the article s written about your church to get a better view of the reasons that some people view it the way that they do.

Critical articles could be an indication of our faithfulness to the Lord and the truth.
    Again, where I meet is not a utopia. And no genuine church in the whole New Testament was a utopian society.

But Jesus said when people speak well of you it could be the same as the way they spoke well of the false prophets.

"Woe to you when all men speak well of you, for so their fathers did to the false prophets." (Luke 6:26)

And having critical words about a church is not a guarantee that that church is a cult. I've read critical words and read rebuttals to those words as well.

Shepherding Words
    www.shepherdingwords.com
    Contending For the Faith
    www.contendingforthefaith.com

Why don't you read some responses to some of those critical articles?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 08:45
    @philokalia said
    Anglicans which deny the words of St. Paul, which refer to homosexuality as a sin, and deny other such sexual sins, would be apostates. For they would be actively contradicting the words of a Saint.

People who deny the words of the New Testament like that have fallen from normal Christianity, and have decided to do away with the teachings of our church fathers to please the world.
    Was it a sin for you to have sex with your girlfriend before you married her?

Or was that ok?
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Mar '21 13:012 edits
    @divegeester
    So I’ll go first:
    - I seem to have a robust belief that there is a God

Praise God for that.
    Only the fool says in his heart "There is no God."

- brought up in a “Christian” home I rejected the Christian religion and then came back to it in my last 20s.

It would be great for you if you could finally confess LORD Jesus and receive Jesus as Lord. That would be coming back to Jesus really well.

- I’ve learnt to somehow simultaneously believe in the Bible and yet to also challenge it’s veracity, it’s legitimacy to claim to be the complete and totally infallible word of God.

I think more importantly for you would be to acknowledge finally the Lord Jesus. No one can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit.

Where is the intimate personal touch with Jesus as Lord?
    "Just taste and see that the LORD is good."

- I despise corporate religion

Then keep calling to the Lord Jesus. Keep turning to the living Lord Jesus.

It is one thing to leave religion. It is another thing for religion to leave YOU.
    An touch with the living Lord, day by day and even moment by moment is the only way I know to really get away from religion and into the living Person of the Lord Jesus.

- I abhor several established Christian doctrines (you know the ones)

If you weren't bothered by SOMETHING in the word of God, I wouldn't trust you.
    The Bible steps on everybody's toes somewhere

I don't know if there is even an angel that likes everything written in the Bible.

Ever try pouring out your heart to the Lord and saying "Lord Jesus, I don't like this part of the Bible."

God always receives an honest prayer imo.

- I don’t go to “church”
    - I find all visible western Christianity an anathema
    - I find western Christians, and especially many American Christian attitudes utterly repellant.
    - I believe in Jesus Christ, still, somehow.

it is the Lord Jesus. Receive Him as your Lord and Savior. Lord Jesus Christ.
    "Taste and see that the LORD is good." (Psalm 34:8)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree